October 21, 2014 | 1343 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot - Groundwork

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by megabookfreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

HG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Recieved it in a swap. Wasn't expecting much but this was simply awesome. I have NC40/42 skin (south asian) and this color looks FABULOUS on me.

Color: It's looks like a light chocolate milk brown.

Consistency: It's a cream...very creamy haha

Staying power: Lasts a REALLY long time. Today, I'd had it on for maybe 4 hours so far and theres been no creasing or anything like that.

Best for: everyday where! I literally wear this everyday! haha and if you office is conservative but makeup is allowed, then this is defintiely something to wear.

What I like best: It's so fast to put on and easy to blend. Whenever I wake up late, I just swipe this on my eyes in like 2 seconds and my face is transformed!

What i don't like: the price. If I could find a dupe for this color in cream form, I'd def start buying that! This is going to last me a REALLY long time but still I'd hate spending that kind of money for a casual, everyday wear kind of thing.

Repurchase? YESSSSSSSSSSSSS! Even thought it'll kill me a little bit, I dont see any dupes of comparable quality so this is a staple for me. Def HG material.

MAC's got the right idea with this one ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by fragrance

I had Painterly and now got Groundwork. Groundwork is a nice tan, light brownish colour. Satin finish is very natural looking can be worn everyday to work. So easy to use. You can not go wrong with cream eyeshadows. Love the paintpots.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by ManhattanMermaid

HG! This is a very natural eyeshadow base/primer for my clients with a skintone from NC40 and up! It also looks good on lighter skintones as well, for a deeper brown shadow look. It lasts a long time too, at least a year and a half. It's creamy, so powder sticks to it, rather than flaking off like it does on the more shimmery paint pots and paints. Will repurchase again for my kit as long as MAC makes it. Tip: Store it upside down and shut the cap tightly to prevent it from drying out, though I have never had that problem with mine. Works great on oily and dry skin alike. Prevents creasing, makes shadow last all day, and keep the colors vibrant. I HIGHLY recommend this. I recommend Painterly for light to medium skin tones, as it has the same creamy consistency as Groundwork. Both very universal shades.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by nobby11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Quick and simple, the best eye contouring product I have at the moment. It's sheer as opposed to matt, not sparkly or shimmery. I love to buff this into the eye sockets or slightly above to create a socket illusion where there is little or none. It's not too greying, not too warm and blends seamlessly into the skin without looking too reflective or drying. I use this when doing a full face and also when going for a minimal look. Also great smudged under the eye line to create a larger look to the eye. Not too dark, not too light, just perfect. Love love love and wouldn't be without. Will last me ages as long as I'm careful not to leave the lid off for too long at any one time. These pots can dry out but careful looking after minimises this. Makes a great eye-shadow base/primer to golds or browns too. A*

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by meumar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A fantastic product - I'm South Asian with Tan skin and this colour is just slightly darker than my natural skin tone. It gives me a very very slight amount of definition on my lids while still looking very natural.

I also love that it doesn't crease and it provides a great base for powder eyeshadows - I often use this just as an eyeshadow primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 9:02:00 AM More reviews by drchi73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This a light taupey brown with a sheen to it. For a quick, neutral eye that looks "done", I just sweep it over the eyelid to the crease, apply eyeliner and mascara. No fuss, stays put all day without creasing. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by HIYELLOW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Groundwork's consistency is lovely. It is creamy and spreads evenly. The color on my GGG lid is not desirable. It is pinky/brown which is not flattering and really doesn't show up much except in outdoor lighting. It does not shimmer (not supposed to.) I can see how it would be great for cool skin tones but I think warmer tones should save their money on this one. Soft Ochre (soft yellow) would be better as would Painterly (light pink/no brown.)

I have had luck keeping this creamy by storing it upside down.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Platosfriend

I love Groundwork! It's a medium taupey brown and it's perfect for my lazy days or when I have little time for makeup. I use Estee Lauder DW cream eyeshadow in Ivory lace on my arch and inner corners and on the outer corners and crease I use Groundwork. It creates the nicest soft brown smokey eye. The texture is sticky and it does last very well (better then the Estee Lauder DW). I shall definitely repurchase time and time again as Groundwork has saved me from the time lost on blending brown powder shadows to get that everyday brown neutral eye. For reference I am NC20 in MAC.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

I was looking for a neutral color to wear as a wash with dk. brown or black liner and thought Groundwork would fit the bill. While it is creamy and long lasting and neutral, it pulled a bit too warm/peach on my lt-med asian skin for my liking. It's very similiar to MAC Soft Brown eyeshadow imho.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by JayLammMD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Let me start by saying I can't stand the associates at our local Mac counter here in Salt Lake City Nordies. I'd almost rather cut off an arm than to give them any of my hard earned $$. But....I needed a good neutral skin toned base to cover some tiny blueish veins that are starting to show as the skin on my lids starts to get thinner with age.
This stuff did the trick. I find that I have to work rather quickly, but it looks completely natural and stays put all day long, never looks cakey or made-up.
This will be a staple in my kit.