Origins Clean Energy Cleansing Oil

4.3

Olive Oil, Safflower Seed Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Grape Seed Oil, PEG-25 Glyceryl Trioleate, Macadamia Seed Oil, Kukui Seed Oil, Sweet Orange Peel Oil, Lavandin Oil, Lemon Peel Oil, Bergamot Fruit Oil, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Cedarwood Bark Oil, Patchouli Oil, Clary Sage Oil, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Geranium Flower Oil, Australian Sandalwood Oil, Sandalwood Bark Oil, Linalool, Limonene, Sorbitan Trioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate

on 7/3/2012 4:36:00 AM

I really like this cleansing oil. Although I've only tried a couple of cleansing oils, this is by far the best that I've tried. It does a really good job of removing makeup. And although its purpose is to remove makeup and cleanse, I only use it as a makeup remover then I follow it with another cleanser to wash my face. Prior to using this cleanser, I use a separate eye makeup remover... extra virgin olive oil. This cleanser is very gentle and it doesn't strip my skin of oils, does not dry me out and I definitely don't break out from it. I highly recommend this product if you're looking for an oil makeup remover :)

on 6/19/2012 8:07:00 PM

I really like this. At first i thought, oil for oily skin? Buts its really good, doesnt make my skin anymore oily and actually cleans it really well. I use this everynight, by using this first then double cleansing with a facial wash. I do this when im wearing makeup and when im not wearing any. I find that it cleanses my skin really well but also moisturises it. It takes makeup off really well and ive noticed a difference in my treaments (masks/nose strips) when i double cleanse with this. For the size its a really good price and ive had it for about 2 months and used it every night and ive only used a small amount. At first i didnt realise that you could get a pump for it but its definitely better with it. With the pump i only use two pumps and thats more than enough so its definitely value for money. I would buy again but probably not for a while as this bottle will last me ages even using it everday!

on 6/16/2012 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I used this instead of DHC's cleansing oil because it is cheaper. The texture is lighter and it doesn't feel heavy. I don't feel like it cleans my skin as well though. The one thing I do like about it is that is does not sting my eyes, and when I wear contacts it doesn't make them water later in the day like the DHC one does. I am not sure if I will buy it again, I am still on the fence.

on 6/11/2012 4:33:00 PM

Im not in love with this product. This oil does not remove anything! The oil is very thin and my skin feels dry after using it. I never had skin problems, but now I have to deal with breakouts after using this product for 3 weeks.
I do like the bottle and the pump works good for me, but I never buy the product again.

on 5/27/2012 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm using this instead of Shu Uemura Cleaning Oil Fresh because Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Light no longer is available (replaced by Cleansing Oil Fresh). Clean Energy is slightly thicker than Cleansing Oil Light but not as heavy as Cleansing Oil Fresh. It's also 20% cheaper than Shu Cleansing Oils. I don't mind the herbal smell, I actually find it refreshing. I'm pretty sure Shu was a little quicker at getting off waterproof eye makeup but in the end, after rinsing, my face was just as clean.

The only bad part is the bottle. I need to purchase the pump at the counter (when I find the time!), otherwise not only is pouring it in your hand an exercise in precision and hand/eye coordination, but the pesky top is probably the worst designed object ever for someone with oily hands. It's so poorly designed I'm convinced they did it on purpose - it's hard to put back on and its shape and material composition is dead on for bouncing. I drop this top at least every other day and it always bounces right off the counter and all over the floor where I have to go chasing after it. They should market it as a bouncy ball.

on 5/5/2012 7:53:00 PM

I have been using this for over 6 months now and I really really like it, though I am not in love with it. I would definitely purchase it again because there are more pros than cons.

Positives:
1) The scent is nice, not overpowering.
2) At first I didn't like that Origins sells the pump separately from the cleansing oil, but now I agree it is better. You end up using slightly less waste (less plastic), its not a huge amount of waste, but its well-intentioned.
3) This bottle lasts A LONG TIME. I have used it for over 6 months and I have only used 20% of it. Maybe I'm not using enough oil, but my face feels clean afterwards so I don't feel I need to use a whole lot.
4) I don't wear a lot of makeup in general, so maybe others' experience will be different, but I find it to be decent at removing makeup. I sometimes cleanse twice if I feel I need to, but there is so much product in this bottle, I don't feel guilty doing so.
5) Great price for the amt given in the bottle.

Negatives:
1) I actually wish the oil was a little thicker. I find it to be a bit too slippery so end up pumping 3-4 times per wash. This is a preference, however, so maybe this would be a positive for some people.
2) The pump dispenser could be better. It has a travel- lock mechanism which works fine. But the problem is it doesn't stay/click in and stay open. Each time after I use the pump, it always shifts a little towards the travel-lock position. So when I go in for the 2nd pump, I have to move the pump back to open it. I think it should stay open and I shouldn't have to keep moving it to open every time I want to use it. (Not sure if this description made sense, but I tried).

Lastly, I use Jojoba oil as a cleanser too, and decided to add jojoba to it. So far its been great - I only added about 1/5 of jojoba to the oil, and I hardly smell the jojoba. It still smells like the original cleansing oil and it feels slightly more moisturizing to me.

I would definitely purchase this again, but I don't know when that will be because I still have soooo much of this product. Love that!

I gave this a 4 only because its not yet a HG for me, but maybe in another 6 months it will be!

on 4/23/2012 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is a good cleansing oil, and I liked it UNTIL I read the ingredients and realized that it is basically olive oil with a few essential oils, marked up 300%. It went back to the store, and I went back to the extra virgin olive oil/ rose hip seed oil combination that I had been using.

Ooh. I haven't had this product for very long - three days - but I love it so far. About eight months ago my skin broke out badly around my cheeks and jaw. It seemed to be hormonal, so I took Cilest for it (cleared up my skin brilliantly), but I was left with red marks on my cheeks where the spots had been, and a tendency to develop new spots in that area when I was stressed. Within two days of using this cleanser, my cheeks are totally clear of the red marks. My skin is glowing, and my skintone is more even.

As an aside, I didn't buy the pump (people said to get it because it was only 1, but actually, with delivery, it worked out as 4 - nearly a quarter of the price of the bottle!) and I find the bottle fine to use. It's not *the* easiest bottle but it's still bloody easy - I don't really understand all the complaints about it. I was worried that opening and pouring the cleanser would be some mammoth, Crystal Maze-esque task. But no.

Definitely worth a try. I'd buy again, and I like feeling that I am not stripping my skin of natural oils and leaving it more vulnerable to the ageing process.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I did NOT expect to like this. Ever since SHU left the USA I have been on the hunt to find a replacement cleansing oil. This will be my seventh brand I've tried since. I hated all of them before. Origins does the trick! and it lasts forever. I use 10 pumps a day (rec. only 3-4 pumps) and have had it for over 6 months and still have 25 percent less. Affordable, effective, natural, and smells nice.

on 1/13/2012 9:24:00 AM

I use this with a muslin cloth to remove makeup and cleanse in the evening. I used to double cleanse with Dermalogica Pre-cleanse followed by a separate cleanser but I switched to Origins as I wanted to try a slightly cheaper cleansing oil.

The packaging is pretty poor as it's a screw top bottle and with an oil you really need something like a pump dispenser. The product itself removes make-up easily and it acts almost identically to Pre-cleanse. If I was being picky I'd say I prefer Pre-cleanse: I feel like my hyper-sensitive skin was a smidge calmer with this and I also don't like the smell of the Origins oil. Pre-cleanse lasted an age so was economically efficient - time will tell with Origins.

Overall I don't think I'll be re-purchasing.
**EDIT**- after continued use over a couple of months I've discovered that this is an extremely drying cleanser which I have grown to loathe! It strips the skin of moisture and the oil doesn't really dissolve on contact with water so it clogs the sink a lot! Won't be using this again!