December 20, 2014 | 1781 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Olay - Definity Eye Illuminator

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2009 10:53:00 AM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The sparkle is mica which is a problem for a lot of women with sensitive skin. WHY??????? would anyone need it?

This cream caused me to develop eczema under my eyes that took several weeks to fix with hydrocortisone cream.

Cortisone will DESTROY collagen when used over a longer term. NOT recommended but in my case very necessary.

I feel this damaged me, didn't do a thing for me and I wish I'd never touched the stuff.

I've used and loved OLAY's Age Defy, Total Effects and Regenerist lines but this is the last Definity product I'll allow near my face.

Is it my imagination or is OLAY going way expensive with Definity and the new Pro X delivering less quality at much higher prices?

I looked at the ingredient list on Pro X and I think the lesser expensive lines --Age Defy, Total Effects and Regenerist offer the same goodies without the risk.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2009 1:56:00 AM More reviews by blondejunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Major yuck! I must admit, I purchased this product because I needed an eye cream, and did not have the money to get my Murad Moisture Silk Eye Gel. Next time I will go on to get my Murad Gel and skip this route. I will skimp on something else other than my eye cream.

This does have one good thing going for it...the packaging. I love the pump. However, I did not find this hydrating enough, and I'm not very dry under my eyes. There was way too much illumination in this eye treatment. It did nothing to firm my under eye area. My concealer faded into my fine lines around my eyes with this as well.

For the $24 I paid on sale...it's going to my mother in law. Maybe she'll like it. Sorry, no more Olay eye creams rest in my future!

I can't get over it...since when did Olay charge so much for this garbage. It's Olay not LaMer! Bleh! I got what I paid for, garbage.

Did I forget to mention that this crap gave me milia! Bleh.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2009 10:03:00 AM More reviews by momwom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm feeling like my age group is a little under-represented on this site, so here goes the first review. It is mainly inspired by the ridiculous packaging for this product, which endeavors to make a thimbleful of stuff look like a lifetime supply. I understand that it's also about shelf space, but really. I'm quite sure that manufacturers read the reviews on this site, and I think it's important to support the ones who manage to use responsible packaging. This packaging is the height of irresponsibility. Another issue is that it's difficult to get this pump to pump out an appropriate amount. You don't need much, and once it's out, it's out. I'm sure that wasn't entirely unintentional on the part of Olay. I respect the Olay product line, but this item, in my opinion, is not up to their normally high standards. Even in small amounts, it can get that clumpiness under your makeup, and once I've encountered that, I'm basically turned off and back to the search. I've not tried Pro-X, but I will soon. Allure says that Definity reduces dark circles, but I haven't noticed any difference at all in this area either. So this is a total no-go for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by msimmons0708

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had been using the regenerist eye treatment and decide to try this when I ran out, I am very disappointed. First thing I noticed was a strange cooling effect which felt sort of like a menthol and made my eyes burn, then it had a tacky feel that seemed to not go away and forget putting any kind of makeup on near the area. I wouldnt recommend this at all. I gave it three stars only because I think it would be a good product for someone who wasnt sensitive and didnt wear makeup near the eyes

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2009 2:51:00 AM More reviews by vze4n69h

I was very surprised by all the bad reviews. This is about the 3rd eye cream I've tried and definitely the best. I've been using it for about 3 weeks and while I agree the 'lightening' effects are temporary there is visible firmness under my eyes and around the cheek bone area which is exactly why i wanted the product! I wish it did more for the sagging above the eyelid but i'm not complaining. I did start to feel a very minimal stinging for a few minutes after the second week but i also dot all over my eye lash line because i've noticed how much longer and strong my eyelashes are from previous lotions and this one as well. I'm still looking for the"perfect" product but until i find it i will be repurchasing this one. hope this helps.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2009 10:16:00 PM More reviews by lilebq

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yipe - it stung my skin, above and below the eye. I don't usually have problems with products stinging, but this was immediate. I returned it right away and will return to my search for a lovely eye cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2009 1:48:00 AM More reviews by Courtloux128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I did some research on this product before I tried it and found mostly good reviews. I purchased it 2 days ago and after the 1st night I noticed a visible difference with my under eye circles the next morning. They were definitely lighter and my eyes just seemed brighter and more well rested. I also like the fact that it's a light, nongreasy gel yet my eyes felt well hydrated. It did well under makeup and it absorbed quickly. I am very satisfied with this product and it's a plus that it's so convenient to buy. It's a little pricey but still less expensive than a lot of department store brands and with better results than many.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2009 1:41:00 AM More reviews by seawriter

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this product last evening before going to bed and awoke this morning with my eyes swollen and red and itchy--I could hardly see. I thought the reaction would lessen during the day but instead everything got worse. By dinner time I called my doctor's office. They told me to take 50 mg Benedryl every six hours at least three times. I'm a miserable mess! And the nurse told me it could take several days for all the swelling and redness to go away. I will never use a definity product again, even though before this I liked the mousse facial moisturizer. Now I'm not willing to risk having more problems with this line.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2009 8:31:00 AM More reviews by BritRose

I really DON'T like this, and am sad to say I'm going to waste the rest of it. When I spend $30 for a drug store product, I expect at least some results. This product is not a good hydrator, it pills, and leaves a weird sparkle to the eye area that looks un-natural. I am very fair, so you'd think that the sparkle would be least noticed on skin like mine, but it really wigs me out, and makes my under-eye look more crepy than it is. I tried several of the Definity products, but really prefer the Regenerist line in all cases. Regenerist will not produce a miracle, but at least it's cheap, gentle, and hydrating. Definity is a gimick, and I'd advise not wasting your $. If you're wanting something higher quality than the Regenerist line, I'd try a Dept. store brand before anything in the Definity line.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 8:43:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Olay definity has been my under eye treatment for the last year and a half. I love this treatment because it really helps with my dark undereye circles. It does a great job illuminating my eyes too. When I first started using this people actually told me I looked great and asked if I was doing anything different. I think I just looked more awake and rested.....had more of a glow about me or something with this product. The only reason I took one lippie off was because of price and the fact that it doesn't moisterize enough for my dry skin. I apply this once in the morning and once at night. Since using this I have probably repurchased this at least 3 times. However, I am currently trying to find something else to substitue for this product due to getting tired of paying the $25 price of this product. My under eye area has also become more dry over the past year.....all of my skin has to be exact... so I know its not this product.... but I am on the hunt for something else out there that will help with undereye circles and moisterize as well.....if that product even exists! I've tried several other products but keep coming back to this. It's quite possible that I will repurchase again since I have tried to stop using this product once before and came back to it because I could notice my circles coming back and I think I look dead without using it now. Overall a fantastic prouct! Just really wish it was cheaper!