November 21, 2014 | 1749 users online

Polishes - OPI - Russian Navy

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by silvermouse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

A lovely, deep blue nailpolish. The shimmer is subtle enough to be very elegant. In the right light it's a gorgeous electric blue.

I developed a sudden obsession for dark nail polishes. I tried black and find it quite boring. Russian Navy, beign quite dark, is a wonderful alternative. It could pass as black from a distance but close-up it's far more interesting.

I find it does streak a bit but this is easily eliminated by applying a second coat. Alternatively, I get a big dollop on the end of the brush (I dip it in then don't bother to wipe off the excess on the edge of the bottle) and apply it. This way, it's not quite as dark as applying two coats but you still get a fairly opaque colour with minimal streaks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2011 2:48:00 AM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty navy blue with reddish-purple shimmer. Unfortunately the shimmer does not show up much on the nail, and the color goes on darker than it looks in the bottle. Like the reviewer below I found the formula a bit streaky and staining as well. Also, I've found a couple of less expensive dupes for this color (New York Color West Village is one), so would not repurchase Russian Navy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Nikki_L

Beautiful navy blue with subtle shimmer. Lovely and different.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by MsGolightly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this color is just o.k. It's light enough to notice it's navy blue instead of black, and the shimmer is pretty. I'm just not crazy about it. I found it a little streaky compared to other colors in the same collection. Russian Navy is from OPI's fall/winter 2007 Russian collection. OPI describes it as a deep-sea indigo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 8:16:00 AM More reviews by Chester99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm really glad I decided to buy Russian Navy - despite the heavy price tag of German retail prices. In the bottle RN is an even mix of blue polish and tiny purple-fuchsia particles, on my nails it's much more dark blue. I was never a fan of blue nail polish but this one is a great exception.

On me it's opaque in two coats and it evens out nicely when it's still wet. RN wears well on me, about three days until obvious tip wear which is standard for OPI on me.

I cannot get over how much in love I am with RN!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Love it-very trendy shade and in the sunlight looks really beautiful. Dark Navy but not so close to black as many other navy polishes. One of my go-to shades for fall.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by cathyz123

Russian Navy is a gorgeous, deep navy with a lovely purple shimmer. Perfect colour winter and shorter nails. Looks great against my skin tone!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by cdove

I think russian navy is absolutely gorgeous especially for fall. I have been using it religously for a few years now for fall and i absolutely love it, gorgeous deep navy color with a hint of glitter in the sunlight..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

I just bought this shade. When did the Russian collection come out? 2007? This is one of the only shades OPI kept in the line. I already own Vodka & Caviar. It appears to be an unusual navy. Somewhere between midnight purple and deep navy. I see a subtle purple shimmer. I'm sure it won't show on nails, but that's my observation. I've never owned a navy or many blue polishes because they were not quite chic enough for my taste. This changed my mind. I haven't worn it yet, but someone mentioned the purple and subtle shimmer won't show up. Ugh, that is a letdown. I thought the purple tone would add something to it. I'll keep it if it wears for a long time. Update: This polish requires that cuticles are very well taken care of. I had to use a cuticle gel to get them cleaner, and you would probably benefit from a basecoat or ridge filler polish. The blue does stain around cuticles and the edges, so you have to be precise.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 9:13:00 AM More reviews by ImmiMUA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lovely thick smooth formula, opaque in only 2 coats. This is a dark navy blue; obviously blue and not black.