April 19, 2014 | 1714 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Delft [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 9:25:00 PM More reviews by pootiebear1031

I really wanted to try the MAC Parrot eyeshadow but since it is discontinued I decided to look on the MAC site and I was recommended the Delft paint pot as a replacement for Parrot. The Delft paint pot is a turquoise blue and it is very pretty. I use this paint pot under my blue and turquoise eyeshadows and it really makes them pop. The Delft paint pot can also be used alone because it is such a beautiful color. I don't know if it is exactly like MAC Parrot since I never had the chance to try that eyeshadow. I would definitely recommend this paint pot to anyone who has turquoise and blue eyeshadows in their makeup stash.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2008 12:13:00 AM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I thought I was incredibly lucky to score this at my local CCO , but after using it, I wish I hadn't! Delft is a deep, golden based turquoise that applies chunky & not nearly as pretty as it looks in the pot. When used simply as a base, it works some wonders. It makes MAC's Teal pigment look almost metallic which is great for a gradient or artsy look. I felt I had to dig my brush into this to get anything onto my lid.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2008 12:33:00 PM More reviews by olympialetantoli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow wow wow!

I love this paint pot, granted I love all the MAC paint pots. But this is my fav. Especially in the summer, with my tan and a white dress and this beauty on my eyes I was like goddess. haha okay maybe not goddess.... but this shade has a god like quality to it.

I love to wear it with Black Tied over it at night. I even wore this to the beach! It looks especially amazing with brown eyes.

I also bought Sea Me shade stick but Delft is far better for applying. Just make sure you use a correct brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2008 5:01:00 PM More reviews by mizleilei

I love Paint Pots! When I found this color at CCS and was pleased that it was a good price. The color is a beautiful deep teal with gold flecks and looks fab paired a charcoal gray shadow for a smokey eye. I think this one will last awhile since I only use it when I go out, but I would repurchase this color again if I ever ran out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2008 5:54:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous peacock blue! This is a lovely shade that has haunted me since I laid eyes (no pun intended) on it and very true to the Paint Pot line. I lucked out and found this at a CCO for about $12, so I *had* to have it.

The color is lovely. It's a deep teal blue that really enhances shadows in the same family (Shimmermoss, Clarity) but looks good on its own as well. It's a little much for weekday wear (I'm in a conservative field), but is rather a fun color that I use on weekends/nights--occasionally I'll wear it to work, but in moderation. It's definitely on the warm side of blue, so it's not my favorite color on me (I'm NW20), but I can still pull it off.

The texture is pretty similar to other PPs, but I have noticed it creases a little on me. That's no problem when I apply it over UDPP, though.

Honestly, for someone who knows and loves PPs this is worth a look, but those looking to dive into the PP line should probably stick to neutrals like Painterly or Bare Study before trying this one. I'm glad I found it at the CCO, and in the unlikely event I finish this (you get a lot of product in that pot!), I would repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2008 2:50:00 PM More reviews by SabrinaP

Love this paint pot! Though it does tend to go on unevenly, with a little owrk it is fab as a base. I can use all of my blue/turquise, etc shadows with gorgeous results. I've worn it with MAC prose and fancy, zonk bleu, and a blue HIP duo. Each time, I was given multiple compliments!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2008 7:29:00 PM More reviews by skelterhelter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

While this is a gorgeous shade (similar to peacock feathers), I cannot get over how DRY the texture is! Does anyone else have this problem? I don't know if it's just my particular paint pot, but I find my Delft is hard to blend and quite dry. Rubenesque never gives me this problem *sigh* It sucks because I really LOVE this color. SEA ME shadestick is pretty much an exact dupe, though, so you may have better luck with that one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2008 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Jackie0219

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this beautiful peacock-teal shade!!! I wore it to work today and much to my surprise, it looks lovely even in broad daylight...I started with moisturized lids, dabbed on Paint Pot/Bare Study from lashline to browbone, dabbed on Delft from lashline to slightly above the crease and smoothed it out with Nylon.. Then I added some gold eyeliner to the inner corner of my eyes and shimmery brown pencil eyeliner to my lower lashline and inner rim for a little more drama...the end result: gorgeous! I'm currently at my desk at work researching more techniques on how to apply Paint Pot shades lol!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2008 10:59:00 PM More reviews by vandael

My love for paint pots keep growing and growing. I find myself continually turning to them because of the their spreading/building consistency and staying power. Delft is beyond gorgeous: deep teal with gold pearl. I tend to prefer products with gold undertones or flecks because I think they complement my skin tone very well. I am an NC40, Asian tanned, with very dark brown hair and eyes. Delft does a great job of drawing attention to my eye color and really making them pop. It is a little too dramatic for daytime, so to dress it down I often use it as an eyeliner or lightly smudge it on my lower lid. But when the occasion arises, I definitely turn this beautiful pot for a night-time look and I get soooo many compliments. The only downside to paint pots is their tendency to dry out from frequent air exposure. To combat that, I scoop them into sample jars and it makes the product last a lot longer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2008 3:52:00 PM More reviews by oneclassy_broad

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It dosent go on the color in the jar unfortuently. it goes on a more blackend teal with gold/silver shimmer. Goes on smooth and dries really nice.