July 29, 2014 | 1543 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by KB333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This has so far been my HG primer! It makes my eyeshadows look so beautiful. I never have a problem with creasing and my shadows last all day long! I'm also able to get true pigmentation out of my colors. LOVE IT!

Check out my review at youtube.com/xoKEEBUUxo

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by MrsBaddieBrown

I brought this product by accident and decided to keep it. I like it but I don't love it. It does crease on me at times but not with every use. I do grab for other bases depending on the time of day and how long I will be out. I also use it as a base and on my lips when I have nudes I really wanna bring out.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Daisibear

I like the color. I just don't think it works that well. I used it with Mac shadows and it still creased. I tried it for several weeks with different color and different finish shadows, tried applying a thinner layer and it still creased. I love Mac just not the paint pot. I do use the paint in untitled. Definitely a must try if the paint pot doesn't work for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used this paint pot as a primer for years. It's a flesh toned cream eyeshadow base/eyeshadow primer. I have dry eyelids and it's a little thick, so I put it on with my finger. You only need a small amount. You have to make sure you put the lid on as soon as you get out the product, or it will dry up really fast. I don't use this by itself, I feel like it isn't enough. I put my UDPP on first, then this. I use the UDPP to prevent creasing, and Painterly to help the eyeshadow stay on all day. It's a really good combo.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by sophiedecay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Works great as a eye primer or just as a everyday shade. I like that it doesnt have shimmers and blends well. It is a bit dark and pinkish tone for me. I think it work great for fair skin tones. I would try soft ochre next!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2014 4:49:00 AM More reviews by creamdeviolet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

nice pink tone for cool undertone people, however it sometimes look to dark for my nw10 skin. It dried out too quickly, and for oily eyelid it can not keep shadow more than 6-7hr

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by ajewelofgod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

To be a little expensive for a eye primer it's really worth it because a very little goes a long way. It's true when its says long-wear. It last the entire time. I just use olive oil to remove my eye makeup. Very nice base color for all type of shadows whether its matte, shimmery, glittery or buttery. Glides over this eye base like nothing. I'd say maybe in 2 years this will be ready to be repurchased. Just bought it 2 days ago and I'm enjoying this far.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Texas22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS STUFF. I will continue buying forever, for a primer and/or a matte base color. I've used other brands and they are goopy and harder to control. This stuff is smooth and goes on like butter. Super easy to control and I just smudge it on with my finger. It's a bit pricey, but I've had the same pot for like 9 months, I use it every day, and I'm just now seeing a good sized indention. I want to try other colors now!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2013 7:56:00 AM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

While the color is very nice, I would not advise to use it as a eyeshadow primer. I constantly do the same mistake: apply it as an eyeshadow base. I like that it evens out my eyelid color. Sadly by the end of the day, since my eyelids are on the oily side, the Paint Pot melts away completely. It may be a good primer for some, but I would rather consider putting another primer beneath the Paint Pot.
I would by it again since I like the consistency, idea and color.
As a primer, I use UDPP - and this one works like a charm. Colors stay true and strong until you clean your makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Mizemma