November 23, 2014 | 1569 users online

Fragrances - Prada - Infusion d'Iris EDP

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

I must confess... I am guilty of judging Prada d'Iris based on a magazine insert scent patch back when it first came out. I dismissed it as being as blah as an 8 by 10 sheet of paper. However, while some perfumes give off a fairly accurate impression from magazine inserts, I can now say from experience that the beauty of Prada d'Iris really does not come through until you put it on. I received the EDP as a gift recently and when I first opened it, I thought... "Okay cool, I can go exchange this for something I really want." But something told me to unwrap the cellophane and give it a try, and so I did. Sigh...I'd been wrong about this for all this time...What a well made perfume. Whereas the magazine insert was linear, which cheats the beauty of this perfume, Prada d'Iris really has a beautiful composition. The flow from top to heart to base notes once applied to the skin is so very lovely. It's fresh, sexy, pretty, versatile and with substance - all at the the same time. I can wear this to the office, or in a casual setting, or even on a night out. Honestly, its a new favorite. And, staying power for the EDP is amazing for such a "light" fragrance. I can apply it in the morning and need no touch ups all day. Took me 5 years with Prada d'Iris, but I finally get it...

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by jesscwy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The scent of this perfume just like a foral body powder smell, very nice and soft.
But, the scent is too subtle that no matter how much you spray on your body, no one may notice apart from yourself. I mean the point of wearing a perfume is to let the others know that you smell good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Originally, I thought this was old-lady-in-the-eighties frag. Maybe I am one now coz I find myself enjoying it enough to reserve some skin to spray everytime I sample fumes (and I sample as often as I can). It opens citrusy with iris. Then the citrus leaves in the drydown and leaves a lot of iris with some sweetness and woods. While it seems soft enough (not strong like Tom Ford or Fracas), it is not a veil or faint. It is soft like a caress but very "visible" - difficult to explain unless you've tried it. So delicious! It doesn't seem to offend anyone. Sillage is about a foot away. On me it lasts about 6-7 hours. Due to the sillage and longevity, I give it 5/5 even though it is quite expensive -- it just means not everyone I know who loves it too will be willing to spend that much to smell as good as I do!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Pimpaka

I've been wearing Prada Infusion d'iris edp for 4 years. I always go back to buy this perfume.i wear it everyday. it makes me feel elegant and clean. it's very unique scent. it's pricey. it's never on sale more than 10% at Myer(Australia).Now i got 200ml bottle last year (Christmas present from my Bf). i guess it'll last me 2years. Highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

This is for a confident woman who knows who she is and what she wants, because it takes confidence to wear a scent that's so subtle it's almost effacing. This woman does not wear scent to seduce or to make a declarative statement to the world about who she is. She lives to please herself. I believe this is an experience I would have missed had I not quit smoking, as my sense of smell is much more acute. Many of the syrupy florals I wore are fairly intolerable to me now. Infusion D'Iris is very "dry" rather than sweet, woodsy and green despite the supposed notes of orange flower. The notes I get are primarily cedar, iris, and vetiver. Not a scent to sniff on a card during a perfume shopping day. It will get lost. This first time I smelled this, it didn't smell like anything. There are just so many boisterous, sweet scents around nowadays that this could easily get lost in the vanilla/amber/patchouli shuffle. But just because it's soft doesn't mean that it has no staying power, because it lasts for hours on my clothes and in my hair. This is most certainly NOT a scent if you're looking for "sillage". The very delicacy of Infusion D'Iris is what makes it utterly magnificent.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by flowerof59

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The most beautiful beautiful beautiful clean cool irisy powderey fragrance...for me its a perfect spring & summer perfume to be worn with fresh clean linen...or that lovely strappy sundress...it always make me smile when Iwear it ....I feel so clean & elegant & its a lovely wafter too...have everything going in the collection..lotions..soaps etc ....the perfume sillage in these items too are excellent and long lasting...

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by taradiddle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Infusion d'iris is a nice, sophisticated scent, and it's probably lovely on the right person. On my skin, however, it does not evoke an iris- and there is definitely no orange blossom. Initially it smells like the soil the plants might grow in and then dries down to a somewhat dirty powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

Although perfumes can not be easily rated, I will say that this one is a gentle spring breeze that everyone could wear. it is a happy perfume that doesnot bother anyone around you. i have a large collection of perfumes and rarely buy something twice, except this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Aquinstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It just goes to show you that we all have our own tastes in fragrances, and perfume ratings can be subjective. What I can say is that if you like soft, close-to-the-skin, inoffensive, slightly powdery, teensy weensy bit sweet dry-down fragrances, you will love this. HOWEVER, I honestly didn't think I liked it upon first spray. For me, the first spray was almost...skunky? As in, roadkill skunk. Thank goodness this is VERY brief. What you are left with is a gentle, ethereal iris scent that is clean and soft and just a tad powdery. Don't worry if you aren't a big powdery-smell person, it's only a wee bit of powder - the rest is basically "just washed my hair and applied moisturizer" type of clean. I don't know how anyone could ever be offended by this smell, unless you took a bath in it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 9:19:00 AM More reviews by shoeboxoftrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

For some reason I was excited about this fragrance, thinking that I would really enjoy the scent of irises. Well, this does not smell like irises. It smells exactly like Johnson & Johnson baby oil. If I ever wanted to smell like baby oil, I would use baby oil, which is a couple dollars for a huge bottle. Thankfully I only got a sample of this before buying the full size, because I hate scents that smell powdery, or like a baby's butt. Yet again, I am disappointed by Prada's scents.