October 24, 2014 | 1041 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Indianwood

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by AriSatomi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I know that this is a popular PP because it is creamy, blendable and long-lasting, but my problem with it is that it turns bright orange on my lids with a sheer layer of golden shimmer. I love the fact that it is so creamy and creaseproof at the same time, and I wish all of my PPs had this one's texture, but the color is just so wrong on me. If you want a less warm brown, try Constructivist. It's red based and darker, but sheered out, it gives me the effect I wanted from Indianwood. I will not repurchase and I do not reccomend this shade to people that are lighter than NC/NW30. I am a NC23 if that existed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 7:27:00 AM More reviews by Niceasdoxie

Indianwood is a nice brownish old gold shade. Better to say, bronze shade. Goes well with the 239-alike brush, even don't try to put it in the crease with your fingers or something. The cutest way of use it to accentuate cold blue eyes: put sparkly champaign colored paint pot (like Chilled on ice) to the all lid and higher up to the browbone, then take the Indianwood with the flat e/s brush and put it on outer "v" and pull it to the crease. Worth it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by HIYELLOW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pure gold shimmer on my GGG eyelids. This is a nice paint pot. It is smooth and creamy. It is very gold. It's not orange gold but more white and yellow gold with no hints of rose or pink which I like. It stands out just barely on my eyelids b/c it is almost the same color but it has shimmer. It's great under MAC gold mine as well as pigments like Melon and Sumptuous Olive. Indianwood still shows up under those pigments which I found interesting.

I store these (paintpots) upside down to keep them creamy b/c I have had a couple dry out and become rubbery.

EDIT: 1/12/14: This PP is pretty amazing. i put it on without a base or other color. It looks as if I applied two or three colors. On my lid it is metallic gold, but as it spreads out to the corners it looks brown as if I added a shade or contour color. Awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by jean9weg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a blue eyed girl's best friend. So easy to make my eyes stand out. Just a quick wash with Indianwood on my lids, some mascara and on my lazy days, that's it! It is so gorgeous, like a burnished dark gold. Not frosty, not glittery, but light reflective and pearly. One of my must have products!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by pictureperfect09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect shimmery gold on my caramel skin. As with all paint pots, it lasts extremely well and has wonderful pigment. It works well alone or as a base (especially nice for an everyday look). This pot is an easy way to have captivating eyes. When I just want to brighten up my lids and run out the door, this is what I grab.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Marissa83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite paint pot out of the ones that I own (Painterly, Bare Study, Rubenesque). It's such a pretty colour, a cool goldy brown that shows up with NO orange on me! The texture is beautiful and on me this doesn't crease. I usually pair it with Rubenesque (Rubenesque all over and Indianwood on eye lid)... but I really want to try this with sumptuous olive over the top.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2011 10:00:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I just bought this a couple of days ago after deciding to buy another MAC Paint Pot because I was really, really satisfied with my Rubenesque Paint Pot. I use this as a regular shadow though, unlike my Rubenesque which I use as an eyeshadow primer, I use Indianwood as an eyeshadow. I'm actually at a phase where I just use Rubenesque as a highlight and this as an all over lid color and I think I'll be sticking to this routine for a really long time because it literally takes seconds to put on and the colors themselves are so blendable, so vibrant, and so long lasting, that I hardly touch my regular shadows anymore. MAC Paint Pots are actually one of the brand's most indispensable products. I don't think any of them will be any disappointment, mos especially these more neutral colors that you can use at an everyday basis. Plus the product themselves last quite a really long time too! I have friends who use their paint pots every single day and barely had any dent on their pots after years. Definitely recommend it for anyone looking for a long lasting primer and eye shadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by LiliRoseVoice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this a few weeks ago together with a few other thing at my local mac shop. I love how easy it is to apply: I usually either use my fingers or a stiffer eyeshadow brush. It works well as a base for my gold, brown, bronze eyeshadows, and also with my purples and greens. It also is quite nice on its own as a wash, although it lacks dimension. I'm quite pale and neutral and it dows not look orange or harsh on me. The price is ok considering it will take me quite a long time to finish. The packaging feels quite sturdy, even though it is glass, it looks like it wouldn't smash easily. I took off a mark because it does start creasing after 5/6 hours: I hoped it would last longer.
Happy with my purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2011 11:52:00 AM More reviews by purdy501

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty much love this color and formula. I use this in combination with L'oreal's Gilded Bronze eyeshadow. The paint pot makes my eyeshadow last three times longer and with truer color. Happy to have finally given paint pots a go.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

'Indianwood' is a warm bronze gold, when built up appears as more of a true gold.
there are a billion ways to use paint pots, so i will just share how i use mine at the moment. i apply this all over my eyelid with a flat dense brush, then i quickly use my ring finger to blend it up to my brownbone (but not all the way up to my eyebrows like i do with 'Bare Study'). then i take my brush, and apply more to my eyelid as to make the gold appear more. then i take MAC's 'Phloof!' eyeshadow and apply it to my inner corners and under my browbone. i find this a nice lazy but brightening look, and i don't even have to use a darker colour in the crease unless i really want to. this saves me time in the morning and i have recieved compliments on this as well.
'Indianwood' is a really beautiful colour. it isn't shimmery or sparkly, but is more of that satin metallic shine. i requested this from my sister as a birthday gift, and she thought it was so pretty, that she got one for herself too!
would buy again for sure.