December 21, 2014 | 1818 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Impeccablebliss

I love everything about what it can do internally and externally! Lemons are brilliant!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by emaj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had clear skin before trying this. I am not prone to acne. After one application, everywhere I applied the lemon juice I had tiny, itchy bumps! Make sure you do a test patch on your skin before you try this all over your face.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by TayGraham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since I have acne prone skin I use two scrubs specifically for that problem. I use a baking soda one and a egg white lemon mask. Using lemon alone (without diluting it) is DANGEROUS. Lemon is high in acidity and can cause irritation and darker skin if not used with a liberal sunscreen. I suggest mixing it to make a face mask or diluting it with water (still use sunscreen after!).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Arpita1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Count me in. This stopped my cystic acne in it's tracks. Very very few pimples, like one every couple months now instead of 2 a day. I can eat chocolate, I can eat desserts all I want. I don't leave it on. I put a half a lemon's juice on my cheeks, then immediately wash off with my cleansing routine. i can't stand the stinging and having it on. It does it's job without having to leave it on. Fades away all kinds of scars and dark spots.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would have never thought this actually works. It helps clean out my pores and it gets rid of my black heads. My method is squeezing lemon juice on a cup and with my clean fingertips I apply it on my face. Yes there is a tremendous itching sensation but it fades within a minute. I leave it on all night and when I wake up I wash my face in the morning and I wake up with super clean glowing skin. I do not have sensitive skin and my face is very oily an I wear SPF every day so I'm not sure if this will work on people with dry/sensitive skin but its worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by MrsRoss23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I haven't used lemon juice for awhile, tear tear :,( lol. I'm pregnant and I have sensitive skin when I'm pregnant. That being said it is definitely jot good for sensitive skin. You can still be apart of the lemon-y fun, but DILUTE it with water. I'm just gonna say how I find it most effective.. Ok, I take a lemon, cut it in half and squeeze the juice into a clean bowl (even seeds). I get cotton balls and soak a couple in the juice, then squeeze them out a bit, but not too much. Then, I take the cotton balls and just set them on places that I have break-outs or hyper pigmentation problems left over from acne. I lay down and just leave them on. Read a book, or just enjoy the silence, or listen to music. It might sting a little.. Depending in your pain tolerance. The tingling just makes me believe its working, lol. Then I leave them on a total of a bout 20 minutes... Then take some more cotton balls that are soaked in the juice and apply them again for another 30 minutes. ( if you have a large area of problem areas, use cotton rounds) then once the 2nd round of 30 minutes is up I take a cotton ball soaked in juice and rub (gently) on my face.. When it is applied like this and rubbed abrasively it's similar to a light chemical peel. So anyway, I rub gently and let if dry.. Then soak another cotton ball and keep repeating this until my face is sensitive and feels like its too hot. Then rinse with warm water and wash with a light of gentle face wash. I then apply extra virgin olive oil to my face. ( it won't break you out, I promise) I did this every night for 4 days and by the time my vacation time was over and returned to work I was getting compliments and saw a major reduction in my hyper pigmentation and blemishes. Have fun& know your limit! Good luck everyone.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by saramason111

A word of warning to anyone using lemon juice (or any type of citrus fruit) to fade acne scars and freckles: if you don't slather SPF 30+ on your face in conjunction with a wide brim hat, sunglasses, and add in an umbrella while you're at it -- it will come back to haunt you, but worse.

I used my own lemon and sugar scrub and/or lemon juice toner last January-September 2012 (initially loving the bleached effect but....), by the end of October, I had two new age spots and my freckles had actually darkened SIGNIFICANTLY. I had gone to the lake a number of times and wore SPF and a hat but it wasn't enough. If you use lemon juice on your skin, you might as well be vampire and never go out into the sun.

Citrus fruits juices and oils are PHOTOTOXIC -- meaning that they make the skin much, much more sensitive to the sun, even attracting sunlight to the skin and darkening it as well as darkening pre-existing spots (this creeps up on you -- first, your spots will fade and you'll be all happy, but if you end up driving with sun exposure or even sitting by a window a few hours or going to the pool, you'll slowly see things darkening before you know it). Even if you don't have it on your skin during the day, its residual effect lasts in the skin up to 12 hours, so you still need to use caution out in the sun.

This is information that I obtained from a Naturopath Doctor who was aghast that I had used lemon juice.

If you want to fade spots, try turmeric (tons of reviews on MU) -- it's not PHOTOTOXIC!!!

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 5:12:00 AM More reviews by srao92

Brilliant for acne scars IMO. I've been using clearsil and this expensive microdermabrasion treatment and neither have worked as superbly as this little devil.

My action plan:
-Take an ice cube and rub over areas needing to be treated.
-I squeeze around a quarter of a lemon into a bowl and apply without dilution. Use more or less depending on how large the area needing to be treated is.
-Take the squeezed out peel with the leftover bits and rub directly onto skin. This part is a bit messy but if you do it at night you'll be sweet come morning time as it rubs off.

I'd advise people who have sensitive skin to spot test for around two weeks. Yes ladies, I know you want instant results but this stuff can be quite harsh on some skin types and can destroy your skin, so it's worth the wait. Saying this, I did find it broke me out a little initially, but my skin recovered and I'm seeing major improvements at a much quicker rate than normal.

Note: I have not seen any changes to my actual acne, just the scars

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2013 6:27:00 AM More reviews by 4zr4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I read sooo many reviews and watched sooo many videos before applying lemon juice on my skin and all of them were just about the benefits considering you want to brighten up your skin tone and fade acne scars/blemishes. I was really excited and thought I found my always available and cheap home remedy, so I can immediately go ahead and try it. And... I did. Big mistake. At first it was kinda ok. I was optimistic about it all and was ''ignoring'' that little spots and stinging after applying it. It was like a placebo really. I thought to myself who would pay min. 50 dollars for a good serum when you could just buy a lemon, haha. Aaaand then... after about 2 weeks of applying lemon juice on my face every night and sometimes morning too when I didn't have to go out, I broke out TERRIBLY. I'm still recovering from the break out and it happened three week ago. The saddest thing about it is that I had got rid of my acne before that and all I was left with was that hyperpigmentation. Great job. Made it even worse now.
However, I may have overused it. I didin't mix it with water or anything else, but neither did my skin feel dry after that 2 weeks. Every skin is different, so if you really want to try it, go for it, there are a lot of reviews saying it helped, but I wouldn't advise it. It's better to save some money for a good quality serum and not to mess with your skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by SkinMasquerade

during the winter my hair darkens and in the summer the sun bleaches, and well I was in the middle of winter at the time and wanted light hair. I read online that lemons were one of the natural methods to bleach you hair. so I mixed 1/4 lemon juice, 3/4 water together. I was using it twice a day for a week, and let me say all it did was give my hair a red tint, and make it all dry underneath, near my bottom hairline. till this day my hair still has a red tint(any tips how to get it out?) and the hair underneath near my bottom hair line is still dry.
*I guess this is more for blondes when it comes to hair lighten, and when making the mixture be sure to add conditioner so u don't make the same mistake as I did on over drying my hair:)

EDIT!: lol opps I didn't realize when it said lemons it was talking about skin treatment, but I still would recommend it on the skin because it probably would be to harsh, if your looking to even out your skin tone try DIY vitamin c crystal serum