September 30, 2014 | 1690 users online

Eyes - MAC - Paint Pot in Rubenesque

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

Beautiful color, but I find it doesn't translate to the lid when applied. not sure if mine is just old, but it applies a bit cakey and streaky and loses the duo-chrominess. I like to use it layered under pinks and golds. Lasts a long time and doesn't crease. Dries out very quickly though.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Sammyds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Initial worries were the comments about it spreading too thinly, and the colour pay-off wasn't fantastic. But after a couple of months of using this guy, it has now made the list of My Handbag Essentials.

Colour: Soft peach with golden sheen.
Consistency: Buttery and spreads thinly, with a powdery finish. Love that it doesn't clump around dry patches.

Why I love it so much-
A tiny bit of this gorgeous, versatile product goes a long way! I use this as an eye primer (of course), but also as a highlight; dab on my lips, down my nose and the top of my cheekbones before I powder my face.

It makes my skin look incredibly dewy and radiant! Especially in winter, when my tan has bid me adieu and left me looking washed out, with dry patches, looking miserable and sickly- I'm not cut out for this winter crap. *sigh* BUT with my new found love, it has given me a breath of life back into my winter-coat.
With the hint of healthy colour and the golden sheen (NOT glitter! I can't stress this selling-point enough), it makes me look like I've hit the gym, had a bottle of water and a wheatgrass shot this morning instead of my usual 2 gallons of coffee.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

MAC paint pots are so hit and miss for me. I really wanted to love this product as it is such s beautiful, unique color when swatched on my arm. But as soon as I put it on my eyelid to blend it out, it just dissapears! It leaves a faint gold glitter behind but not the gorgeous rosey gold color like in the pot. Even when layered, it still doesn't show up as more than a bit of glitter.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Saibachick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The color of this paint pot is just gorgeous! Whole reason why I got it really and was surprised (because I've never used a paint pot, let alone MAC) at the way it applies. Goes on smoothly like butter. I've had no problems with it applying patchy. The color is amazing in the pot and out. I would definitely buy again, but I don't see myself running out of this anytime soon XD there's a LOT of product here, another plus.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Smeadors

I've noticed that some reviewers say this applies patchy, but I've never had that problem. I always use TFSI first, then two THIN layers of Rubenesque, and I've never had a problem! Looks lovely all by itself on my brown eyes, or makes an awesome base for orange, peachy-pink (like MAC Expensive Pink), or melon colored shadows!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this is a beautiful color on it's own, it's not a primer like Painterly, for green eyes. It is Bare Study but strong peach, not dark just peach, instead of champagne as Bare Study. I am suprised it does not have better reveiws. Its MUCH lighter than pictures show on the computer screen and it is not at all glittery but certainly not matte. Just on the lid is perfect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love MAC's Paint Pots, and I tend to use them as a shadow more so than as a base for other shadows. Rubenesque has an orangey, golden color to it which is perfectly suited for warm-toned people. This has good staying power, if used with a primer. A perfect dupe for it in another line is Urban Decay's X eyeshadow. Although X comes in loose pigment and pressed shadow form, it is identical to this color.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by cmannequin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a beautiful pink golden peach color in the pot. On my NC20-25 asian skin tone it transfers more golden and can sometimes look a tad too orangey during the winter when I don't have a tan. However I tend to wear this in the summer and it looks amazing! Beautiful consistency and is very creamy. Has golden shimmer throughout it and is sheer, but can be built up a bit. I prefer to wear this alone or layered under eyeshadows. Either way though you definitely need a primer under this because it creased on me within 3 hours. Then again all of the Mac pain pots do, and I do not have oily lids. UDPP alone will keep my eyeshadows from creasing. Eyeshadows are relatively easy to blend over this. Has lasted me a long time and I still have a lot of product left. Overall a great product and a definite repurchase! Spring/summer is almost here in SoCal and I can't wai to bust this out again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2012 5:24:00 AM More reviews by Kiruby82

I was so excited to try out this product. I even checked reviews and swatches before purchasing it. At the MAC store, a very kind MUA swatched it on the back of my hand and i was totally sold in 1 sec... i bought it. As soon as i got home i decided to apply some of that beauty on my eyes. But alas...! The consistency was a bit weird... or should i say tricky? The product didn't seem even at all, it also looked patchy and flaky. So i decided to use a brush instead of my fingers... to come out with the same result. Then i decided to use a spongetip aplicator... same result. Then i decided to follow a tip i read somewhere about this paintpot... which basically is layering the product... to wait for each layer to set and then to go over it again. Sadly i got the same result but now with better color payoff, however the flaking effect was even more noticeable which also made my upper eyelids look kinda old and wrinkly!!!! Sigh... the product in the pot looks so gorgeous, i really wanted it to work but it did not... no matter how i tried to use it. And well, to be honest, for a product above 15 dls i am expecting it to work as it is intended to. Not to use a million tricks to make it work.
In the end i exchanged it for a Fix + and i went back home happier but still letting out a sigh about that beauty that looked too good to be true :( I am giving it 2 lippies because of the packaging and the color itself, but those are the only good things about it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

As the other reviewers have mentioned, this is absolutely gorgeous in the pot, its a golden pinky/peach color. The color reminds me a lot of Nars' orgasm lipgloss and blush. On my lids, its a pretty golden tint with hints of pink. I love the paint pot formulation for its staying power and its defence against creasing. I can see this color as working really well with tanned and warm toned skin. I wore this often with Cover Girls' country woods eyeshadows and it looked great, and changed the depth of rubenesque. Noting other review's advise about these drying out, I'm keeping them upside down in my organizer.