Clinique Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss in Currant

4.4

on 8/5/2008 2:47:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have been using the Grapefruit superbalm for a while, and Grape was my favorite before they reformulated it. I just got Currant the other day, and I LOVE it! I think Grapefruit will be my go to, everyday gloss, but Currant is great for that hint of color. Like all superbalms, it is not sticky, it is the perfect amount of shine, and it is super moisturizing.

on 7/8/2008 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I love SUPERBALM, theyíre one of my new obsessions! You get a nice glossy colour and fab moisturizing benefits in one product.

The colour is sheer & not very sticky. CURRANT is a nice, medium red/purple shade. Itís not too bright & as itís sheer you donít have to be too brave to wear it.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this lip gloss. It is just the right texture. The length of stay is great.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I haven't tried the superbalms since they've been reformulated but am very glad that I picked this one up. These balms have a great texture and are really moisturzing. I have pretty full lips and they get dried out really easily so if the balms are moisturizing then that's impressive because to date, the only other gloss/balm I use that is adequately moisturizing is Lipfusion's gloss.

Staying power is adequate. Nothing to write home about but it's a balm/gloss so I'm not expecting to not have to reapply this stuff a couple times throughout the day or after I've eaten.

The currant color is really pretty. It supposedly has a purple undertone to it according to the Clinique website but I find it's more a berry undertone than a wine one. It's very natural looking since it's not opaque. Love it, will be buying more colors soon.

on 6/8/2008 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this lip gloss/balm! I use it solely as a balm. For me, there's no need to use one underneath. The best thing about it is 1) the tube packaging (it won't melt in a hot car like balms in pots) and 2) it's stickier than regular balms. The extra stickiness is exactly what makes it last longer than regular balms.

Regarding the color, I'm Asian with light skintone, and it's the perfect medium pink shade that goes with everything. It's a perfect day shade with a good amount of shine. I also find myself reaching for it for night, too; it's that versatile.

The price is reasonable considering how long it lasts. This product is the perfect compromise between gloss and balm.

on 5/26/2008 9:19:00 PM

I got this as a sample and simply love it. It gives a beautiful glassy shine. Currant on my lips looks really naturally with a hint of plum. I add a little dab of Myriade glossimer on top of the sparkle. It does not peel my lips at all. Its slightly sticky but I don't mind that at all. The glosses don't really stay on for too long, perhaps after a few drinks of water but I don't mind slicking it on frequently.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I got a sample of this and i absolutley love it! It looks so good on me! I am FFF with dark hair brown eyes and NW20 skin mac. I will be buying a bigger size soon!

on 4/2/2008 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Great for everyday wear. Stays on a long time! Not my HG, but that's because it is just an everyday lipgloss.

on 3/22/2008 7:55:00 PM

Love these Superbalms! I love all the colors but Currant is very very pretty!

on 3/4/2008 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i like the fact this doesn't have any type of "wand" applicator, but a tube with a slanted top. the color i chose,currant, is a deep plummy pink. i am fair/med with slight yellow undertones, dark hair/eyes and it looks great over any lipstick. the formula is moisturizing and lovely. lasts a decent amount of time too on the lips. i like clinique glosses a lot! oh and not any shimmer that i notice, but still very pretty. EDIT i loooove superbalms!! if they quit making this i'll write such hate mail they will have to bring it back just to make me stop annoying them! haha. i wear this all the time. like 24/7. at night i throw some on before bed and my lips are great in the am. my lips are not chapped at all anymore since i've been using this. i'm going to add another color to my collection soon!

Recommended for Medium Skin