April 20, 2014 | 956 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Peppermint Castille Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by ironicsymphonic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my everything product - hand soap, body wash and shaving gel are my favorite uses. I've used it on my face and in my hair in a pinch. I've also tried it as toothpaste, and it does work but tastes a bit soapy so I would only do so again in a bind. I love the cooling, lingering peppermint scent - very refreshing and soothing at any time of day. A big bottle of this stuff looks expensive, but I've had mine for seven months now and still estimate another month or two before I need a new bottle - and that's with use multiple times daily - so I'd say the price is great for what you get. A little of this stuff goes a looooong way. It's also all natural and not tested on animals. Score? I think so.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Awesome stuff, just bought my 3' rd bottle...that' s something right! Have heard this brand being mentioned on the boards here but never thought too much of it. One day I was randomly browsing for KP cures and saw that this body wash was recommended by someone who said it helped in reducing her KP, instantly it clicked and I thought why not give it a try. I Have been using it since then along with my trusty Salux cloth. Have seen a big improvement, I will not say it completely cured my KP..the bumps have visibly reduced and do have a long way to go. Well the peppermint scent is not my absolute favorite but it has grown on me. Far less drying than the soaps I have used except for the goatmilk soaps they are an exception and also expensive.Will continue to use this till I find a much better alternative.
Update** Staple 6 bottle and counting!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Tbelle83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Have used this as a body wash, nice and refreshing. Suds ok, I used it undiluted. I imagine it would be drying to use every day so I alternate it with a moisturizing body wash. I also clean my tub with it while in the shower, works great! Tried it as a shampoo today (undiluted) great lather. However the underside of my hair feels stringy, maybe I didn't was it out well enough. I'll try it again sometime. Left residue on dishes, so I won't use it for that again.... Lastly today I thought "what the heck" and tried it as a toothpaste. NEVER AGAIN! One drop gave great lather, but taste Terrible! I can now add one other use for this soap, diet aide. I'm sick to my stomach and never want to eat again. This is a great camp soap, lots of uses!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by sootemup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

If there's one thing I want to say about this product, it's that it is really, ridiculously good at cutting through oils. I tend to use it undiluted in my hair when it's feeling too oily, and as far as I can tell it pretty much strips all the oils and gunk out. And then all the moisturizing stuff in my regular normal use shampoo/conditioners can soak in afterward, or so I like to think. Hey, my hair is nice and soft and untangled, so I figure my process is working. I also find it fairly effective as a body wash. It makes me skin FEEL clean after using it. No residue at all, and I never need to use much of it.

Lathers fairly decently as long as you mix it with enough water, and I like the tingle of the peppermint. But yeah, fair warning, it's definitely not something you want to use alone on your hair/skin. It is drying on its lonesome. But as preparation for moisturizing, to make sure you're clean? It's pretty great.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by GoldTeef

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was compelled to buy this after watching a documentary about it on Netflix. Escape from a mental institution? Crazy religious propaganda? Count me in! I'm not religious in the slightest, but I like seeing Dr. Bronner's wacky ass ramblings all over the bottle. It's a nice deviation from the norm (it's not a bad philosophy, either). It's also a product that weighs less heavily on the consumer conscience, as it's organic and fair trade and not tested on animals and all that good stuff.

I have a slight obsession with peppermint, so this product is pretty dear to my heart. I primarily use it to wash my body and hair, but occasionally use it on my face as well, with no ill effects (it does a pretty good job of removing makeup, actually). It's SO frickin refreshing that I always inadvertently end up making creepy sounds of enjoyment in the shower. And after a workout? Giiiirl, please. Best thing ever.

I was worried that it would be drying, especially used as shampoo, but it's very gentle and lathers well. I love using it on my hair - mine is thin and flat and blah, and this gives it some texture and body without feeling gross.I follow up with whatever conditioner I feel like using and my hair looks awesome (relatively speaking, anyway). Consider me a convert - I am now one of Dr. Bronner's devoted followers. ALL-ONE! ALL-ONE! *cackles maniacally*

27 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's perfect for really hot and humid climates that make you feel warm and get you sweating the minute you step out of the shower. Peppermint is a natural refrigerant, so it keeps the body really cool. Lathers nicely, cleans very well and smells super fresh.

Plus it's fairly traded and all natural without the dirty dozen ingredients!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

This was my first Dr. Bronner's product. I love that it's natural and I love the smell. The price is not bad for how much you get. It lasts so long because you really need so little. I almost always use too much! The reason I give it a 5 is because of all the uses, though I don't use it for everything. I use it as a body wash and I really like it. I feel it cleans but doesn't dry me too much and you just need the smallest amount. It feels nice and 'tingly' too. But as a body wash alone I guess it would be 'good', but I also use it for cleaning and I think that's awesome. I also got orange which I liked a lot and lavender which was ok and I used that one for cleaning. I DON'T like it as a shampoo and I don't use it as a toothpaste, but in a pinch I'd use it for laundry and maybe even face if I was desperate, but I have sort of sensitive facial skin so I don't know if it would work. But for body and cleaning, I think it's awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by SugarBlush

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Awesome brush cleaner, face wash, body wash, toothpaste... what more can i say? The best bang for your buck! I also use this to clean my retainer.

Also, for those people who think this is disgusting as toothpaste, you might wanna do a little bit of research about replacing your fluoridated, glycerin laden commercial toothpaste with castille soap. Its worth getting used to the taste ;) its not that bad really! I suggest you get the peppermint one as toothpaste because a lot of us are already accustomed to the minty taste in our mouth. Also, this makes my lip stain last longer too! Bcuz of the absence of excessive glycerin coating tht commercial toothpaste gives you, it's sometimes on your lips too. At the end of the day, the glycerin coating sorta peels off (the whitish thingy on your lips) and you're left with no color on your lips. This is based on my observation.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Mia_8030

Brr! The peppermint in this version of Dr. Bronners is definatey a pick me up. I have super hard water and I find Dr. Bronner's to be a little drying if i use it everyday, but I have a special purpose that the peppermint soap excells at. I like to mix salt in with a good dash of Dr. Bronners and scrub away. I feel so clean, tingly and refreshed afterwards. Peppermint is my pick for a shower or bath on a hot summer's day. Stand in front of a fan after showering with this soap and it feels like an arctic chill when you need it most. I also find a generous amount in a foot bath eases tired feet after a long day. If you don't try any other Dr. Bronner's soap, peppermint is the one to get.

Price - dirt cheap, around $5 for a bottle that will last a while. Demerit a lippie for the fact that I can't use it every day and because it stings my eyes when I have used it on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by maggiealisa

This stuff is exactly what I was looking for. I have been searching for a soap that didn't contain any harmful or unnecessary chemicals, and also something I could use on my face that would help with the mild, occasional bumps I get. I finally found my HG product. This stuff doesn't leave any slimy residue behind like every other soap/face wash I have tried. It rinses off clean, and leaves behind a nice tingly feeling. I got a 16 ounce bottle from my local Kroger for $7.99. I will definitely buy this again. I want to try the almond scent next!