Tarte Cheek Stain in Blissful

4.7

Propylene glycol, water/aqua/eau, nonyl nonoxynol-150, glycerin, sodium stearate, laureth-23, parfum/fragrance, mica, citral, citronellol, linalool, stearic acid, PVP, tin oxide, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), red 40 (CI 16035), iron oxides (CI 77491), yellow 5 (CI 19140), red 33 (CI 17200).

on 3/29/2011 12:18:00 AM

After travelling with this carefully packed in my suitcase, one side developed an enormous crack down the length of the container, excluding the lid. I find the blush has dried out much more as a result. For USD 32.00, I'd prefer a stronger container, as this blush could easily leak.
This product will last a long time in the bottle as I only need apply very little.
It is, however, kind of difficult to get a natural blush streak with this.
I still like its fragrance and the method of application is still so novel, that I am able to overlook the shortcomings discussed above. May try a redder version in the future.

on 3/14/2011 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Beautiful peachy-pink glow, but in cheekstain form! This color is not far off from NARS Orgasm, which there are now many copycats of, so not a difficult color to find, but all in powder form, until Blissful! I love this color so much, it's unbelievably pretty and flattering, and I love Tarte Cheekstains. I have extremely dry skin and powders never look right on me, but Tarte's stains always look lovely and last all day.

on 2/28/2011 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

$30 in my opinion is quite expensive, but it's definitely worth the splurge. Love the peachy, coral flush it gives to my cheeks. It is not shimmery, and it gives off a dewy, flushed look if applied well. Also, the thing with gel cheek stains is that they look a lot more natural than the powder blushes. However, if you have scars and have already applied moisturizer, primer, foundation etc... it sometimes makes the scars more visible. Overall, awesome product. It's definitely a staple in my make-up collection. ***Some Tarte cheek stains are too shimmery or dry up quickly. This one stays pretty moist : )

on 2/5/2011 11:48:00 PM

Great color. No shimmer at all, which makes it a prefect match for my skin when it's naturally flushed. The price is more than I have ever paid for blush. However, it's lasted me over a year.

on 1/21/2011 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE Tarte's cheek stains! Especially the color Blissful---a gorgeous peachy pink that gives you that great, natural glow. (Just a note: you can't really judge these stains by the color of the tube it comes in...and don't be scared by the intense color of the stain in the tube!) Tarte's cheek stain was the first non-powder blush I had ever used. I was always afraid to use a non-powder blush for fear that it would make me break out, but this stain has worked wonderfully and is all I seem to use now! After applying my foundation (Tarte Smooth Operator TM), I just dab this stain onto my cheeks. Dabbing the product on seems to give me more control of the intensity compared to just swiping it on. Then I just wait a few seconds for the stain to set and then apply a light dusting of powder all over. It only takes a little to get great color, which is why I can justify spending so much on it....it should last a long time since you get so much product. And the color lasts all day, so I definitely think it's worth the price.

on 10/12/2010 7:43:00 AM

I bought this product because of the great reviews on this site. I purchased it off ebay for about $30 AUD which is pretty amazing in my opinion, as I have no doubt it will last me just about forever with daily use considering how little I need and how big the package is! I was a bit sceptical about whether this would work over foundation without wiping it off or making it smudge. However, I was pleased that this went on both Estee Lauder camouflage makeup and Estee Lauder double wear without affecting their application. I start with my foundation, add a light covering of mac matte bronze all over and then apply this lightly by wiping my finger onto the product and then tapping it into the apples of my cheeks. I find if I smile and the apply it only on the bottom half of my cheeks above the smile it looks best without being too glossy or greasy. Like others have said, it might look a bit streaky at first but after about 30 seconds it sinks evenly into the skin, taking the tacky feeling with it. Over-all I love this stuff and will keep buying it! I'd like to try all the colours but don't know if I will considering how perfect this shade is for my light olive skin.

on 10/7/2010 11:18:00 PM

I was a little hesitant to say that i'd buy this product again, because in Canada, at sephora it's a WHOPPING 40$ PLUS TAX...which comes to about 44$....now being a student and everything that really takes a huge chunk out of my wallet. HOWEVER, the good news is that, this color is soooooo gorgeous and i love it so much! I was looking for a new blush since forever because i'm really scared to try something new out of my usually makeup regimen because i have superbly bad skin (scars, acne, huge pores, deep scars, oily). SO...i heard tons of amazing reviews, so i had to try this out! Firstly, i spent like 20 minutes standing at hte Tarte section at Sephora, because i didnt know whether to choose BLISSFUL or TIPSY...but because the reviews for blissful promised a peachy pink color, i just went with blissful. It's a little misleading because the color packaging and the blush itself for Blissful, is farrrrrr from how the color actually looks like. It really resembles Tipsy. I decided not to choose tipsy just because when i tried the sampler there was soooo much shimmer in it and i really didn't want anything that would irritate my skin...NEHOO, i applied this at home and it's really scary looking at first because it's all concentrated and blotchy! But i promise if you wait 10 seconds, it'll all evenly blend out! All my friends think that my blush looks really natural too coz apparently the blush is supposed to sink into ur skin or something...i have no clue. The color, itself, is really really flattering on my yellow undertone asian skin. If you have yellow-y undertones this is great for u! As well, the staying power is AMAAAAAZINGGG, i still have it on by the end of 8hours, and still really bright and vibrant too! The best thing is that this blush is totally layerable! So u can go as peachy as you want! I'm gonna take one lippy off coz it really was EXPENSIVE AS HELL in canada.....!

on 9/8/2010 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Gorgeous color - it gives my skin this totally natural pinky-peach glow. I found it easy to blend in, and I was able to achieve everything from a very sheer layer to a stronger cheek look. It does have a fairly strong scent (it smells like lemon candy, like lemon Starbursts or lemonheads), but I didn't notice it after I'd applied. It also made my skin feel super soft, an added bonus.

It's a big messy to use if you're going to use your fingers to blend it out (1 lippie off!). But it does blend easily and looks much more natural than powder blush. The color was a great match for my skin (think asian skin, pale with yellow undertones). I like how it's not shimmery AT ALL, it's just a nice pink glow on your cheeks. And the color is definitely buildable. It's a little sticky when you apply it (which was initially a nightmare for long-haired gals like me), but that goes away once it dries. It's a good product but the price is a bit steep; I'd definitely pick up another color when there's another sale.

UPDATE: I never reach for it. I prefer Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Blush (peach satin).

on 8/11/2010 11:06:00 PM

I had been eyeing these cheek stains for a very long time but was never willing to shell out the money until the F&F sale recently. I wish I had bought these sooner! First of all, I love the color. I'm an NC35ish and I just love how this brightens up my face. It goes on smoothly but I find that I do have to blend pretty quickly. Once it sets, it's on all day. At first I didn't think I'd like it cuz it felt kind of sticky on the skin. But it did dry a few moments later. I have tried this on my lips and although I love how it looks, I hate the initial taste. The taste does go away after it dries though. I guess it is worth the price considering this will last me FOREVER. Definitely will give these a try in a different color, maybe Blushing Bride next.