July 28, 2014 | 1899 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Midnight Poison

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 9:40:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

I have fond memories of wearing this perfume, but after a while, I got sick of the smell. I can't put my finger on it, but the more I used this, the more it began to smell powdery. I don't know how to quite describe it, but I could feel myself wearing this perfume. It didn't envelope like other perfumes do, instead it just became so overbearing that it felt like I was wearing a beanie in the summer. One of the more bizarre similes, but hey - that's the best I can do.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2010 2:37:00 AM More reviews by loveheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Violet

I don't like this fragrances smells !

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Rhiannon_Gymru

I usually don't pay attention to dept store perfumes since I consider myself a niche fragrance snob but after seeing Eva Green (who is one of my favorite actresses) on the commercial I was intrigued.

The whole blue bottle, midnight, Gothic, Noir just captured my imagination!
Plus I love the commercial by wai kar wong (?) .

I was at Dillards the other day and I passed through the perfume aisle. normally I just walk by but this perfume was strategically placed right in my path..I stopped, I sprayed on my arms and walked out.

The initial spritz was amazing!! It was intense, licorish and full bodied like a fine wine...without getting into the who nitty gritty I enjoyed the entire journey with this midnight poison. I could still a whiff of it at 10pm! It was lovely faint, sweet scent but still had the robust feel to it.

One thing to note**** which I find very interesting...Midnight Poison does not leave any stain on your skin by which I mean..like that rancid aftertaste that you just wanna wash off!! I noticed that the scent just dissipated from my skin and there was no bad aftertaste that most perfumes leave that even after you take a shower , it's still there.

This masterpiece of a perfume has been added to my collection and will never be omitted.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2010 12:17:00 PM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Much too heavy for my taste, sometimes feels like a granny perfume, sometimes feels like a challenging perfume. I find it so strong and heavy that the effort just isn't worth it. Too much.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by danai

Very sexy and enchanting, but in a strong way; this is very feminine but with something almost masculine lying within. Not bombshell-sexy or pinup-sexy; this gives me the mental image of a classy, gorgeous woman with edge; there's something alluring but dark and a little devilish here.
Actually, this is the fragrance I imagine Angelina Jolie wearing, along with her signature body hugging black dresses at red carpet events.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Sissi

I really wanted to love this.
Based on previous reviews and raves, I had anticipated a dark, thorny rose, almost gothic in character.
On the cardboard strip I found it interesting enough to try it on my wrist. But on my skin, alas, I got a thorny rose dipped in burnt sugar and a distant whiff of patchouli..

I perceived a nod to the original Poison but it smelled generic enough for me to dismiss it.
The staying power is excellent, though.

edit: I am adding an extra lippie because the drydown on my sleeve is really enchanting. Not too special, but very pleasant.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 1:46:00 AM More reviews by hayleysurley

when i look at this perfume I see midnight definately poison. though the lid to me cheapened it with the black. should have kept the blue but when i heard the name i was instantly put off. i want my perfumes lasting yet not to overbearing and srtong. i dont want to take a whiff and feel nautious (which is what poison felt like to me). but when i smelt it i instantly liked it and found it more woody and mysterious. it lasted but was to strong and i think this is best for cocktail parties or any nights. to strong for work i think though. i really like the oriental\woodiness of it and voerall wwill keep. deffinately didnt find any old-lady feels like some reviewers did . suprising.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2010 7:39:00 AM More reviews by greydovefeatherwing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Kajka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My first encounter with Midnight Poison was soon after its spectacular launch back in the fall of 2007. To be honest, I got enchanted with this stunning concoction right from the first sniff. Yet I was in doubt if it was "me" or not (I remember something seemed wrong with the drydown -- it was too powdery or too old-lady-like, I cant' say now). As a result, I gave it up then, going instead for some other stuff. And now, I wonder how come it took me over two years(!) to reapproach the midnight blue bottle... But. As soon as I gave MP another try, I knew THIS WAS IT!!!

I've found the very fragrance I was (endlessly) looking for... Now, it's my signature frag. The one most admired and complimented (BTW, another one by Dior is Addict Eau Fraiche which gets me compliments galore from both men and women every time I wear it:))

As for the fragrance itself, MP EdP falls in the oriental/woody family, and its notes (quoted after osmoz.com) are:

top note: bergamot, mandarin orange
middle note: rose absolute, patchouli
base note: amber, ambrox, bourbon vanilla

The way one perceives a fragrance is a personal experience which cannot be shared (and can hardly be communicated:)). What I adore in MP the most is the patchouli note which makes this fragrance outstandingly mysterious and overwhelmingly sexy. The funny thing is that I normally detest patchouli but here it's so extraordinary (maybe due to the citrusy top notes?) that I simply cannot resist... I find this perfume full of interesting contrasts: dry and sultry at the same time, audacious and aloof, sexy yet innocent, feminine but with a masculine side (the pathchouli!) which makes it robust in a very appealing way...

As I said before, MP is not a scent which goes unnoticed. It has a character and people do smell it, even a few hours after application when I have already forgotten it's there. As I said before, MP gets me lots of compliments. Many scents do. What is striking about MP, hhowever, is that it evokes the same associations in different people. At least it gets me the same kind of compliments -- I have numerously been told that I smell MYSTERIOUS. Hmm... A spritz of MP turns me into a mysterious woman :) Would I want anything else?

As for the lasting power, I'll say it's ...good enough. Meaning something around 4 hours. Which seems just fine in that it makes room for having the pleasure of reapplication :)

One final remark -- if you want to give MP a try, note the difference between the original MP and the later Elixir version (which seem to have a note of caramel added and much more vanilla). I personally adore the EdP which is so luscious (probably thanks to the fruity top notes) while the Elixir doesn't appeal to me at all. Obviously, someone else may say the contrary... So, mind the difference and go for the version which suits your chemistry!

Fabulous smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 4:22:00 PM More reviews by pierce0566

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wonderful, Sexy Scent!! So loving this scent now. It's so different from the fruity, floral, generic scents. Nothing wrong with those. If you want compliments galore try midnight posion. My sister told me it was me when I tried on a sample and I could not quit smelling my wrist. I've been told this smells better than anything I've ever worn in the past. Cant wait to get more.