October 21, 2014 | 1957 users online

Cleansers - Origins - Clean Energy Cleansing Oil

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by phylosopy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Im not in love with this product. This oil does not remove anything! The oil is very thin and my skin feels dry after using it. I never had skin problems, but now I have to deal with breakouts after using this product for 3 weeks.
I do like the bottle and the pump works good for me, but I never buy the product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by shumster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm using this instead of Shu Uemura Cleaning Oil Fresh because Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Light no longer is available (replaced by Cleansing Oil Fresh). Clean Energy is slightly thicker than Cleansing Oil Light but not as heavy as Cleansing Oil Fresh. It's also 20% cheaper than Shu Cleansing Oils. I don't mind the herbal smell, I actually find it refreshing. I'm pretty sure Shu was a little quicker at getting off waterproof eye makeup but in the end, after rinsing, my face was just as clean.

The only bad part is the bottle. I need to purchase the pump at the counter (when I find the time!), otherwise not only is pouring it in your hand an exercise in precision and hand/eye coordination, but the pesky top is probably the worst designed object ever for someone with oily hands. It's so poorly designed I'm convinced they did it on purpose - it's hard to put back on and its shape and material composition is dead on for bouncing. I drop this top at least every other day and it always bounces right off the counter and all over the floor where I have to go chasing after it. They should market it as a bouncy ball.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by suzyorchid

I have been using this for over 6 months now and I really really like it, though I am not in love with it. I would definitely purchase it again because there are more pros than cons.

Positives:
1) The scent is nice, not overpowering.
2) At first I didn't like that Origins sells the pump separately from the cleansing oil, but now I agree it is better. You end up using slightly less waste (less plastic), its not a huge amount of waste, but its well-intentioned.
3) This bottle lasts A LONG TIME. I have used it for over 6 months and I have only used 20% of it. Maybe I'm not using enough oil, but my face feels clean afterwards so I don't feel I need to use a whole lot.
4) I don't wear a lot of makeup in general, so maybe others' experience will be different, but I find it to be decent at removing makeup. I sometimes cleanse twice if I feel I need to, but there is so much product in this bottle, I don't feel guilty doing so.
5) Great price for the amt given in the bottle.

Negatives:
1) I actually wish the oil was a little thicker. I find it to be a bit too slippery so end up pumping 3-4 times per wash. This is a preference, however, so maybe this would be a positive for some people.
2) The pump dispenser could be better. It has a travel- lock mechanism which works fine. But the problem is it doesn't stay/click in and stay open. Each time after I use the pump, it always shifts a little towards the travel-lock position. So when I go in for the 2nd pump, I have to move the pump back to open it. I think it should stay open and I shouldn't have to keep moving it to open every time I want to use it. (Not sure if this description made sense, but I tried).

Lastly, I use Jojoba oil as a cleanser too, and decided to add jojoba to it. So far its been great - I only added about 1/5 of jojoba to the oil, and I hardly smell the jojoba. It still smells like the original cleansing oil and it feels slightly more moisturizing to me.

I would definitely purchase this again, but I don't know when that will be because I still have soooo much of this product. Love that!

I gave this a 4 only because its not yet a HG for me, but maybe in another 6 months it will be!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by shannon804

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good cleansing oil, and I liked it UNTIL I read the ingredients and realized that it is basically olive oil with a few essential oils, marked up 300%. It went back to the store, and I went back to the extra virgin olive oil/ rose hip seed oil combination that I had been using.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by littleantlers85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ooh. I haven't had this product for very long - three days - but I love it so far. About eight months ago my skin broke out badly around my cheeks and jaw. It seemed to be hormonal, so I took Cilest for it (cleared up my skin brilliantly), but I was left with red marks on my cheeks where the spots had been, and a tendency to develop new spots in that area when I was stressed. Within two days of using this cleanser, my cheeks are totally clear of the red marks. My skin is glowing, and my skintone is more even.

As an aside, I didn't buy the pump (people said to get it because it was only 1, but actually, with delivery, it worked out as 4 - nearly a quarter of the price of the bottle!) and I find the bottle fine to use. It's not *the* easiest bottle but it's still bloody easy - I don't really understand all the complaints about it. I was worried that opening and pouring the cleanser would be some mammoth, Crystal Maze-esque task. But no.

Definitely worth a try. I'd buy again, and I like feeling that I am not stripping my skin of natural oils and leaving it more vulnerable to the ageing process.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Michaelangelo22

I did NOT expect to like this. Ever since SHU left the USA I have been on the hunt to find a replacement cleansing oil. This will be my seventh brand I've tried since. I hated all of them before. Origins does the trick! and it lasts forever. I use 10 pumps a day (rec. only 3-4 pumps) and have had it for over 6 months and still have 25 percent less. Affordable, effective, natural, and smells nice.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2012 9:24:00 AM More reviews by jj192

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this with a muslin cloth to remove makeup and cleanse in the evening. I used to double cleanse with Dermalogica Pre-cleanse followed by a separate cleanser but I switched to Origins as I wanted to try a slightly cheaper cleansing oil.

The packaging is pretty poor as it's a screw top bottle and with an oil you really need something like a pump dispenser. The product itself removes make-up easily and it acts almost identically to Pre-cleanse. If I was being picky I'd say I prefer Pre-cleanse: I feel like my hyper-sensitive skin was a smidge calmer with this and I also don't like the smell of the Origins oil. Pre-cleanse lasted an age so was economically efficient - time will tell with Origins.

Overall I don't think I'll be re-purchasing.
**EDIT**- after continued use over a couple of months I've discovered that this is an extremely drying cleanser which I have grown to loathe! It strips the skin of moisture and the oil doesn't really dissolve on contact with water so it clogs the sink a lot! Won't be using this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by J_cool

Wanted to try an affordable, domestic cleansing oil for some time but usually end up purchasing cleansing oils from Japan. Although they are highly effective and a real treat to use, they are definitely on the pricey side. I came across Origins' Clean Energy Cleansing Oil and was thrilled to find out that it was manufactured under Estee Lauder and that it followed a philosophy of using natural, high-quality ingredients with regards to skin sensitivities and concerns.

Because I use a tough, water-proof sunscreen, I need something that will easily lift it off along with a long-lasting make-up base. Once massaged into the skin, CECO melts away the foundation, the mascara, the bronzer. The oil is transformed when water is added and a rich, milk-like lather ensues, which rinses nearly clean. My skin felt soft and pampered and refreshed after the rinse, not to mention nicely fragrant. I would recommend using an additional cleanser if you want the skin to be thoroughly cleansed. The cleansing oil is considered a pre-cleanse that rids the skin of deep impurities, excessive makeup, residue, and anything that bonds to the skin ("long-wearing" eye, skin, cheek makeup). Origins passed the test in effectively ridding the skin of stubborn product and makeup.

CECO is an infusion of dozens of oils that include, but are not limited to: olive oil, sesame oil, sage oil, lemon oil, orange oil, lavender oil, sunflower oil, safflower oil, rosemary oil, et cetera. Chock-full of nutrient-rich oils, I feel that not only am I giving my face a deep, gentle cleanse, but also feeding it some really good stuff to help tonify and strengthen it.

Some cleansing oils tend to make me itchy, dry, and give that stripped, "tight-feeling." CECO didn't have that effect. If anything, it left my skin feeling moisturized and balanced. However, after every oil-cleanse, I follow with an additional facial wash.

I find it suitable for those with skin sensitivities and those with inflammation issues. It has a soothing, calming effect probably due to the aromatherapeutic properties of it's many featured oils.

The value of the oil is great considering how much you get. It was roughly $25 for a 6.7 ounce. I was paying about double the amount for a Japanese cleansing oil that had only 4 ounces of product.

It is better than or just as effective of any of the cleansing oils I tried in the past (FANCL, Bobbi Brown, DHC, Shiseido, Clinique, Kanebo), but I get more product, a multitude of oils (as opposed to just ONE oil), a more fragrant washing experience, and a cheaper price tag.

If you're looking for a gentle cleansing oil that dissolves heavy makeup and anything water-proof, that is also fortifying to the skin and it's many needs, I recommend Origins' Clean Energy Cleansing Oil - it's great!

I would suggest to every one that the packaging is t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e and must have a pump. I accidentally spilled mine once... :/

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Rexina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Origins!
This was my first meeting with Origins and I fell in love!
This is a perfect multipurpuse-product that I really enjoy using to remove my makeup at night.

It's a makeup remover and cleanser in one. Takes makeup off like it was water.. It cleans out and tightens pores (no toner needed afterwards). It balances the skin and leaves no film nor tight feeling. and best of all: Calms the skin and don't block pores. It's my HG cleansing product, and I will never be without. BUT if my skin is tight/dehydrated can this be a bit drying. i alternate between this and the Make a difference cleanser! My two HG cleansers of all!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by hambo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this. Already on my second bottle.
Other cleansing oils I've tried:
Fancl - too drying. Made my skin super flakey and dehydrated.
MAC - didn't rinse off cleanly. Felt like it left a film on my skin.
DHC - loved this too, but it's hard to find here.

The Origins cleansing oil is great. Removes all my makeup, rinses off well with no residue, pleasant scent and leaves my skin feeling clean but not stripped dry.