MAC Paint Pot - Constructivist

4.5

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 7/17/2011 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I luuuurve mac paint pots. Just wish the packaging was air tight, my biggest fear with these is that I'll wake up one day and they'll just be dried up (I have 5 paint pots atm and only bare study has detached from the sides)... So, about constructivist: It's a very easy color with a very subtle shimmer - I'm NW 25-ish right now and It's not too dark for me... you get plenty product, and it's really easy to blend (for reference I use a sigma E35). recently I've been pairing this with nars ondine and It's such a pretty combo! the fine glitters in ondine are really brought out. I also find this really brings out my hazel eyes :) So even though I think this will last me a while, I'll probably repurchase it when It's gone.

on 7/11/2011 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Beautiful coppery type brownish colour. Goes lovely with my skin tone. I tend to wear it to work most days and because its kinda neutral it will go most outfits. This is an easy colour that doesn't need much thought if you're not sure what eyeshadow to wear. Constructivist with eyeliner, mascara and your eyes are good to go.

on 6/6/2011 10:39:00 AM

I love this paint pot!!
The colour is gourgeous!!!

on 5/21/2011 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Beautiful color, but not the best staying power as others have mentioned. This alone, with some eyeliner, gives my eyes a very finished, polished look. Love it!

on 3/13/2011 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this paint pot! It's a beautiful plummy brown color that looks really good with my light brownish/hazel eyes. I have oily eyelids so it isn't long wearing enough to last all day without creasing, but if you dont have oily lids, this will be great! I'd definitely buy again if I ever need to!

on 3/11/2011 8:43:00 PM

This paint pot is so utterly amazing I don't even have much to say: this is the best eyeshadow I've ever come across. I particularly love neutral, earthy shades (they're always more flattering to me) and I have a bunch of brownish eyeshadows, and ever since I got my hands on this one, I have NEVER used any other (of the brownish ones, of course), just because I know this is so much better, so why bother? It checks all the boxes: color, texture, staying power, it blends really well, and let's not even talk about versatility. I love using it with copper and gold pigments and black eyeshadow, to give it some contrast, but it's just as good as using it by itself, it's so practical. This is my ultimate go-to eyeshadow and if you have any doubts about getting it yourself, I guarantee you'll adore it!

on 2/21/2011 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this forever ago because I saw it used in a tutorial with beautiful results. Unfortunately I have very dry lids so paint pots are difficult for me to use. Such a gorgeous colour but I gave up on it because it didn't blend smoothly and was a pain to apply.

Some time later it dawned on me that I could use paint pots as liners (duh lol) I pulled this out and started using it the way I would use a gel liner. Perfection!

It's now my every day liner. It's a gorgeous deep brown with a slight reddish bronze shimmer that really flatters my green eyes and PPP complexion. It goes beautifully with my every day shadows as well (Benefit CCS in Birthday Suit, Mac Patina and Sable) The best part is, the pot will last me forever!

It's still very difficult to use as a base which is unfortunate. I've found that the Benefit CCS' are infinitely better as bases for my dry lids. I still use my PPs but only as liners now.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is so freaking beautiful. A must have a for a brown smokey eye.

Constructivist is a dark brown, metallic cream eyeshadow. I use this whenever I'm going out at night, under a variety of eyeshadows including browns, coppers, and purples.

Must have for dark and light eyes. If i ever finish this, I would definitely repurchase.

on 1/31/2011 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I love Constructivist as a base for brown and shadows and eye liners. And it really does hold it all on.

on 1/27/2011 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Beautiful color. A deep, brown burgundy shade. Looks great on blue or brown eyes. Absolutely beautiful and richly pigmented.

Top Rated MAC Products