The Body Shop Olive Body Butter

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Olea europaea (Olive Oil) (Emollient), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Theobroma cacao (Cocoa Butter) (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Caramel (Colour), CI 77288 (Colour).

on 5/29/2011 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

My favourite body butter from The Body Shop. The scent is not overpowering and I find it moisturizing while also being easy to spread (compared to, say, the hemp one which is the most moisturizing to me but it's thicker and more difficult to spread.)
I will definitely buy this again, even at full price. :)

on 1/3/2011 4:48:00 PM

Lovely and rich, love the fragrance. A bit overpriced for something you may want to use everyday

on 12/26/2010 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love olive oil as a beauty product, so I was excited to try this body butter out. It's a great basic moisturizer, the scent is subtle and pleasant, it doesn't smell anything like olive oil to me. I use this on my legs and arms only, it's not an intensive healer.. my hands require something a little more moisturizing, so I stick to the shea body butter for that. I would repurchase because this is something you can't go wrong with!

on 12/21/2010 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

great smell but is not overpowering and doesn't linger for too long, which is good, also doesn't clash with most perfumes.
Doesn't moisturize enough tho. Back to cocoa and coconut for me!

on 9/26/2010 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love TBS body butters and want to try as many of them as possible! For some reason, it seems that every one I've tried has a slightly different texture. However, the Olive one has the type of texture that I prefer over some of the others. It's not very moisturizing for my feet, but it works pretty well for the rest of my body. I like the Olive scent, it's very subtle!

on 5/4/2010 12:59:00 AM

I love the body shop products. But it's usually a love/hate thing for me and their products being a hit or miss. I stay true to their hemp body butter and hand lotion. But I do like to venture out and try their other body butters, this being one of them. I love clean scents and was excited to receive this one. Thinking it would smell similiar to the hemp. But it's nothing like that. It's not a nice green scent, at least in my opinion. So I sent it back. Keeping true to my old fav, hemp.

on 4/19/2010 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I'm hooked on body butters! Some time ago, I bought the peach body butter, but the smell was too overwhelming and I felt like it didn't do enough to moisturize. However, years later I gave it another try and bought the brazil nut which I finished in a mere 3 months because I just loved it. So back I went to TBS today and got the Olive one and I love it just as much if not more! It smells so fresh and light, like summer crisp greens, yet remains distinctively feminine. It melts on contact with skin and moisturizes completely yet leaves that sheen on the skin I love for my legs for summer. $20CAD does seem a little steep for body lotion but I just love smothering this on my body and it definitely makes moisturizing a beauty ritual and not a chore.

on 2/18/2010 3:44:00 PM

love the smell!! Even though my skin is very dry, the thick cream is really hard to be absorbed. It works for my hands and itís really easy to carry (I mean the small one), so it became my hand cream!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This smells so good and fresh. I have really dry skin on my body and this doesn't really moisturize them very well. But the smell is to die for.

on 7/13/2009 4:54:00 AM

This is by far my favourite of the Body Shop body butters so far. It has a subtle and interesting smell that doesn't smell like a teenager and the thick cream sinks in well without being sticky and greasy. I'm not a big fan of the plastic packaging though I guess it's practical. I would repurchase but I want to try the Moringa version first.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products