July 31, 2014 | 1838 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in Black

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2011 4:56:00 AM More reviews by Yoora

I dislike this product. I used the Blacktrack from Mac's Fluidline collection first so I guess I had 'higher standards.' THis was cheaper so I thought I'd give it a go. The formula was just..I don't know awful? THe brush itself was horrible. I mean it was so harsh on my eyes the first few times. (I only had one eyeliner brush and it was my sister's so when this came with the package I didn't want to mix the formulas together.)

I forgot why I disliked it, I think it was because it just wasn't as pigmented as the black Track and it dried out way to quickly. Generous amount of make up though!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by 1122135

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The brush it comes with is very rough and doesn't catch the eyeliner very well. The first couple of weeks of having this eyeliner it is smooth and the color is strong. However, out of nowhere it just dies. It shrivels up and becomes crusty and grainy.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by GlaMourFloWer

I really like this because of how smooth and dark it is, it just doesn't stay on I have raccoon eyes in a few hours. The brush it comes with is a waste of material because its very hard and scratches your eye so I used a different brush. It was a waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by NerdyGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought this product because I felt i'd be saving a few bucks over MAC or BB. The formula is alright, the staying power is pretty good... it didn't dry out quickly for me storing it upside down. However.. it is pricey for a drugstore product and feel that at this product's price, unless you can grab it on sale, spend the extra few dollars for MAC or splurge on BB.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 1:20:00 PM More reviews by makeupwoot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Let me state up front, that I have never cared for cream eye liners. The first one I ever tried was a Smashbox sample that didn't work well for me. It faded out about hours into the day and rubbed off. I also tried one from the Sephora brand which was nice but didn't have much staying power through the day as my eyes tend to water occasionally and my inner corner lid area would always get rid of any liner whether it was liquid, pencil, even MAC fluid line didn't last a full 8 hours from start to finish on those pesky inner corners, and I LOVE fluid line!

So then one day I was roaming Youtube and a guru was reviewing these liners which had just come out. Having had underwhelming experiences with the H.I.P. line already, I laughed when she compared it to fluid line and promptly dismissed her opinion!

I shouldn't have.

I picked this liner up with a gift card, thinking that I'd give it a try and if I hated it, I'd return it for something else. I got it home, opened the package and promptly tossed the angle brush that it come with into the "Drawer of Things I Never Use," and swirled my Sonia Kashuk angled liner brush into the pot. I was pleased with the smooth consistency that didn't cling to the brush like the Smashbox had even after I tapped off the excess on the jar rim. And I was shocked at how smooth and evenly it applied on my lid, every bit as well as my fluid line does, not even giving me any difficulty with the small "wing" I do for my office look.

So in the morning, I did my usual makeup routine and applied the liner on both lids, to see how it would hold up to a busy Monday at work. I was surprised to see that the inner corners were still holding strong at lunch time and that they had only begun to blur by the time I took my final break, 6 1/2 hours after I originally applied it. At the end of my shift when I was in my car and checked my eyes in the rear-view, I could not believe that it was still there. 9 hours later and, while certainly not the most fresh, it was certainly better than anything I've tried before.

I did the same routine today and the photo of my eyes is one I just took, TEN HOURS AFTER INITIAL APPLICATION.

While not as deeply pigmented as MAC fluid line, and it certainly doesn't come in as many colors as MAC does, if you're on a budget and looking for a good eyeliner that goes on like a liquid and wears like a tailored suit, L'Oreal H.I.P Color Truth Cream Liner could very well be the choice for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by ash10twenty

as an eyeliner, in comparison with gel liners and mac and stila paint pots, this product does not work well.however, it works well as an eyeshadow base. it has good stay power. use your finger to apply this as a base and it is beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by jess517

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this eyeliner!! It's veryy dark, easy to apply and lasts all day long!! I'm able to use it on my top lid and bottom waterline, which makes my eyes look amazing. The cream texture is perfect for the little brush that comes with it, because as I said, it makes it very easy to apply, it glides on so smoothly. My only complaint is the price. It's about $12, which is a little expensive in my opinion since it's a drugstore eyeliner. But, for being such a small container, it goes a long way and lasts quite a while. I'd definitely recommend it if you like cream eyeliner:)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I really like the color of this product. It's a nice dark matte black. It wears well, but it does fade a bit. About 12 hours after applying it, I noticed some loss of color. I also noticed some transfer to the upper part of my lids.

I didn't even bother to try and use the brush that comes with it. I used a MAC angle brush instead. Personally, I think that should sell the product without the cheap brush and lower the price by $1.

This product is expensive for a drugstore brand, but honestly I've found that a lot of drugstore makeup seems to be pricey. The good thing about drugstore makeup is that most of the popular brands (L'oreal, Cover Girl, Revlon, Maybelline, Physician's Formula, and Almay) go on sale quite frequently. In fact, most weeks at least two of them seem to be on sale. Although this retails for $12, I got it for $8.50. Not too bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by LaFemmNoir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not excellent, but fabulous in many regards. This was my first creme liner (I didn't want to spend a lot on something I was unsure about applying). It applies smooth and opaque, so it is a shame it dried up so relatively quickly. I still have so much left :( Still, if you can get it on sale or have a coupon, it is a great entry into the world of creme liners.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by AmyRuth23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Really nice product. I bought one black one, and ran out so I bought it again and also got the plum. I didn't use the plum much so I swapped it, but the black is amazing.
It's so creamy and smooth. I love to do my winged liner with it! It lasts a long time, and I am halfway through my second one. This is the only cream liner I have used, but I do recommend it!