October 30, 2014 | 1754 users online

Skincare - Body - Vaseline - Vitalizing Gel Body Oil, With Brazillian Nut and Almond Oils

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2008 10:26:00 PM More reviews by EstheticianJen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I will say it's too small a bottle for the price. That being said, I just love this stuff. I love the coconut smell and the very sexy sheen it gives to my skin. My husband goes nuts for this stuff on me. Like other reviewers have said, you prob have to wait to put on clothes. It does leave my very dry skin incredibly soft. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2008 7:41:00 PM More reviews by kyidmnmaiv

I was excited about the idea of a gel form of body oil because regular oil is so messy. I haven't had any problems with spills and the gel still spreads very easily.
I'd buy it again, but the fragrance is completely repulsive to me. It's more cake batter than cocoa butter. Gross, really. I'll finish the bottle, but next time I'll just get regular body oil, especially since plain oil is a better deal.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2008 7:57:00 AM More reviews by th_butterfly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! It is greasy, so go light when you first put the stuff on, but it does make your skin look sexy! I also have super dry hands so i put a dab on and seems to work well. Will buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2008 5:33:00 PM More reviews by gaudiora

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is basically mineral oil with scent added to it and a small amount of plant based oils, which doesn't sound glamorous, but it gets the job done. Normally I dislike the scent of cocoa butter but I find that this has a really light, pleasing coco scent. I rated this as 4 stars because you do have to wait for it to soak in before putting on clothing. I like how moisturizing this is, and also it could double as a body massage oil ;) Good for winter skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2008 9:01:00 PM More reviews by prettiedup

Have been using this only about a week but I have to admit, it does wonders for me in the harsh winter. I have been hesitant to use oils and such because of the break-out factor. But so far, so good.

I put it on right after the shower, while my skin is still wet. I haven't had the problem of the product staining clothes. Hopefully, this will be a HG for me. I'd really like to use it in summer. It seems to give skin a glow of sorts.

My skin feels ... plumpy? But in a good way.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2008 5:42:00 PM More reviews by pwatters

I use this straight out of the shower, without toweling off first. I get the feeling that helps lock in the moister and cuts down on the greasiness. I have REALLY dry skin and feel like this works wonders. I will say, that there are times when I've used this that I feel like my clothes stick to me, but that's only happened when I get dressed immediately after putting it on - wait a few minutes (makeup and hair) and all's good. I thought the coconut smell would bother me, as I have and use a favorite perfume daily, but didn't notice a problem with conflicting smells. It is a little messy; I guess as an oil it would have a tendency to leak a little!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 10:19:00 PM More reviews by dachua

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got curious about this product after reading about it here. I would have to say it's a love/hate relationship so far. Let's face it, this stuff is GREASY...it is mostly mineral oil and thickeners with some nut oils thrown in at the end of the ingredient list. That being said, it smells wonderful and does leave a beautiful sheen on your skin. I tried it on dry skin and thought it would never sink in..then I tried it after showering on wet skin...MUCH better...by the time I dried off, my skin was silky but not greasy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2008 10:19:00 PM More reviews by jowashington

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Like the previous poster, I am also from the Pacific Northwest and my skin gets extremely dry in the wintertime. I LOVE this gel!! It is the first thing I reach for after getting out of the shower. I massage it in, and by the time I am done blowdrying my hair and brushing my teeth it is all soaked in, leaving my skin velvety soft with a slight sheen. The fragrance is wonderful, a delightful kind of cocoa buttery nutty smell, but not so overpowering that you can't wear perfume over it. Because of this gel, this is the first winter my legs haven't been so dry and itchy. I guess the key is massaging it in and giving it time to soak in. Took one lippie off for the leaky top, otherwise a great product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2008 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Cherries27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just got this stuff today, I will admit that im a package junkie and buy things if they look cool or are packaged nicely... I was attracted to the gel and its cute little bubbles... I was hoping it wouldnt be greasy like baby oil but my fears have been confirmed, and it is pretty slimy.... like everyone else says it does smell nice.... and the idea is nice... it does leak which is a little annoying.. glad i didnt get it in my car....I will try it after a shower and see how that goes, but if it turns out like it did on my hands/arms, I probably wont be buying again...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2008 3:52:00 PM More reviews by addysmom

This product is awesome for dry skin in winter, but will be great for summer use also. I put it on right after a shower/or bath and it does take a little while to sink in, but it makes your skin very moisturized! It is still on my skin when I am ready to take a shower the next day. I have been wanting to try this, but it took me awhile to find it. I will definately keep this one around. It is mostly mineral oil, which is why it is amazing. The smell is very nutty smelling due to the almond oil. The smell does not last though. This is one of the best body oils I have tried and the price is reasonable also, around $7.00. I just wish it came in a larger bottle like other vaseline lotions. It is 6.8 oz.