November 28, 2014 | 1710 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Natural Reflection Finishing Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2008 8:51:00 AM More reviews by kaiyacarrier

I really liked the idea of powder that protects your skin from the sun, but I just couldn't find a colour in their line up that suited me. All the ones that were in my shade range were just too pink-ish for me. And used on top of their mineral powder foundations it just looked too cakey and powdery.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2008 9:15:00 PM More reviews by FlowerPunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lovvvvvve this finishing powder. I like that it has natural sunscreens in it, and I really feel like it's another thing that I use that's protecting my face. I personally use it mostly over tinted moisturizer to 'set' it, but sometimes I'll use it just on its own without any foundation underneath. It's translucent so won't change the color of your foundation. It applies very sheerly, so there's no cakiness (though a lot of powder floating around after you swirl your brush).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2008 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the idea of having a finishing powder with adequate sun protection. I loathe sunscreen, but feel it's a must, so I was hoping this would replace messy creams. The texture of it is thicker than other EM powders. I normally use Start-to-Finish and it's much lighter and translucent. I have this one in "Fair" and it is a pale neutral with a bit of a pink hue. It's actually NOT a translucent powder. My foundation (I wear EM Sandy Fair) and face are lighter than this product and it makes my face a bit darker than I'd like. I would repurchase if they made a lighter shade for us girls with ghastly white skin. Minus 1 lippy for color selection.

EDIT: E-mailed EDM to ask if they would consider making a liighter shade of this for porcelain complexions and they wrote back saying they were discontinuing this powder. =( On a lighter note, they did say they would definitely keep a lighter tone in mind when the new ones are formulated! Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2008 7:24:00 PM More reviews by jenaht

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The Natural Reflections powders really are fantastic. They are creamy and light at the same time for application. They do not change the color of makeup that is on your face. At least not for me. I use the NR Light shade. Keep in mind that these powders are not meant to be used for oil-control.

They are meant to finish off your makeup application and, more importantly, help provide more sun protection. And I truly believe they do work. There isn't any specific SPF number involved - but I can tell you that I've worn this over my makeup on my face, as well as dusted my neck/chest and arms on days when I knew I was going to be out in the sun for long periods. And I didn't get sunburnt. But also, I do wear this powder every day just as additional sun protection over my entire application of makeup. It adds a nice touch and makes me feel good about the sun.

EM truly does have some superior face products. Their Sunlight Finishing Dust, their foundations, their blushes/face colors, and this product are top notch. So worth your time and at a great financial value.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2008 10:31:00 PM More reviews by LowSelfEsteem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I don't even remember purchasing this product (a sample pot to begin with which I went through in just over one week) or why but I am so glad I did! HG stuff and I've already ordered a large jar. I apply fairly generously but you can't see it on. Great :)

This is essentially translucent and imparts only a very very minimal touch of colour; for me it's just enough to settle the redness in my cheeks and nose area (without the need to use concealer). It's so hard to describe the effect it gives my skin but I guess I'd say it looks polished, semi matte-to-dewy, radiant, glowy. I love it and the fact that it offers some sun protection is a bonus. I have used PTR Instant Mineral in the past and this is *so* much better . Makes my skin silky smooth to touch and no chalky appearance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2008 7:55:00 PM More reviews by zoey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily, acne prone skin. I normally use either Silk Dust or Start to Finish or Finishing Dust as my finishing powder, as they all work much better to mattify my face & control the oil. However, I do use Natural Reflection mainly as a sunscreen. Here are my reviews for my EM Light Olive toned skin:

NR Fair: Even though this is lighter than my skintone, I can still get away with using it because it appears translucent on me.

NR Light: Same review as NR Fair.

NR Medium Bronzer: This is a beige color that actually has pink tones to it, so I really can't wear it alone on my Light Olive skin. But blended with NR Golden Tan and/or Fair and/or Light, it works just fine. But I won't be repurchasing this color again because I can't wear it alone & while the mixing makes it more wearable, it's still not a very desirable color for my skintone.

NR Golden Tan: I expected this to be darker than it appeared on their website, but it isn't. I actually has an almost greyish cast to it, which means I can't wear it alone on my Light Olive skin. I'll mix it with NR Medium bronzer and/or Fair and/or Light & it works well. But I won't be repurchasing this color again because I can't wear it alone & while the mixing makes it more wearable, it's still not a very desirable color for my skintone.

I will probably stick with NR Light as my best match so far. But I'd like to try NR Summer Bronze & mix it with the Fair or Light.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by laurelita

This isn't mineral veil, but it's still a favorite finishing powder of mine. I love the SPF in it. I love how it sets my makeup and keeps my makeup on my face despite Houston humid conditions. I'm a big fan of EM and when they have deals, it's well worth it to stock up. 12 items for $50 is a pretty good deal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2008 8:03:00 PM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow. This is def. HG material! I got this as part of a set, and I didn't even try it for a long time since most finishing powders don't do diddly squat for me except for add an extra step in my routine. I'm on Accutane right now, and my face that was once a 24/7 oil slick is right now pretty much normal. I started using liquid foundation again too (applied with my Sonia Kashuk Beauty Blender dupe sponge, another new HG! Seriously it has given new life to foundations that I once wrote off as just ok.) and I was playing around with my different loose powders seeing which one worked the best. I tried this baby out and was blown away. It makes your skin look so luminous! You know how BE says that "candle lit" look? Just like that, but without the weird pearly shine that BE has. I must say though I don't think this would work for oily skinned gals, it may be a bit too much highlight.

****EDIT**** This smells really gross. I thought it was my kabuki, but I gave the container a sniff and it stinks! Like mildew or something. Did mine go bad? Can powder products actually go bad?

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2008 5:42:00 PM More reviews by saratink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this powder-- I've been using it for about 9 months and I continue to re-purchase every 2 months or so. Why I love this: I have super sensitive acne-prone skin and hate most make-up because it makes my skin itchy and feel gross. This powder matches my skintone perfectly (I use the Fair shade) and does not make my skin itchy, irritated, or break out. I love that this has SPF and keeps me from getting a sunburn even though I live in Tucson where it's sunny every day. This is a sheer powder so it won't cover all your blemishes and imperfections, but it evens out your skin while still letting you show through. The price is super cheap IMO but the packaging needs to be improved- tip: if you're traveling, cover the holes in the lid with a piece of tape or else you'll end up with powder everywhere. Also, customer service people at EM are super helpful-- send them your photo and ask for color suggestions if you're not sure what shade to buy.
Edit 2/19/09: I continue to use this prodcut every single day- it never irritates my skin, helps my skin look more even, and protects me from the sun. The price is cheap and it works great- what more could you ask for? I have recently tried two other colors, the bronzer is way too dark for me, I can use it as a light dusting to add color, but I'd look like I did a fake bake if I used enough of it to actually provide sun protection. I also just got the cool pink, which I was skeptical about because I thought it would make me look too pink, but after using it for the past week it's fine. It gives me just a bit more color than the fair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2008 8:59:00 PM More reviews by maitai215

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

not sure how much actually spf it provides as i wear it ontop of an spf moisturizer, but the light color works great w/my beige neutral/golden medium coloring and is a sheer layer that i apply last for some extra ss protection when its hot and bright outside. loving it!