September 20, 2014 | 1612 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot - Constructivist

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 10:39:00 AM More reviews by jcavaz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this paint pot!!
The colour is gourgeous!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Beautiful color, but not the best staying power as others have mentioned. This alone, with some eyeliner, gives my eyes a very finished, polished look. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 1:23:00 AM More reviews by restes11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this paint pot! It's a beautiful plummy brown color that looks really good with my light brownish/hazel eyes. I have oily eyelids so it isn't long wearing enough to last all day without creasing, but if you dont have oily lids, this will be great! I'd definitely buy again if I ever need to!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by mmolgaard

This paint pot is so utterly amazing I don't even have much to say: this is the best eyeshadow I've ever come across. I particularly love neutral, earthy shades (they're always more flattering to me) and I have a bunch of brownish eyeshadows, and ever since I got my hands on this one, I have NEVER used any other (of the brownish ones, of course), just because I know this is so much better, so why bother? It checks all the boxes: color, texture, staying power, it blends really well, and let's not even talk about versatility. I love using it with copper and gold pigments and black eyeshadow, to give it some contrast, but it's just as good as using it by itself, it's so practical. This is my ultimate go-to eyeshadow and if you have any doubts about getting it yourself, I guarantee you'll adore it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by aibreanx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this forever ago because I saw it used in a tutorial with beautiful results. Unfortunately I have very dry lids so paint pots are difficult for me to use. Such a gorgeous colour but I gave up on it because it didn't blend smoothly and was a pain to apply.

Some time later it dawned on me that I could use paint pots as liners (duh lol) I pulled this out and started using it the way I would use a gel liner. Perfection!

It's now my every day liner. It's a gorgeous deep brown with a slight reddish bronze shimmer that really flatters my green eyes and PPP complexion. It goes beautifully with my every day shadows as well (Benefit CCS in Birthday Suit, Mac Patina and Sable) The best part is, the pot will last me forever!

It's still very difficult to use as a base which is unfortunate. I've found that the Benefit CCS' are infinitely better as bases for my dry lids. I still use my PPs but only as liners now.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by sunshine23905

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is so freaking beautiful. A must have a for a brown smokey eye.

Constructivist is a dark brown, metallic cream eyeshadow. I use this whenever I'm going out at night, under a variety of eyeshadows including browns, coppers, and purples.

Must have for dark and light eyes. If i ever finish this, I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love Constructivist as a base for brown and shadows and eye liners. And it really does hold it all on.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by carissarose

Beautiful color. A deep, brown burgundy shade. Looks great on blue or brown eyes. Absolutely beautiful and richly pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2010 7:21:00 PM More reviews by ns4487

Another great paint pot from MAC. i want all of them! this is my forth, and I am not disappointed. cant wait to get the black one. Great as a base, doesnt crease, beautiful colour. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by UrbanxGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the latest addition to my ever growing paint pot collection. I was a little upset when I got home and discovered that it was a little sticky and hard on top. It seemed to have the CCO syndrome. Each paint pot I have picked up at a CCO has been drier than those (like this one) that I was able to get from a MAC counter or store. Thankfully, after rubbing the top a bit the product is soft and creamy as usually expected. NOW, with all of that out of the way.... Let me start by saying this is a fantastic color. It's a slightly deep taupey brown color that is great for a daytime smokey look. It can be paired with warm or cool colors for different effects or simply warn alone. I truly think this is a must have for anyone who likes to use paint pots either alone or as a base. It is not super shimmery as some of the others but is not completely matte either. The color can be sheer when applied with a light hand or built up to a decadent opague brown. This also makes a great base under Mauvement pigment from the Fabulous Felines collection. See MrKongsMom's video on YouTube for a demo. Totally awesome color collaboration.I was looking for an excuse to pick this up and her vid gave me exactly what I wanted;-) Hope this is helpful.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No