Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani Diamonds

3.6

on 7/6/2009 3:27:00 AM

Made me super nauseous. Smells like a toxic cloud.

on 4/13/2009 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Emporio Armani Diamonds is another fruity floral, and quite a weak chink in the Armani armour. Emporio Armani has some stellar fragrances, my favourite of which is the spicy, modernist ‘She’.
I find it slightly troubling that Diamonds’ creator Thierry Wasser’s press shot sees him cocking his head thoughtfully, peering through a web of smoke as he sucks on a cigarette – no wonder his best-selling creation, Dior Addict, is so potent. I worry that my social smoking has dumbed down my own abilities to taste and smell – but maybe Wasser began with the hyper-sensitive nostrils of Jean-Baptiste Grenouille.
Diamonds is rather lychee-heavy, but luckily that’s tempered with an unusual shot of vetiver, giving a peppery twist. There is a subtle note of nit-killing lotion in the centre of it, and though I appreciate the face powder and nail polish notes of Jean Paul Gaultier Classique, I’m less into the nostalgia of nits.
The first time I ever sniffed Ralph, by Ralph Lauren, I was offended by its generic, sporty, high street vibe. Even the bottle screamed freshman. I have since become quite intrigued by how preppy the Ralph Lauren line of perfumes is – how straight they are. I wear them to feel like someone else – someone who uses Pantene shampoo, goes clubbing, watches Desperate Housewives and counts shopping as a hobby.
Diamonds is like Ralph’s older sister.

on 4/2/2009 11:50:00 PM

Nice scent but overwhelming and might offend others around you. Definitely not a day time perfume, maybe OK for going out as it is very heavy and rich. I didn't feel like I was wearing this perfume, rather I felt that it's wearing me out. Staying power is good to mention something positive. Gave away my bottle to my cousin who liked it, actually.

on 3/21/2009 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I got a sample of this with my last Sephora order, and I'm not overly impressed with it. It's not awful or anything. It does smell nice, kind of a light floral on me. It also seems to have pretty good staying power. It's just kind of generic. Not a fragrance I will ever purchase, especially for that price!

on 3/8/2009 11:24:00 PM

Oh my goodness, yet another boring scent. I have nothing much to say because this made no impression on me at all. It's just another well marketed mass produced scent for the undiscerning public. The best thing about this is probably the bottle !

on 1/26/2009 10:35:00 AM

I remember when this first came out it was so very very popular, and 90% who smelt it really liked it. (I worked behind the perfume counter at Boots then)
I find it quite a fresh, universally appealing scent, which hinted to fragrances such as pink lemonade...
Nice. But tacky bottle.

on 1/21/2009 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was at Sephora when I first smelled this perfume and was oohhhh I love that one!! at first it smells like the japanese liquor, with its lychees, then tons of roses smell developp. I so love it but Im not sure I would purchase again, because the scent doesnt last on my skin, like an hour later theres no smell anymore! Not really worth it considering its price! I also think the bottle is very boring, it could have been a lot more sophisticated!

on 1/19/2009 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really enjoy this perfume - it's bright and cheery and yummy. I've read the reviews here on this fragrance and no one has mentioned that there is a Mangosteen note in it (or at least like the Mangostee perfumes I've smelled before) - and I LOVE that smell. Mangosteen is totally yummy. I just wanted to eat this perfume - can you tell I like Gourmands?

on 1/18/2009 9:28:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

One of my friends gave me this perfume as a gift on my birthday and i was really disappointed. Even though i really like Armani perfumes- both his&hers- this one let me down. There is nothing unique about it, there must be at least 10 more fragrances similar to this one. The only thing i like about it is the bottle-seriously. i loooove the bottle but not the perfume....

on 1/11/2009 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

One of my favorite perfumes! It's perfect for both daytime at work/school and nights out. Very feminine, soft, musky and floral aroma.
Smells so delicious, worth a try!

Popular Fragrances