October 25, 2014 | 1226 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Blackground

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by MakeupJunkie214

Great for sexy, sultry, smokey eyes...Also fantastic liner for the inside lower rim (water line)...kind of a steel-black....LOVE IT.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2010 6:01:00 AM More reviews by ns4487

LOVE this. I have 5 of these paint pots, and love all of them. This one looks scary in the pot, but you can layer it as a sheer or very dark base, depending on the effect desired. I use this instead of painterly if I want my eyeshadow colours to have more of a dark tinge to them when layered on top. Love these paint pots, they are HG for me, and I dont know how I lived without them before! Highly recommended. Plus, the pot is a generous size, so will last forever

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2010 12:08:00 AM More reviews by TheAphroditeBeauty

I LOVE this base. It says eyeshadow in the listing, but it's NOT a shadow. It is a base, much like a primer but different. The cool thing about paint pots, if you're not familiar with them is they provide a super solid, long lasting "finish" that is the foundation to your shadow look.
So I got Blackground. I tend to wear super dark colors and bright pigments and I wanted to try it out for something unique and different. I wanted to experiment with it a bit and I'm so glad I do.
The super awesome thing with this paint pot in particular is you can put your neutrals and colored pigments and shadows over this black base it is gives you a look so gorgeous and all your own. I don't recommend it for those who aren't daring with their makeup or like to stand out. With this base you WILL standout, the look is sultry and super sexy. The formula blends super easy and it's very long lasting. You will need makeup remover to get this off your lids gently, otherwise you are going to be scrubbing your skin raw to get it off. My favorite make up remover is Urban Decays, it smells amazing and is virtually oil free.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by kjmsmm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

While I LOVE paint pots - I don't love this one. It is too harsh to use as an eyeshadow base and the blend-ability isn't like other paint pots I've used. I will not be re-purchasing this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 3:35:00 PM More reviews by misodisko

LOVE paint pots. I have Bare Study, Rubenesque, Constuctivist, Blackground, and Delft. I use Bare Study, Rubenesque and Constructivist everyday, just by themselves. Blackground and Delft make really awesome smokey looks. I would definitely repurchase all the colors I own, and others as well. I feel that these wear by themselves and under shadows best of all the cream shadows I've tried (Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow, Lancome Color Dose, Clarins Soft Touch Eye Color).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Product - "Black-grey with multi-colour pearl" is dead on. Blackground is not quite black, but a rich dark charcoal/graphite grey. Great base for a smoky eye. Great as a dark eyeliner too when black would just be a little too harsh. The color softens and lightens up a little when smudged out. Soft, smooth, creamy texture. Definitely budgeproof, even on my oily lids. (NOTE: Some of the pics that have been posted for this review seem too silvery or light compared to the actual product in real life. The MAC swatch is spot on.)

Comparisons - Swatched next to BB Graphite Shimmer Ink, Graphite at first goes on with a more pronounced metallic finish - but after I smudge each they both have an iridescent multicolor shimmer finish and are completely indistinguishable; Graphite has a slightly thicker texture. Probably don't need both this and BB Graphite Shimmer Ink; between the two I'd keep Blackground, since I like to do a smoky eye often and Paint Pots are generally a little easier to work with as a base.

Packaging - Round glass jar with domed black lid, like Fluidlines jars but wider.

Overall - Great line of cream shadow - versatile as liner and eyeshadow base. Love this shade when I want something dark but black might be too harsh. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by botitas1977

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this because a reviewer said it was really great to darken eyeshadows. I am a fan of smokey eyes and dark shadows. However, the first time I tried this I was not able to get to the whole putting e/s over it and decided that it looks pretty enough alone. Its a shimmer dark dark grey. Im sure its called blackground because its a good base for dark shadows. Will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A must have for smokey eyes or deep contours -- this is one of MAC's best paint pots for darkening any color also.. say if you want a deep blue and only have a mid tone, use this black as a base and you will darken it.

use it under a mid brown, and you get a dark deep brown.

love it and will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by heyimcortney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Don't be intimidated by this color! When applied lightly, it comes out grayish. Apply more, and you get more of a black color. Definitel would only use this for nighttime or some kind of photoshoot with dramatic eyes. I love smoky dark eyes a la Eva Green in casino royale and this is perfect. Also doesn't crease and lasts for hours!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love paint pots. They are the best cream eyeshadows I've come across so far. They work very well with synthetic brushes and can apply precisely and pigmentedly.

The consistency is not slippery like Benefit's creaseless creams. They are somewhat on' the dry side but I like it that way because it's more pigmented.

Blackground is an amazing color to use for smokey eyes. It can go from black to grey using a synthetic brush. It is a black with subtle shimmer.