St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea butter

4.4

Aqua, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Soybean Oil, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Urea, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Avena Sativa (Oat) Meal Extract, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Carbomer, Parfum, Triethanolamine, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Cetearyl Glucoside, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Caramel, Red 33, Yellow 5, Yellow 6.

on 6/1/2013 7:36:00 PM

I bought this b/c it was on sale and I couldn't find my favorite Curel lotion. On sale it was less than half the price of Curel and I guess I was just trying to save a few dollars. I got about 21oz for about $3. It's just an ok lotion. Smell is ok but I prefer fragrance free. It moisturizes but doesn't seem to actually help my skin feel better. My son has KP (keratosis Pilaris) and the Curel itchy skin relief lotion with the eczema seal of approval stamped on it actually helped his bumps and his skin stayed soft for 24 hours. This stuff is ok doesn't moisturize all day but I will finish the bottle. Good if you just need a basic moisturizer but I'm not crazy about and will not repurchase.

on 5/14/2013 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love love love this body lotion! When my skin gets dry, it usually gets uncomfortably itchy as well. After applying this lotion, it instantly has a cooling sensation that eases the itchy-ness of my skin. I love how it instantly absorbs into the skin so it doesn't feel overly greasy. It also smells really great! Not too girly ... like flowers or fruits.. so my boyfriend loves using it too! I've been trying to use natural products lately and just stay away from things that can be harmful for my body along the line and this lotion is 100% and paraben free! Price is also super affordable ... I love everything about this product and will continue to repurchase over and over!

on 5/7/2013 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Smells good, moisturizes without feeling greasy, absorbs quickly, and is pretty dang cheap. What else can you ask for? Oh, a pump? Yeah, it has that too.

on 4/29/2013 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This isn't a bad lotion, but unfortunately I have to give it a big, fat thumbs down. When I first apply this lotion it smells fine. It has a light Shea smell, nothing overpowering, but after a few hours my body chemistry just makes it smell foul! I've never had this issue with any other Shea-scented body product before. Other than that, moisturizing power is moderate, price-point is good, and dispenser is good. I just can't stand the smell so much so that I probably will chuck this bottle.

on 4/21/2013 4:26:00 PM

An excellent quality, low cost body moisturiser. I have dry, sensitive skin and this lotion is very effective at keeping me hydrated all day without causing any annoying little pimples! I've been using it for around 6 months now and will continue to repurchase.

on 4/19/2013 9:06:00 PM

I needed a quick fix and that's what I got. It was on sale so I got it and it was ok... The package broke almost immediately after I bought it. It smells good and works on sensitive skin. In short if u need something quick this is good but it's not my face :/

on 3/26/2013 7:35:00 PM

I love this is makes my skin feeling soft in seconds. I'm not very fond of the smell it smells nice overall but has a weird after scent, I guess you would say. Overall best lotion i've ever used so far. And the commercial is very catchy! Haha

on 3/20/2013 10:33:00 PM

After my failed attempts in trying to find a decent body lotion from Bath and Body Works(Silly me!), I decided to retreat to a Target to find the lotion that fit my budget, moisturized my skin, and smelled decent.

I spent twenty minutes smelling various lotions in the aisle and nothing looked promising. Then I spotted one lonely bottle of this lotion sitting on a bottom shelf pushed toward the back.
It was a 21 oz. bottle with a pump for less than four dollars, which was the best price I could have paid for a lotion.
I smelled it, decided it was alright, and went ahead and bought it.

I went home, showered, and tried out my new treat.
And what a treat it was!

The pump is very convenient and hygenic. I need a few pumps to cover all of me but there is enough that that is no problem.
The smell is very mild and is a very light coconut scent. It lingers on the skin but doesn't cover up any other scents you may apply.
I was only looking for a daily moisturizing lotion that didn't feel tacky on the skin and absorbed quickly; this met both criteria.

I'll post a follow-up later about how this is performing but I like my initial impression.

on 3/10/2013 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My HG lotion especially during the winter. The moisture lasts all day without it getting greasy or heavy on the skin. I purchased this at Walgreens for $5.25. It's affordable and you get a lot. I mean A LOT; 21.0 f oz. You can probably get this at Target or Walmart for an even cheaper price. It comes in a bottle that you can pump which I appreciate especially I can be such a germaphobe.

The smell is not too strong. I actually like how it smells. I don't use this on my face, only usually on my arms and legs. Overall it's a must buy. I would definitely recommend you give this lotion a try.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

St. Ives Natural Soothing Oatmeal&Shea Butter Body Lotion will "wrap your skin in soothing hydration with this award winning lotion. Natural ingredients help deliver long lasting relief from itchy, dry skin. This formula, with oatmeal and natural rich shea butter, nourishes and intensely hydrates the skin for immediate relief while it works to restore your skin back to health." St. Ives says that this lotion is dermatologist tested, safe for sensitive skin, vegan friendly, and paraben and phthalate free. I received two huge 21fl oz (621ml) bottles of this lotion from Free Beauty Events. This lotion retails for between $5-6, a fair price for such a large amount of product. St. Ives does not test on animals, but they are owned by a parent company that does (Unilever). This body lotion was made in America.
St. Ives Oatmeal&Shea Butter Lotion comes in a recyclable, opaque, white bottle topped off by an orange cap with a white pump. I'm not particularly fond of the pump, it tends to get stuck and clog. The label is quite appealing, it features the St. Ives logo, the product name, and images of oats and cubes of solid shea butter. Turn the bottle around and you'll find a product description, the St. Ives ~philosophy~, a full ingredient list, and more. I love brands that include lots of information on their packaging. Good job St. Ives, just work on that pump.
St. Ives Naturally Soothing Oatmeal&Shea Butter is a thick, creamy, white lotion. Despite it's thickness, it absorbs quite quickly, but can be kinda stubborn to smooth over the skin. I feel like I use a lot of lotion with each application (ex: 3 pumps per leg), but I don't seem to go through a bottle very quickly. St. Ives promises intense moisture and it really delivers. This lotion leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth, and sufficiently hydrated without a hint of greasiness. The moisture lasts a full 24 hours. I barely even feel the need to reapply it to my hands more than twice a day, which is pretty impressive. St. Ives Oatmeal&Shea Butter lotion has a soft, generic, lotiony scent that may stem from the shea butter, I'm not sure.
There isn't a whole lot to say about St. Ives Naturally Soothing Oatmeal&Shea Butter Body Lotion. It's great, very moisturizing with a light scent. It's not really a product to get excited about though, it's a basic lotion that gets the job done well. The value is phenomenal, the high point of the product in my opinion. You get enough lotion to last you months for just a few bucks. If you're on the market for a super moisturizing, super affordable, fairly natural body lotion, I recommend any of St. Ives lotions, I trust and recommend this brand as a whole.