July 31, 2014 | 1802 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by BeeBonnet

My skin has been under a change recently. I purchased this wondering... well how different can it be, it's just powder afterall. I have been comfortable using Cover Girl pressed powders for as long as I can remember as my skin had been always somewhat oily before I hit my 40's, Have always been a little leery about using liquids or creams which might aggravate acne issues I was battling.

So, I tried and RETURNED Stila Illuminating pressed powder because in my opinion it did NOTHING and was too expensive. For a fraction of the price, I then tried the Advanced Radiance powder last week and I'm so glad I did. This stuff is REALLY wonderful! It's light-weight, smooth and as others have said, it doesn't accentuate or settle in fine lines. It also gives a subtle luminous glow, but without any sparkles or glitter. No breakouts or irritations to my sensitive skin, and I feel that my face looks brighter, clearer and healthier. I have been using this to set Clinique Supermoisture makeup which is a very light sheer cream, and I have to say these 2 products are the only ones I've ever tried that have made a big difference for me. I will definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I give this powder straight 5's..It always leaves a really smooth silky finish, doesn't break me out, and has gerat staying power. What I really love about it especially though is the puff that comes with it. Its this really flat applicator that has the texture similar to really soft suede. Its awesome because it applys the powder really evenly. I continue to buy this powder over and over..I don't feel the need to buy department atleats when it comes to powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by simplething1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this powder! I am in my early thirties and im starting to get self conscious about how my shoulder powder can make me look. I wanted to try this because of what it claims to do and also because it is oil-free. The finish is definitely snooze and I do feel that I look younger with it then I do other powders. I am fair skinned and I chose the color creamy natural. I do feel that these colors don't run light, as the creamy natural is just a touch too light for me, and I am fair skinned. I wish that their color selections were better, but I can make the creamy natural work by adding bronzer and blush. The next color up from the creamy natural is too dark and this is why I was saying that I wish that their color selection was a bit better. Overall, I think this is a great powder that does what it says that it will do, and that it is worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2010 2:29:00 AM More reviews by pooknbury

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

when i first bought this powder, i was applying it with an ecotools powder brush. it was ok, but i didn't think it was any better than the clinique blended face powder that i have been using for years. then one day i happened to use the puff that came with the compact to apply. i had much silkier results. the powder felt smooth and went on heavier (i.e. more coverage) than it did when i used a brush. i also found that using a make-up sponge has a similar effect. this powder tends to make my skin feel kinda dry at first and if apply repeatedly throughout the day. didnt make my skin flakey though. it tends to cake up around my nose or under my eyes if i wear too much over foundation. the first compact i bought cracked up around the edges b/c i had it in my purse and it was tossed around. 2 days later, the powder completely broke apart and i had to use the puff to press it all down to stay together. so, it can crumble easily and be fragile... dont toss it around too much.

btw... i've noticed that cover girl's powders tend to run pretty light. i have a hard time matching to my extremely pale skin tone but i've worn ivory for years and it always matches well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Peskypixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after purchasing the foundation- I needed something to combat shine on my oily skin. After using it not only with the corresponding foundation but a few others and alone, I can feel this on my skin. I've tried using new brushes, freshly cleaned brushes, sponges, etc, no change. The product is ok in appearance, but again I can feel it on my skin. Will not repurchase. Using BE Matte now, will look at MAC MSF Natural.

I have to say that I do like the shape and function of the compact- but it scratches easily. Big mirror, easy open / close. But it won't stay pretty unless you are seriously careful. The layer of paint over the plastic comes right off.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 4:04:00 PM More reviews by kimberlymacg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I initially purchased this powder in Ivory a couple of years ago. I used it on and off but never really cared for it much. Then I realized that the shade I had purchased was too light for me. This powder's shades tend to run a bit light, and, in addition to that, my skin is not as light as it used to be. I recently purchased Creamy Natural and I have to say that I am just amazed at this powder. I find that this powder and a touch of concealer (CG Smoothers in Neutral) to cover some redness and counteract my slight dark circles are all I need most days to even out my skin and give it a smooth, dewy finish. I find that this powder lasts very well on me. It seems to melt into my skin after a few minutes and look like my skin, only better. If I do need to touch up during the day the Advanced Radiance powder doesn't cake up or look too heavy. I apply the powder with a powder brush and reserve a small eyeshadow brush for applying it around my eyes. I don't mind the puff that the powder comes with but I like the lighter application achieved with a brush. I despise liquid or creamy foundations and this gives me enough coverage to function as my go-to day to day instead of foundation choice. For a bit more coverage at night or when I really want to get dolled up, I use Clinique Almost Powder foundation in 02 Neutral Fair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 4:42:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Thanks to the great reviews on MUA I purchased this powder in Ivory (reference I wear MAC NC15), and I'm thrilled with this item!
This powder is finely milled and lightweight. Sets my foundation beautifully and delivers a semi-matte flawless glow, but has no shimmer or glitter. My complexion looks more youthful, soft, and fresh. This powder is neither drying, cakey, or settles into fine lines or pores. Plus wears really well during the day even in my oily t-zone. I can even use this for daily touch-ups without worrying about cakeyness or buildup.
Overall super impressed with this powder and it will be a keeper and repurchase for me. Thanks MUA for this suggestion!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 12:56:00 AM More reviews by xenamarie

Thanks to the great reviews, I just bought this in Creamy Natural and it was exactly what I hoped for...a soft, radiant and peaches n' cream finish. So many powders are extreme one way or the other (either dry and chalky or too greasy - which one's worse?) but I find this to be perfect for my combo skin type. I was afraid the Ivory would be too pale even for me (I'm fair-med) so I chose the next shade. (*Beware* these shades do run light!*) It's a pleasure to apply either with a puff or brush. I love this powder and I'll definitely repurchase! ***EDIT MAY 2011 - I'm still loving this powder, I use it daily, more so than my Lancome Dual Finish. (I'm on perhaps my 5th compact of the CG which would equal one Lancome cost-wise!)***

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie90

After trying this, I officially give up on drugstore powders. I have tried Dream Matte, CG Clean, Revlon, True match, and they all failed miserably for me. I have been searching for a good soft, finely milled powder that I don't have to spend a fortune on. This looked promising because it was marketed by Olay, so I kind of figured it would have a nice texture. But alas, after one swipe it turns into the grainy, chalky mess that seems to categorize every other powder I've tried. My lesson is to invest in good-quality base products, like foundation and powder. On the other hand....maybe I'm just extremely picky :/

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by nenaguapa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this pressed powder. It certainly does not replace makeup but it makes my pores look so much smaller, and gave me a very smooth silky looking skin :) .... great for a drugstore product... even better than the Cargo blu ray one that used to be my favorite but looked to orange on me.

Haven't noticed any breakouts....

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No