October 25, 2014 | 1595 users online

Lip Gloss - Clinique - Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss in Currant

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2008 12:04:00 AM More reviews by SoapySaffy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this. When I first put it on after purchasing I realized how much I don't like scented/flavored lipglosses. Okay, that's not totally true, I don't mind natural scented glosses like Aromaleigh glosses or MAC's vanilla scent but anything other than that drive me nuts.
Anyway, I love, love love this. I have almost no natural pigment to my lips. When I put this on its looks like I have lovely naturally pigmented lips with a nice clear gloss.
There is very little color but just enough. The glossiness is perfect. It really surprises me how long-lasting it is with being just the slighest bit sticky. I think that Clinique got the balance of long-lasting/stickness factor perfectly.
I have very dry lips and this has really helped them. I constantly have lip balm on and this actually helps with the dryness.
This is a fabulous product and I really impressed with it.

UPDATE: I love this gloss more everyday!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2008 2:47:00 PM More reviews by nance8979

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using the Grapefruit superbalm for a while, and Grape was my favorite before they reformulated it. I just got Currant the other day, and I LOVE it! I think Grapefruit will be my go to, everyday gloss, but Currant is great for that hint of color. Like all superbalms, it is not sticky, it is the perfect amount of shine, and it is super moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 12:04:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love SUPERBALM, theyíre one of my new obsessions! You get a nice glossy colour and fab moisturizing benefits in one product.

The colour is sheer & not very sticky. CURRANT is a nice, medium red/purple shade. Itís not too bright & as itís sheer you donít have to be too brave to wear it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2008 5:23:00 PM More reviews by delta69purple

I love this lip gloss. It is just the right texture. The length of stay is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2008 1:53:00 AM More reviews by jenniferashton

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I haven't tried the superbalms since they've been reformulated but am very glad that I picked this one up. These balms have a great texture and are really moisturzing. I have pretty full lips and they get dried out really easily so if the balms are moisturizing then that's impressive because to date, the only other gloss/balm I use that is adequately moisturizing is Lipfusion's gloss.

Staying power is adequate. Nothing to write home about but it's a balm/gloss so I'm not expecting to not have to reapply this stuff a couple times throughout the day or after I've eaten.

The currant color is really pretty. It supposedly has a purple undertone to it according to the Clinique website but I find it's more a berry undertone than a wine one. It's very natural looking since it's not opaque. Love it, will be buying more colors soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2008 5:53:00 PM More reviews by ey

I love this lip gloss/balm! I use it solely as a balm. For me, there's no need to use one underneath. The best thing about it is 1) the tube packaging (it won't melt in a hot car like balms in pots) and 2) it's stickier than regular balms. The extra stickiness is exactly what makes it last longer than regular balms.

Regarding the color, I'm Asian with light skintone, and it's the perfect medium pink shade that goes with everything. It's a perfect day shade with a good amount of shine. I also find myself reaching for it for night, too; it's that versatile.

The price is reasonable considering how long it lasts. This product is the perfect compromise between gloss and balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2008 9:19:00 PM More reviews by mjacqueline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample and simply love it. It gives a beautiful glassy shine. Currant on my lips looks really naturally with a hint of plum. I add a little dab of Myriade glossimer on top of the sparkle. It does not peel my lips at all. Its slightly sticky but I don't mind that at all. The glosses don't really stay on for too long, perhaps after a few drinks of water but I don't mind slicking it on frequently.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2008 12:32:00 PM More reviews by oneclassy_broad

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this and i absolutley love it! It looks so good on me! I am FFF with dark hair brown eyes and NW20 skin mac. I will be buying a bigger size soon!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2008 10:56:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great for everyday wear. Stays on a long time! Not my HG, but that's because it is just an everyday lipgloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2008 7:55:00 PM More reviews by angels2919

Love these Superbalms! I love all the colors but Currant is very very pretty!