Lemon Juice

Price: $

Price: $

5% to 6% (approximately 0.3 M) citric acid, Vitamin C, pH 2 to 3

on 12/7/2013 1:58:00 AM

Lemon!!! I just rub a half or a slice of pure lemon on my face, wait 15 mins, wash it off and its the best cleanser/toner ever! Pores shrink visibly, tightens my whole face, rids of grease but you NEED to moisturise a lot with a nice moisturiser (olay for example) SPF 15+ at least to go out in sun...I do it about twice/thrice a week and it makes such a difference! Love lemon, I wish I had done this when I was younger! :-D

on 11/6/2013 5:09:00 AM

so i have been trying out using lemon juice as a toner since i chanced upon the reviews for lemon juice on MUA

at first i tried mixing lemon juice with my sephora toner (containing witch hazel). it was about 70% toner and 30% lemon juice. tried it cause i didnt want it to be too harsh on my skin. but turns out it did absolutely nothing for me.

after awhile i tried using pure lemon juice since i figured out what the heck i'll just put the real thing on my face. read some reviews where they cut half a lemon and rub it on their face.
IMO thats a total waste of lemons and money. what i do is i cut them into half and store it. every night i will cut a thin slice off and store the rest in the fridge.

i'll squeeze that slice into a cotton pad and rub it all over my face. in fact that 5-10 drops of juice is more than enough for my whole face (you dont wanna put too much anyways)

remember to only use it at night!! also my nose got a bit dry after 2-3 nights of using it. so i might try alternate nights of putting pure lemon juice then my toner w the lemon juice in it.

my face feels smoother the next morning and my pores seem a tad bit smaller and it is much less oilier when i wake up!

i'll edit this if i realize it stops working/my face gets worse. meanwhile, enjoy the juice!!

also, i need to add that im using pure juice and leaving it overnight only because my skin is relatively tough after all the treatments i put it through (BP, topical creams, roaccutane, etc). if your skin is sensitive PLEASE dilute it or use my toner method.

on 11/3/2013 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Really, how can you not love lemon!!!

I mix it in my water every morning and it is so so refreshing and cleanses your body. A little lemon and cucumber in an ice water jug keeps my body clean and detoxed all day!!

on 9/29/2013 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using lemon juice all over my face for like 4 days straight now and let me tell you, it's my HG treatment for my acne-prone skin now! :D All I did is slicing a lemon into a thin slice, squeeze it into a glass and then rub the slice directly on my face gently, so the texture of the surface of the lemon will act like a natural scrub for me. Leave it for like 5-15 mins (depends on my schedule) and after that, just rinse the face with tepid water. As for the remaining juice (the one that I have squeezed into the glass), I'll just mix it with my green tea as a detox for my skin. I have done this everyday straight and I can see that my skin is glowing! In fact, there is this huge pimple on my right cheek here, and I just take a Q-tip dip it into the lemon slice so that it absorbs the juice a bit, and then I just dab it onto the pimple and just leave it overnight. And guess what, the next day my pimple shrinks by itself!

Fyi, lemon juice is just too acidic to be left on the WHOLE face overnight. On the pimple yes but not on the whole face. It might trigger the skin. So, if you still want to do that, I suggest you to spray on rose water to stabilize the pH of your skin after you have rinsed the lemon juice on your face. :)

on 9/25/2013 11:42:00 PM

I like to add lemon juice in to my homemade face masks. It brightens my skin and helps to fade any old acne scars on my face. It doesn't break me out but can dry out the skin a bit if I use too much. All natural and fades acne scars, that's fantastic. If you use this try to stay out of the sun or use it at night.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love everything about what it can do internally and externally! Lemons are brilliant!

on 9/11/2013 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I had clear skin before trying this. I am not prone to acne. After one application, everywhere I applied the lemon juice I had tiny, itchy bumps! Make sure you do a test patch on your skin before you try this all over your face.

on 8/22/2013 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Since I have acne prone skin I use two scrubs specifically for that problem. I use a baking soda one and a egg white lemon mask. Using lemon alone (without diluting it) is DANGEROUS. Lemon is high in acidity and can cause irritation and darker skin if not used with a liberal sunscreen. I suggest mixing it to make a face mask or diluting it with water (still use sunscreen after!).

on 8/12/2013 6:06:00 PM

Count me in. This stopped my cystic acne in it's tracks. Very very few pimples, like one every couple months now instead of 2 a day. I can eat chocolate, I can eat desserts all I want. I don't leave it on. I put a half a lemon's juice on my cheeks, then immediately wash off with my cleansing routine. i can't stand the stinging and having it on. It does it's job without having to leave it on. Fades away all kinds of scars and dark spots.

on 8/11/2013 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I would have never thought this actually works. It helps clean out my pores and it gets rid of my black heads. My method is squeezing lemon juice on a cup and with my clean fingertips I apply it on my face. Yes there is a tremendous itching sensation but it fades within a minute. I leave it on all night and when I wake up I wash my face in the morning and I wake up with super clean glowing skin. I do not have sensitive skin and my face is very oily an I wear SPF every day so I'm not sure if this will work on people with dry/sensitive skin but its worth a try.

Popular Treatments (Face)