MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is easily in my top 10 MAC products. I use several of the Paint Pot shades and find them better than any other eye base that I've tried. Painterly is my most used and most repurchased Paint Pot shade.

Painterly Paint Pot is a cool-toned creme-finished nude cream eye shadow that works as a base for power eye shadows. It has incredible staying power and give great vibrancy to whatever you layer over the top. Painterly also is very opaque and easily blanks out any redness or discolouration on the eyelid, giving your eye shadows a smoother and more even appearance.

Have gone through several pots of this product and will continue to repurchase.

on 10/2/2014 4:34:00 AM

I originally bought this after seeing many, many YouTubers use paint pots in their videos, but as it retails for over $30 here in Australia I was very hesitant to buy it.. However, I'm so glad I did!! I have extremely oily eyelids, to the point where I have to wipe my finger over them to rid the excess oil before even applying this (grooosss, I know) but this is a dream. I've only tried two other eyelid primers - the NYX Eyeshadow Base and the Australis one - and neither of them worked for me. This, however, holds up so amazingly - I can get through a 10 hour shift at Maccas with only a tiny bit of creasing! Even lower quality eyeshadows appear vibrant and stay on well, and the product is opaque and creamy enough to cancel out all the pigmentation on my eyelids.

The other thing I love about this is that although it is quite expensive, the product will last you forever. I lost my first one after over a year of having it (I somehow managed to accidentally throw it in the rubbish, I'm still annoyed) and I had still barely used a tenth, and that was using it at least 3-4 days a week. I tried the two alternatives listed above, but it was no cigar - I had to repurchase this and do not regret it! This is almost HG, except I find that if I do not wait long enough before applying eyeshadow it can cause some problems with blending - but that's more my fault than anything!

on 9/28/2014 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love this color for my blue eyes. I actually got a compliment the last time I wore it out, that my eyes looked really blue. I top it off with MAC blacktrack gel liner and I'm good to go on my eyes. I would recommend this product and I think it is good value considering these paint pots last forever.

on 9/23/2014 2:02:00 PM

I simply love this product. My eyeshadows last forever with it and I have pretty oily eyelids. It may be a bit pricy but it lasts forever. I have this for over one year and wear it almost everyday and it still hasn't finished yet. LOVE IT

on 9/18/2014 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Took me a long time to try this, mostly because I hate to go to the Mac counter- always feel a bit out of my depth and intimidated for some reason. But this stuff is great! It goes on like silk with my ring-fingertip, blends perfectly to cover my dark, scarred eyelids (I had shingles a couple of years ago) and makes shadows last all day and stay true. This has replaced all the other primers in tubes in my makeup drawer- I want to try a couple of other shades now, but think I'll wait as they're a little spendy.

on 9/18/2014 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I cant believe its taken me so long to buy this product after so many people have said its a great bare colour but also a great base/fixer. And its exactly those 2 things. For those fairer skinned folk, this is a great bare colour for effortless days or just to get a really good one tone eyelid.

Its also a great foundation/base/primer for adding colour on top.

Painterly really is the HG isnt it. It glides on effortlessly & stays where you put it. No odour, no hassle. Its the perfect non-colour.

Highly recommend. Im using this every day now that I have it. I dont think I'll ever buy another primer.

on 9/8/2014 10:53:00 AM

The MAC makeup artists recommended this product to me for years before I finally decided to try it. Overall, I'm glad to have it in my makeup stash. It's not going to wow you for being a beautiful color that adds interest to a look, but for fair skinned girls it does blend into my skin tone beautifully. It really looks as though I have no makeup on at all which is nice on low key days. The texture for me was nice and creamy. It blended well, didn't crease, and lasted all day. I have also used it as an eyeshadow base and it worked well for that too. For reference on skin tone I use Lancôme Teint Idole 24 hour in Ivoire 110c or Tarte Amazonian clay in light beige. Also, I apply my shadows wet with fix+ spray.

on 8/21/2014 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am so pleased with hear paint pots! I thought since they are for long wear and are budge proof they would be crazy dry and drag on the skin, definitely not! They are solo creamy and they do need to be left to dry, exceptional product from mac! I bought this as a sort of eye base to even out my discolourations and prime for powder eye shadow, I am so pleased!

on 8/12/2014 7:03:00 AM

First off, I love the packing. Mac's packaging is usually messy and wasteful (I'm looking at you, foundation) but I love the paint pots. Unfortunately, I bought this to even out my eyelids and use it as a primer so my eyeliner won't crease. I guess it's made specifically as a primer for eye shadow because on my hooded lids my eyeliner creases with this stuff after 5 or so minutes. I've used this two days in a row, and thought the first day was a fluke as I was out in the rain a lot, but for this second day I just put it on and I'm still inside and I'm already having some creasing. Will not buy this product again.

on 8/4/2014 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this paint pot!!! I put it as a lid primer and it makes my eyeshadows look opaque and last all day long :) It fits my pink undertones. Soft Ochre is for yellow undertones and painterly is for pink undertones. I like the matt texture.