July 23, 2014 | 1276 users online

Scrubs - The Body Shop - Vitamin C Micro Refiner

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by canadiangirl7861

amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! best scrub ever, makes skin feel soft all week

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by oyano

I needed a new exfoliator and just started using this for a few days. I've got to say that i really like it so far! A little does a lot. At first I was hesitant because of the priciness of this, but it does do a good job in cleaning my face. I like to mix this with my fave cleansing product, and i have to say my face feels so soft and clean after doing so! The sales suggested I use this twice a week, but I have oily skin, so I usually use it on a daily basis, again using a little bit mixed with my regular cleansar, and i'm happy to say that it hasn't dried my skin at all!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2010 5:31:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

I bought this a while back, looking to brighten my skin. The young man who sold it to me said " I use it " and he had really great skin. I got it home and tried it. I was underwhelmed. Even as *just an exfoliator it sucks, as for microdermabrasion cream....I don't think so, Jack. What's more, the cream base made me break out so bad!!! Six months later its still sitting in my shower and no doubt mildewy now. I use it to scrub my legs and feet. Do not waste your money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 3:23:00 AM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Holy crumbs batman! This stuff is amazing!
I picked up a sample over the weekend and tried it in the shower tonight - brilliant stuff, love the scent, love the soft polished feeling that it gave me. Plus it didn't upset my dry/sensitive/eczema prone skin. The tiny pot that I got given will last me at least four goes so def a little goes a long way (and will tide me over until I get to TBS to purchase full size).
As the people below me said the grains are very fine but I really like that about it - I've been told the huge granule type exfoliators can damage your skin as they can scratch it.

Very very happy - looks like it will be my new HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2009 8:29:00 PM More reviews by superkathy

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This scrub is gentle and I use it twice a day, because I had way too many face wash and wanted to get rid of them one by one by using them. At first I thought it would be too much using it twice, as it is an exfoliate. It's been 2 months, and I def feel that it is gentle enough to use. I have normal skin and it does not over dry. I like to vitamin C feel, the smooth, primer-like, if you've used the Body Shop's Vitamin C product, you will notice that they all have that texture. It smells good, and a little goes a long way. It removes makeup as well. The exfoliating beads do not do much, but again if I use it daily then I only need a little bit of its work each time. Would buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2009 6:59:00 AM More reviews by carllin87

Wonderful wonderful scrub. It comes out almost creamy like... with tiny tiny beads.

I've only used this a few times as I've just bought my first tube... first impression, wonderful. It's not too harsh, yet feels like all the dried up skin and bumpy bits are being scrubbed away.

It smells great too, very refreshing citrusy fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2009 8:35:00 AM More reviews by nelson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Awesome micro exfoliator. Honestly, i don't know how anyone can go back to big, scratchy granual type exfoliatiors after using micro-dermabrasion type products. Let me first declare that i have always been completely mentally allergic to any cosmetic that sounds high-tech, anti-aging or affiliated with cosmetic surgery, does anyone else read the words "micro-dermabrasion" and shudder? I got on to this product by accident after a friend urged me to try Mary Kay's version of this (sorry i forgot the name) which is also great. I'm heading towards 30 and find that my skin is getting more and more touchy, i find if i have a pimple and squeeze it my face is much more prone to scarring than it ever was. If i use a harsh exfoliator i'm always afraid of disturbing my skin too much and exacerbating the problem. This product is fantastic, it gets rid of all the flakies but the micro-granules seem to softly "polish" my skin rather pull and scratch. If you haven't tried a product like this before this one is a good place to start and the orange fragrance is lovely especially in the morning. Also, don't be put off by the small tube as it is very concentrated, in fact i usually mix it with whatevever cleanser i'm using to speed things up. Will buy again and again and again!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by xLaRae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really really really wanted to luv this scub. First off the exfoliating particles(or whatever they're called) are way too small to really exfoliate your skin. When you use a good scrub, afterwards your skin should be smooth and soft, not with this. It works the same way a cleanser does in my case and you could buy a better scrub at a cheaper price(was $25+tax).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2009 5:10:00 AM More reviews by ksychan

A bit steep for a facial scrub but my HG scrub anyway. I love how the constituency is so smooth and gentle for a scrub yet does its work so efficiently. Love how it leaves face feeling so clean, smooth and radiant.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by cocoacloud

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is amazing. I've been deciding whether or not to buy it for quite a while because of it's price, but honestly it leaves your skin feeling amazing! I've only used it once, so I can't say that it made my milia disappear (yet) but I can safely say that it has made it smoother and my cheeks are so soft and rosy!
29/04/09
After using this for a while, I discovered that it is very good for opening up pores. After I scrub my face with this in the shower, I follow up by using a cleansing foam and my pores are squeaky clean! As for the milia I have - I think a small amount has disappeared but I'm not quite certain yet as I haven't been using this every day.