August 22, 2014 | 1764 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Peppermint Castille Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by BigBlueEyes32

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this soap! I love that it's natural and doesn't test on animals and not too expensive for how much it is. I buy the big containers and use it for almost everything...my body wash, my shampoo, my laundry detergent, sometimes I'll even use it as a toothpaste if I'm in a pinch. You just need a little bottle of this when you're traveling - it does it all. and so concentrated that a drop or two is literally all you need. It lasts forever! As a shampoo it can make my hair pretty tangly, but use a good conditioner afterwards and you're fine. I love all the scents but the peppermint is by far my favorite - especially in hot summers. On a 90+ degree summer day, just take a cool shower, use this stuff and you come out feeling so refreshed and cooled down - and so clean! Definitely would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this to wash my makeup brushes and it is fantastic! I will repurchase

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by debbrumb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have used this and the lavender several years ago and liked them. I rebought this after seeing the video on Netflix about it. I like it as a body wash and face wash but definitely NOT as a shampoo. The consistency is oily but when I put it in my hair it became very hard and crusty almost and was hard to wash out. My face hasn't broken out at all using this and the smell is great in the morning!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by jujube21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so happy to see such good reviews for what I think sometimes is a misunderstood soap. It is VERY tingly and can be much for some people. I use a loofah and squirt a little and it works GREAT. My husband uses it full-strength. This packs a punch. Peppermint wakes you up and you feel refreshed. It cleans very well without drying your skin. I do recommend you be careful before using it on your face but I actually love the feel of it - it completely wakes me up!

I have never used this on my hair so I can't speak much about that but as a body wash -this is excellent.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by theperoxideprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's an okay product. And of course it makes you feel "clean", it's peppermint, peppermint makes you feel fresh. Just like when you pop some peppermints in your mouth and it gives you fresh clean breath. But that doesn't mean it cleaned you up. I didn't see a difference between using this product and other soaps. It's too expensive in my opinion. You're better off buying other soaps.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by OrangeandWhiteTigerLilly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used this as a body wash and a shampoo. I absolutely love it as a body wash you will experience a cooling sensation. As far as a shampoo it makes my hair slightly greasy so I have to use baking soda in conjunction with it and even with the baking soda it is not my favorite to use as a shampoo. It is great if you have psoriasis or other skin disorders because peppermint has a calming effect on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by oracle1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this soap!! It makes you feel fresh and clean. My HG for body, hair, brushes...etc

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by gypcc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Since the flu is running rampant... this stuff is fantastic in the shower as a body wash when you're achy and congested. You'll be able to breathe and will definitely feel bettter aftewards. (just watch you don't get it on any sensitive areas). There are so many uses for Dr. Bronner it's really an awesome product to have on hand. Diluted in a spray bottle and you've got a surface cleaner, it can be used in the laundry and just about anywhere. The lavender and peppermint are my favorites.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by ironicsymphonic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my everything product - hand soap, body wash and shaving gel are my favorite uses. I've used it on my face and in my hair in a pinch. I've also tried it as toothpaste, and it does work but tastes a bit soapy so I would only do so again in a bind. I love the cooling, lingering peppermint scent - very refreshing and soothing at any time of day. A big bottle of this stuff looks expensive, but I've had mine for seven months now and still estimate another month or two before I need a new bottle - and that's with use multiple times daily - so I'd say the price is great for what you get. A little of this stuff goes a looooong way. It's also all natural and not tested on animals. Score? I think so.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Awesome stuff, just bought my 3' rd bottle...that' s something right! Have heard this brand being mentioned on the boards here but never thought too much of it. One day I was randomly browsing for KP cures and saw that this body wash was recommended by someone who said it helped in reducing her KP, instantly it clicked and I thought why not give it a try. I Have been using it since then along with my trusty Salux cloth. Have seen a big improvement, I will not say it completely cured my KP..the bumps have visibly reduced and do have a long way to go. Well the peppermint scent is not my absolute favorite but it has grown on me. Far less drying than the soaps I have used except for the goatmilk soaps they are an exception and also expensive.Will continue to use this till I find a much better alternative.
Update** Staple 6 bottle and counting!