April 20, 2014 | 961 users online

Cleansers - Origins - Clean Energy Cleansing Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by littleantlers85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ooh. I haven't had this product for very long - three days - but I love it so far. About eight months ago my skin broke out badly around my cheeks and jaw. It seemed to be hormonal, so I took Cilest for it (cleared up my skin brilliantly), but I was left with red marks on my cheeks where the spots had been, and a tendency to develop new spots in that area when I was stressed. Within two days of using this cleanser, my cheeks are totally clear of the red marks. My skin is glowing, and my skintone is more even.

As an aside, I didn't buy the pump (people said to get it because it was only £1, but actually, with delivery, it worked out as £4 - nearly a quarter of the price of the bottle!) and I find the bottle fine to use. It's not *the* easiest bottle but it's still bloody easy - I don't really understand all the complaints about it. I was worried that opening and pouring the cleanser would be some mammoth, Crystal Maze-esque task. But no.

Definitely worth a try. I'd buy again, and I like feeling that I am not stripping my skin of natural oils and leaving it more vulnerable to the ageing process.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Michaelangelo22

I did NOT expect to like this. Ever since SHU left the USA I have been on the hunt to find a replacement cleansing oil. This will be my seventh brand I've tried since. I hated all of them before. Origins does the trick! and it lasts forever. I use 10 pumps a day (rec. only 3-4 pumps) and have had it for over 6 months and still have 25 percent less. Affordable, effective, natural, and smells nice.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2012 9:24:00 AM More reviews by jj192

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this with a muslin cloth to remove makeup and cleanse in the evening. I used to double cleanse with Dermalogica Pre-cleanse followed by a separate cleanser but I switched to Origins as I wanted to try a slightly cheaper cleansing oil.

The packaging is pretty poor as it's a screw top bottle and with an oil you really need something like a pump dispenser. The product itself removes make-up easily and it acts almost identically to Pre-cleanse. If I was being picky I'd say I prefer Pre-cleanse: I feel like my hyper-sensitive skin was a smidge calmer with this and I also don't like the smell of the Origins oil. Pre-cleanse lasted an age so was economically efficient - time will tell with Origins.

Overall I don't think I'll be re-purchasing.
**EDIT**- after continued use over a couple of months I've discovered that this is an extremely drying cleanser which I have grown to loathe! It strips the skin of moisture and the oil doesn't really dissolve on contact with water so it clogs the sink a lot! Won't be using this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by J_cool

Wanted to try an affordable, domestic cleansing oil for some time but usually end up purchasing cleansing oils from Japan. Although they are highly effective and a real treat to use, they are definitely on the pricey side. I came across Origins' Clean Energy Cleansing Oil and was thrilled to find out that it was manufactured under Estee Lauder and that it followed a philosophy of using natural, high-quality ingredients with regards to skin sensitivities and concerns.

Because I use a tough, water-proof sunscreen, I need something that will easily lift it off along with a long-lasting make-up base. Once massaged into the skin, CECO melts away the foundation, the mascara, the bronzer. The oil is transformed when water is added and a rich, milk-like lather ensues, which rinses nearly clean. My skin felt soft and pampered and refreshed after the rinse, not to mention nicely fragrant. I would recommend using an additional cleanser if you want the skin to be thoroughly cleansed. The cleansing oil is considered a pre-cleanse that rids the skin of deep impurities, excessive makeup, residue, and anything that bonds to the skin ("long-wearing" eye, skin, cheek makeup). Origins passed the test in effectively ridding the skin of stubborn product and makeup.

CECO is an infusion of dozens of oils that include, but are not limited to: olive oil, sesame oil, sage oil, lemon oil, orange oil, lavender oil, sunflower oil, safflower oil, rosemary oil, et cetera. Chock-full of nutrient-rich oils, I feel that not only am I giving my face a deep, gentle cleanse, but also feeding it some really good stuff to help tonify and strengthen it.

Some cleansing oils tend to make me itchy, dry, and give that stripped, "tight-feeling." CECO didn't have that effect. If anything, it left my skin feeling moisturized and balanced. However, after every oil-cleanse, I follow with an additional facial wash.

I find it suitable for those with skin sensitivities and those with inflammation issues. It has a soothing, calming effect probably due to the aromatherapeutic properties of it's many featured oils.

The value of the oil is great considering how much you get. It was roughly $25 for a 6.7 ounce. I was paying about double the amount for a Japanese cleansing oil that had only 4 ounces of product.

It is better than or just as effective of any of the cleansing oils I tried in the past (FANCL, Bobbi Brown, DHC, Shiseido, Clinique, Kanebo), but I get more product, a multitude of oils (as opposed to just ONE oil), a more fragrant washing experience, and a cheaper price tag.

If you're looking for a gentle cleansing oil that dissolves heavy makeup and anything water-proof, that is also fortifying to the skin and it's many needs, I recommend Origins' Clean Energy Cleansing Oil - it's great!

I would suggest to every one that the packaging is t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e and must have a pump. I accidentally spilled mine once... :/

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Rexina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Origins!
This was my first meeting with Origins and I fell in love!
This is a perfect multipurpuse-product that I really enjoy using to remove my makeup at night.

It's a makeup remover and cleanser in one. Takes makeup off like it was water.. It cleans out and tightens pores (no toner needed afterwards). It balances the skin and leaves no film nor tight feeling. and best of all: Calms the skin and don't block pores. It's my HG cleansing product, and I will never be without. BUT if my skin is tight/dehydrated can this be a bit drying. i alternate between this and the Make a difference cleanser! My two HG cleansers of all!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by hambo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this. Already on my second bottle.
Other cleansing oils I've tried:
Fancl - too drying. Made my skin super flakey and dehydrated.
MAC - didn't rinse off cleanly. Felt like it left a film on my skin.
DHC - loved this too, but it's hard to find here.

The Origins cleansing oil is great. Removes all my makeup, rinses off well with no residue, pleasant scent and leaves my skin feeling clean but not stripped dry.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by niff524

I've been using cleansing oil for removing makeup for years, and my former HG was Shu's cleansing oil (have tried and loved the pink cherry blossom version and the green tea antioxidant version). I have tried many other Japanese brands (DHC, Fancl etc.) but since I live in the UK, Shu was the only widely available cleansing oil so I stuck with it despite the steep price tag. However, having read some good reviews on Origins' cleansing oil here on MUA and given that it's widely available in the UK, I purchased one bottle to see if it would be a viable alternative to the Shu oil. I'm pleased to say that this not only matched Shu's product but surpassed it, at least for me!!

- It rinses clean, leaving little/ no residue, unlike Shu's oils which are much richer, even the light balancing version in pink. 2nd wash with foaming cleanser is optional with Origins' oil.

- It doesn't make me blind temporarily like Shu's oil!!!

- It's cheaper (but I paid £1 extra for the pump bottle which is a MUST)

- The ingredients are arguably better, although ladies who are sensitive to natural ingredients and oils might have a reaction.

- Cleansing power is just as good as the Shu. I wear full makeup/ BB cream/ sunscreen everyday but this washes everything off with ease.

Although I've had bad experience with Origins' products in the past - one of their highly fragranced eye serums stung my eyes so badly that I had to return it - Clean Energy really is a winner and if you're interested in the oil cleansing method, give this a go as it's relatively cheap and can be purchased in most department stores!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

used the shu uemura cleansing oil for about 4 years and though i liked it, once it wasn't available in stores in the us i decided to try something new and also mineral oil free. i did a little research and found clean energy. i'm not a huge fan of the scent. i'm not usually into very natural herbal scents. but i definitely like what it does for my skin. it removes all traces of makeup and preps my skin for when i do a second cleanse with a foaming cleanser. i also don't feel a residue left behind by this oil cleanser either which i've really liked. this hasn't caused any breakouts or any reactions and i would definitely continue using this and repurchasing when i'm through with my bottle. also, a little goes a long way so you don't have to use too much and i can see this lasting a long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Michelle219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Clean Energy is a good pre-cleanse better than Dermalogica in price and in ingredients. This breaks down my moisturizer and the oil in my skin so that I get a better clean when I wash with my normal facial soap.

UPDATE: I had to give this up when I realized that this was the product making my skin so dry. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what was causing my skin to be so horrible - I was oily but dry at the same time, which was causing break outs. I tried different moisturizers, masks, and adding a toner but it never helped. I had no idea that an oil cleanser could dry out my skin. Now that I have figured it out I am giving Lancôme Crème Radiance a try, I have heard great things about it from a friend and read online reviews that it’s good for combination skin and for removing make up.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by SheGlowsPale

LOVE! Ever have a product you actually look forward to using everyday? THIS is mine! As background: I have slightly oily skin and mild acne problems (less often now due to acne.org treatment - my HG). This product has never ever broken me out or cause anymore oil. This is my every night cleanser. What I truly love about this product is it gets ALL of my makeup off (and I use very long wearing makeup) and cleans my skin all in 1 step. I still use a toner afterwards usually but there is hardly anything on the cotton pad after I swipe it (my test for how well a cleanser takes my mu off). I love the smell as well - reminds me of a more natural fruit loops lol. I find Origins products very hit or miss, but this is my absolute hit!

Also for reference I've only used two other cleansing oils before - DHC and MAC. DHC i remember liking but not being wow-ed by, and I found MACs to be nice as well but too liquidy/watery feeling, probably because I had already been using Origins before I tried the MAC and the consistency just wasn't what I was used to and loved about the Clean Energy.

There is absolutely nothing bad I can say about this product. I love it sop much that I refuse to stay anywhere without it - I actually have 2 in my apartment, 1 in my boyfriends, and 1 at my parents just in case!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No