August 23, 2014 | 928 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - Angled Blush & Contour Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by tia347

I really like this blush brush! I think that it does a great job at adding a perfect amount of blush to the apples of my cheeks. If you are wanting a sheer application then I would use a different brush. I would not really recommend using this brush for contouring either. But it is a great blush brush and I would buy this again. It is super duper soft just like all EM brushes and I have yet to see it shed a single hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2008 5:05:00 PM More reviews by mricha14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a huge fan of EM's make-up brushes but I don't particularly like this one. It's super soft, like all the others, but it's just too awkward to apply blush with. The angle just doesn't work for me...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2008 11:27:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

LOVE LOVE this brush - very soft, no shedding, very reasonably priced, blends my EM blush evenly, smoothly!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2008 8:46:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Edited 9.08: While I love the softness and high quality handle and bristles of this brush, the performance of it with mineral blushes isn't what I was looking for, so in that respect it's disappointing. I like fluffier, lighter, more flexible bristles that are not so densely packed from the ferrule to the tips. An example of a perfect blush brush for mineral blush, for me, is Alima's blush brush. Alima's is also a synthetic brush, but the bristles are light and air is dispersed through them easily so it is easy to buff and for the brush to evenly distribute the mineral powder. With EM's angled blush brush, the brush is so dense from the ferrule all the way to the tips, that it is too 'springy' and close-knit, and the bristles tend to concentrate color in one area, not buff it around or diffuse the pigment color, which is what a mineral blush brush needs to do. This is ok for non-mineral blushes such as MAC, NYX, Jane, Benefit, etc. but I can't use it with a pigmented mineral blush, and most of the ones I have are pigmented, even if they're lighter in color. Forget it, with the darker/deeper ones. I'd rate this about a 3 1/2 really...I want to love it for its softness but it's not that useful to me. I have the same problem with the EM Flattop brush, and its tendency to concentrate color in certain areas and not evenly distribute or diffuse the color pigment powder.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2008 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Mipmip

I use this little brush for a natural and sheer application of blush, I don't like having blush on in any other way!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2008 11:33:00 AM More reviews by bubbleheart

I really wanted to like this but Im not really finding it very useful for anything. As a blush brush which its supposed to be - its not very effective. Applying blush takes me about twice as long as usual and takes twice as much product as usual. I think its too dense for a blush brush which makes it pick up too much powder and the small/thin dense shape makes it difficult to spread on your cheeks evenly. I dont like having to rub and blend with my blush I prefer light dustings of color and this just wont do it and if I can spend half the time and half the product with my previous brush I dont see what advantage using this would be. For contouring - as previous reviewers have said they used this for, it might work but again the size of the actual brush would probably make it difficult to do in a non streaky way. Personally once I have put on my foundation I dont appreciate applying blush/bronzer with a brush that rubs off the foundation/concealer underneath. So really as much as I want to love this brush Im just struggling to find a use for it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2008 11:03:00 PM More reviews by krystalchan

bristles are the usual soft and heavy duty quality of EM brushes... but i have no use for this brush ...!! i can't use it to blend, and i find blending the key to EM's pigmented powders. i might try use this for bronzers to contour... though it's so flat.
i have a really fat and round face, so i like to sweep my blush up to my temples - however i find the kabuki and flat top brushes are best to apply EM's blushes cos you need to buff to get that natural soft flush look (buffing from side of the apples to the temples, instead of using the angle brush to sweep). it's probably that my cheeks are just too fat for the EM angled blush brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2008 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Sua

Great for the price. A bit too soft. A bit to floppy to blend well. It would be nice if it was just a bit fluffy around the rims for blush. It's okay to contour, but I prefer the 168se.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2008 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Lutya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the newer synthetic brushes which I love! It is incredibly soft, the perfect size for me and applies EMs highly pigmented blushes very well. It takes me about 10 seconds to put my blush on every day - love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2008 12:07:00 PM More reviews by BonChicBonGenre

This is the littlest blusher brush that could. It's designed to apply a sweep of color from your apple to your temples, but with a little blending it can apply color to just the apples, as well. The trick, IME, is to apply the blush in short little strokes instead of long sweeps, and then blending. The length of the brush from end to tip fits in the palm of my hand. I cleaned immediately upon receipt as I do all of my brushes. No dye washed out and even though the bristles are synthetic it still dried within 12 hours. I've used this to apply MAC Hushabye and then blend Light Flush over it, and it always turns out just great for my simple blush needs.