Vaseline Vitalizing Gel Body Oil, With Brazillian Nut and Almond Oils

3.9

I have to admit, I was a little bit apprehensive about buying this because I haven't had great experiences with body oil gels in the past. I was right, the gels don't seem to soak into your skin as quickly or as much as regular body oils, which is kind of annoying. I love the smell of this stuff during the summer, it's great to put on after being out in the sun all day and then taking a shower. I like the way it looks on my legs and arms/shoulders. I do wax my arms though, so I think if you have hairy arms it might make the hair kind of stick down to your skin. This gel is very sticky and greasy, and because it doesn't really soak into your skin - it gets on your clothes and furniture. It's hard to put on and get much coverage like a lotion, because you can't really rub it in. The packaging is alright, if you aren't careful though it is easy to get excess oil all over the cap/bottle. It would be better off in a pump or something. If you travel with this stuff, definitely put the bottle in a Ziploc bag first!
Overall, it's kind of what I expected. The smell is nice, and I'll still use it every so often - but I'm not sure I'd buy it again.

*Update*
I figured out a way to make the gel easier to wear, instead of applying it by itself to my skin, I mix equal amounts of the gel and my cocoa butter lotion in my hand and then apply it - and it works great! Gives my skin extra moisture and sheen, without being too greasy like a gel or too sticky like a lotion. It's really starting to grow on me! Helps my tan stick around longer during the summer because it's so moisturising.

I love this stuff so much, that this is my first product review ever! I just have to rave about it. I love the smell, the texture, everything. I do agree that the bottle could be bigger for the price, but that's my only complaint. It's certainly cheaper than TBS Nut Butter, and smells just as good

I will say it's too small a bottle for the price. That being said, I just love this stuff. I love the coconut smell and the very sexy sheen it gives to my skin. My husband goes nuts for this stuff on me. Like other reviewers have said, you prob have to wait to put on clothes. It does leave my very dry skin incredibly soft. I will definitely repurchase.

I was excited about the idea of a gel form of body oil because regular oil is so messy. I haven't had any problems with spills and the gel still spreads very easily.
I'd buy it again, but the fragrance is completely repulsive to me. It's more cake batter than cocoa butter. Gross, really. I'll finish the bottle, but next time I'll just get regular body oil, especially since plain oil is a better deal.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff! It is greasy, so go light when you first put the stuff on, but it does make your skin look sexy! I also have super dry hands so i put a dab on and seems to work well. Will buy this again.

This is basically mineral oil with scent added to it and a small amount of plant based oils, which doesn't sound glamorous, but it gets the job done. Normally I dislike the scent of cocoa butter but I find that this has a really light, pleasing coco scent. I rated this as 4 stars because you do have to wait for it to soak in before putting on clothing. I like how moisturizing this is, and also it could double as a body massage oil ;) Good for winter skin!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Have been using this only about a week but I have to admit, it does wonders for me in the harsh winter. I have been hesitant to use oils and such because of the break-out factor. But so far, so good.

I put it on right after the shower, while my skin is still wet. I haven't had the problem of the product staining clothes. Hopefully, this will be a HG for me. I'd really like to use it in summer. It seems to give skin a glow of sorts.

My skin feels ... plumpy? But in a good way.

I use this straight out of the shower, without toweling off first. I get the feeling that helps lock in the moister and cuts down on the greasiness. I have REALLY dry skin and feel like this works wonders. I will say, that there are times when I've used this that I feel like my clothes stick to me, but that's only happened when I get dressed immediately after putting it on - wait a few minutes (makeup and hair) and all's good. I thought the coconut smell would bother me, as I have and use a favorite perfume daily, but didn't notice a problem with conflicting smells. It is a little messy; I guess as an oil it would have a tendency to leak a little!

I got curious about this product after reading about it here. I would have to say it's a love/hate relationship so far. Let's face it, this stuff is GREASY...it is mostly mineral oil and thickeners with some nut oils thrown in at the end of the ingredient list. That being said, it smells wonderful and does leave a beautiful sheen on your skin. I tried it on dry skin and thought it would never sink in..then I tried it after showering on wet skin...MUCH better...by the time I dried off, my skin was silky but not greasy.

Like the previous poster, I am also from the Pacific Northwest and my skin gets extremely dry in the wintertime. I LOVE this gel!! It is the first thing I reach for after getting out of the shower. I massage it in, and by the time I am done blowdrying my hair and brushing my teeth it is all soaked in, leaving my skin velvety soft with a slight sheen. The fragrance is wonderful, a delightful kind of cocoa buttery nutty smell, but not so overpowering that you can't wear perfume over it. Because of this gel, this is the first winter my legs haven't been so dry and itchy. I guess the key is massaging it in and giving it time to soak in. Took one lippie off for the leaky top, otherwise a great product.

Popular Body Skincare Products