St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea butter

4.4

Aqua, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Soybean Oil, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Urea, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Avena Sativa (Oat) Meal Extract, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Carbomer, Parfum, Triethanolamine, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Cetearyl Glucoside, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Caramel, Red 33, Yellow 5, Yellow 6.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

ABSOLUTE BEAUTY BARGAIN! Bubzbeauty got me here, after watching her YouTube videos on the skin benefits of oatmeal, I was completely intrigued and sucked in. Oatmeal isn't just good for your tummy, it's actually super effective and good on your skin, it's relieves and soothes any skin irritations, dryness, redness and is anti-inflammatory, it also help protect skin from free radicals. Perfect for people who suffers from skin irritations and common cases of eczema like me. HOWEVER, don't get to excited my sensitive/eczema skin gals, don't be mislead, on the ingredient list on the back of the bottle, oatmeal extracts only kick in after 8 other ingredient like mineral oil and Butyrospermum Parkii (shea) Butter, this product is not completely all natural as it advertise to be. This body lotion is not a miracle worker but it does what it does, soothes and hydrate skin. I purchased the 621ml/ 20.99 fl.ounce bottle and it lasted me for 3 monthly, I just it on a daily basis, right after every shower to achieve the maximum effect of the moisturizer. The consistency is light not liquidy and is quick absorbent and non sticky. This moisturizer helped my skin get through the autumn and spring season, however, during the colder season, I don't find it moisturizing or nourishing enough. So here's a trick that probably anyone can think up, just a few drops of extra virgin olive oil and bonjour soft, silky legs.

Fragrance:
A light shea butter scent, but I didn't really pick up any oatmeal scent in my bottle. It's definetly a light scent, so it doesn't linger on to your skin or clothes.

Price: AUD$8.99 at my local Priceline store in Australia. That's pretty damn cheap here at Australia and the price gets better when it's on sale.
Would I repurchase: Yes!

on 6/1/2013 7:36:00 PM

I bought this b/c it was on sale and I couldn't find my favorite Curel lotion. On sale it was less than half the price of Curel and I guess I was just trying to save a few dollars. I got about 21oz for about $3. It's just an ok lotion. Smell is ok but I prefer fragrance free. It moisturizes but doesn't seem to actually help my skin feel better. My son has KP (keratosis Pilaris) and the Curel itchy skin relief lotion with the eczema seal of approval stamped on it actually helped his bumps and his skin stayed soft for 24 hours. This stuff is ok doesn't moisturize all day but I will finish the bottle. Good if you just need a basic moisturizer but I'm not crazy about and will not repurchase.

on 5/14/2013 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love love love this body lotion! When my skin gets dry, it usually gets uncomfortably itchy as well. After applying this lotion, it instantly has a cooling sensation that eases the itchy-ness of my skin. I love how it instantly absorbs into the skin so it doesn't feel overly greasy. It also smells really great! Not too girly ... like flowers or fruits.. so my boyfriend loves using it too! I've been trying to use natural products lately and just stay away from things that can be harmful for my body along the line and this lotion is 100% and paraben free! Price is also super affordable ... I love everything about this product and will continue to repurchase over and over!

on 5/7/2013 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Smells good, moisturizes without feeling greasy, absorbs quickly, and is pretty dang cheap. What else can you ask for? Oh, a pump? Yeah, it has that too.

on 4/29/2013 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This isn't a bad lotion, but unfortunately I have to give it a big, fat thumbs down. When I first apply this lotion it smells fine. It has a light Shea smell, nothing overpowering, but after a few hours my body chemistry just makes it smell foul! I've never had this issue with any other Shea-scented body product before. Other than that, moisturizing power is moderate, price-point is good, and dispenser is good. I just can't stand the smell so much so that I probably will chuck this bottle.

on 4/21/2013 4:26:00 PM

An excellent quality, low cost body moisturiser. I have dry, sensitive skin and this lotion is very effective at keeping me hydrated all day without causing any annoying little pimples! I've been using it for around 6 months now and will continue to repurchase.

on 4/19/2013 9:06:00 PM

I needed a quick fix and that's what I got. It was on sale so I got it and it was ok... The package broke almost immediately after I bought it. It smells good and works on sensitive skin. In short if u need something quick this is good but it's not my face :/

on 3/26/2013 7:35:00 PM

I love this is makes my skin feeling soft in seconds. I'm not very fond of the smell it smells nice overall but has a weird after scent, I guess you would say. Overall best lotion i've ever used so far. And the commercial is very catchy! Haha

on 3/20/2013 10:33:00 PM

After my failed attempts in trying to find a decent body lotion from Bath and Body Works(Silly me!), I decided to retreat to a Target to find the lotion that fit my budget, moisturized my skin, and smelled decent.

I spent twenty minutes smelling various lotions in the aisle and nothing looked promising. Then I spotted one lonely bottle of this lotion sitting on a bottom shelf pushed toward the back.
It was a 21 oz. bottle with a pump for less than four dollars, which was the best price I could have paid for a lotion.
I smelled it, decided it was alright, and went ahead and bought it.

I went home, showered, and tried out my new treat.
And what a treat it was!

The pump is very convenient and hygenic. I need a few pumps to cover all of me but there is enough that that is no problem.
The smell is very mild and is a very light coconut scent. It lingers on the skin but doesn't cover up any other scents you may apply.
I was only looking for a daily moisturizing lotion that didn't feel tacky on the skin and absorbed quickly; this met both criteria.

I'll post a follow-up later about how this is performing but I like my initial impression.

on 3/10/2013 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My HG lotion especially during the winter. The moisture lasts all day without it getting greasy or heavy on the skin. I purchased this at Walgreens for $5.25. It's affordable and you get a lot. I mean A LOT; 21.0 f oz. You can probably get this at Target or Walmart for an even cheaper price. It comes in a bottle that you can pump which I appreciate especially I can be such a germaphobe.

The smell is not too strong. I actually like how it smells. I don't use this on my face, only usually on my arms and legs. Overall it's a must buy. I would definitely recommend you give this lotion a try.