April 19, 2014 | 1663 users online

Polishes - OPI - Russian Navy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by cathyz123

Russian Navy is a gorgeous, deep navy with a lovely purple shimmer. Perfect colour winter and shorter nails. Looks great against my skin tone!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by cdove

I think russian navy is absolutely gorgeous especially for fall. I have been using it religously for a few years now for fall and i absolutely love it, gorgeous deep navy color with a hint of glitter in the sunlight..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just bought this shade. When did the Russian collection come out? 2007? This is one of the only shades OPI kept in the line. I already own Vodka & Caviar. It appears to be an unusual navy. Somewhere between midnight purple and deep navy. I see a subtle purple shimmer. I'm sure it won't show on nails, but that's my observation. I've never owned a navy or many blue polishes because they were not quite chic enough for my taste. This changed my mind. I haven't worn it yet, but someone mentioned the purple and subtle shimmer won't show up. Ugh, that is a letdown. I thought the purple tone would add something to it. I'll keep it if it wears for a long time. Update: This polish requires that cuticles are very well taken care of. I had to use a cuticle gel to get them cleaner, and you would probably benefit from a basecoat or ridge filler polish. The blue does stain around cuticles and the edges, so you have to be precise.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 9:13:00 AM More reviews by ImmiMUA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lovely thick smooth formula, opaque in only 2 coats. This is a dark navy blue; obviously blue and not black.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by linet182

LOVE this color. I've been using it for the last few years and I always get compliments. It looks black, but under certain lights you can see the pretty shimmery midnight blue color coming through. It's very funky, yet it can also look very chic.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 11:10:00 AM More reviews by franktommyquaker

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This blue is very pretty on, very dark but you can still tell that it is blue and not black. It does have some shimmer which I like.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by lcarrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

None of the pictures I've seen do this polish justice, IMO; it is much more multichromatic than it appears online. I didn't really understand the hype until I saw it in person. It is a dark navy with bits of pink and purple shimmer. I prefer one layer because it looks the most iridescent that way.

I only gave it three stars because I find the packaging quite misleading. Due to its appearance in the jar, I thought it would be a purplish-blue, but in reality it is a dark navy. I was disappointed by this because it seemed a bit like false advertising. OPI Ink is an excellent color if you're looking for something more purple.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 3:55:00 AM More reviews by MilkBar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh I am not even the kind of person who likes blue nails (or green or yellow), but this is simply to die for! Such a deep, sensual color. Is wonderful with crackle, as it peers through the "cracks" like a dark mysterious ocean. It makes me feel sexy and enchanting. I am soooo happy I gave this one a try! LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Speakeasy1908

Russian Navy is a deep navy shimmer nail polish. On me it takes on that great navy shade. I know that it looks black on others. This be one of my signature Fall/Winter 2011 nail colors. It's daring yet very classy. It could even be work appropriate if your office is not super conservative.
Also, Midnight Cami by Essie is a great dupe!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by luvlost03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am not crazy about the color blue so I was hesitant on getting this color until I saw a Co worker wearing it and picked it up that day.its a beautiful dark blue. I love it. A mush have in my collection