November 23, 2014 | 1086 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Midnight Poison [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2010 8:08:00 PM More reviews by eaugirlspirit

I finally received my 1.7 fl oz. bottle of midnight poison today and am in looove. It is a perfect oriental woody fragrance for the fall and winter season and seems really appropriate for the mood being the week before all hallow's eve. Love the bottle design as well as the complete fragrance composition. Love the patchouli which definitely makes it. This is gothic, dark but warm and beautiful at the same time. I feel like I am transported to Europe as I wear this. I was in Rome a few years ago and yes that's what it feels like to me. Like I am back in the elegance of old world Italy. Will wear this perfume seasonally forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2010 8:17:00 AM More reviews by chanelohlic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had seem this product lots when it first came out, thought the advertising was very beautiful but didnt even give it a try due to the bottlle being blue!!! Sounds silly i know but blue isnt my colour and i prefer my perfume bottles to look more classic e.g Chanel Chance etc.
    Then the other day i was talking to the Dior assistant and she smelt gorgeous, really really sweet and warm. I had to ask what she was wearing, it was Midnight Poison!! It wasnt at all how i imagined it would smell! I bought a bottle there and then. Still suprised, i had presumed due to the dark bottle that this was somehow going to be a fragrance for the "older lady"...a real overpowering smell.
    The smell itself i cant describe, its very sweet,comforting and i find it strangley addictive. The staying power is fantastic but still i cant resist having a top up spray every now and then whether i need it or not!!
    It has Rose and patchouli in it ,not sure what else. But if youve been on the fence about this one at least go try it.
    I probably will buy again, and the only reason i didnt give this 5 out of 5 was because bottle colour, love the shape of the poison bottles but i just somehow think they got the colour of this one a little wrong. Black may have been a better choice?? However i am getting used to the blue, slowly. Looks a bit out of place on my dresser with my other bottles but when i love the smell so much how can i not keep it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 9:40:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

I have fond memories of wearing this perfume, but after a while, I got sick of the smell. I can't put my finger on it, but the more I used this, the more it began to smell powdery. I don't know how to quite describe it, but I could feel myself wearing this perfume. It didn't envelope like other perfumes do, instead it just became so overbearing that it felt like I was wearing a beanie in the summer. One of the more bizarre similes, but hey - that's the best I can do.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2010 2:37:00 AM More reviews by loveheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Violet

I don't like this fragrances smells !

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Rhiannon_Gymru

I usually don't pay attention to dept store perfumes since I consider myself a niche fragrance snob but after seeing Eva Green (who is one of my favorite actresses) on the commercial I was intrigued.

The whole blue bottle, midnight, Gothic, Noir just captured my imagination!
    Plus I love the commercial by wai kar wong (?) .

I was at Dillards the other day and I passed through the perfume aisle. normally I just walk by but this perfume was strategically placed right in my path..I stopped, I sprayed on my arms and walked out.

The initial spritz was amazing!! It was intense, licorish and full bodied like a fine wine...without getting into the who nitty gritty I enjoyed the entire journey with this midnight poison. I could still a whiff of it at 10pm! It was lovely faint, sweet scent but still had the robust feel to it.

One thing to note**** which I find very interesting...Midnight Poison does not leave any stain on your skin by which I mean..like that rancid aftertaste that you just wanna wash off!! I noticed that the scent just dissipated from my skin and there was no bad aftertaste that most perfumes leave that even after you take a shower , it's still there.

This masterpiece of a perfume has been added to my collection and will never be omitted.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2010 12:17:00 PM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Much too heavy for my taste, sometimes feels like a granny perfume, sometimes feels like a challenging perfume. I find it so strong and heavy that the effort just isn't worth it. Too much.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by danai

Very sexy and enchanting, but in a strong way; this is very feminine but with something almost masculine lying within. Not bombshell-sexy or pinup-sexy; this gives me the mental image of a classy, gorgeous woman with edge; there's something alluring but dark and a little devilish here.
    Actually, this is the fragrance I imagine Angelina Jolie wearing, along with her signature body hugging black dresses at red carpet events.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Sissi

I really wanted to love this.
    Based on previous reviews and raves, I had anticipated a dark, thorny rose, almost gothic in character.
    On the cardboard strip I found it interesting enough to try it on my wrist. But on my skin, alas, I got a thorny rose dipped in burnt sugar and a distant whiff of patchouli..

I perceived a nod to the original Poison but it smelled generic enough for me to dismiss it.
    The staying power is excellent, though.

edit: I am adding an extra lippie because the drydown on my sleeve is really enchanting. Not too special, but very pleasant.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 1:46:00 AM More reviews by hayleysurley

when i look at this perfume I see midnight definately poison. though the lid to me cheapened it with the black. should have kept the blue but when i heard the name i was instantly put off. i want my perfumes lasting yet not to overbearing and srtong. i dont want to take a whiff and feel nautious (which is what poison felt like to me). but when i smelt it i instantly liked it and found it more woody and mysterious. it lasted but was to strong and i think this is best for cocktail parties or any nights. to strong for work i think though. i really like the oriental\woodiness of it and voerall wwill keep. deffinately didnt find any old-lady feels like some reviewers did . suprising.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2010 7:39:00 AM More reviews by greydovefeatherwing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown