November 23, 2014 | 999 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Peppermint Castille Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by realitydust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So cleansing and SO refreshing, I love the tingle. I can still smell the fresh scent on me long after I shower. A little goes a long way, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Dreamer731

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This liquid soap has a fresh cool peppermint scent. And it has a cool refreshing tingling sensation.This really gets your lady parts SUPER CLEAN! And it stays fresh and clean all day! This is a great soap and its all natural and organic. A little of this goes a very long way! All you need is a small amount and it produces lots of rich lather. One bottle goes a very long way.It is very reasonably priced for a natural organic product. I will definitely repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 2:56:00 AM More reviews by marisaew1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love all things natural. And this is a staple in all that I use, whether in my house or on my body. First, the house. I clean with only chemical-free cleaners and I make most of it myself, simply because I think it's healthier. This is an ingredient is most all of the cleaners I whip up. Just google castille soap, the uses are endless and this is by far the best out there. Smells amaze too.

Now onto my bod... I use the peppermint and the almond scent. I use the bar though. It's amazingly refreshing. I even use it on my face at night with my clarisonic, and it also takes off eye make like a dream. However, the peppermint can be a bit drying when used often on the face. Not the almond though. Keeps my skin clean, bright, and spot-free. BF calls the almond "marzipan" and he loves the scent. Side note, BF says the peppermint burns his man parts. Yup.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 5:38:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

I use this exclusively to wash my brushes and it does a really good job of that. The product is fairly inexpensive for the large bottle and the scent is strong, but I think it cleans thoroughly and doesn't leave the brush hairs dry or frizzy, so for brush cleaning I highly recommend. I am not sure how it would be on skin and I already have a skincare regime I enjoy and that works for me, so I am not curious about how it works on my skin, but perhaps it would be a good body wash, however there are plenty of good body washes out there. Won't need to repurchase anytime soon as I bought the huge bottle!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by DisaChantel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've only used this once, but I'm the type to read a bunch of reviews for a product after I've already bought it, and whilst perusing through the feedback on here, I felt inspired to give my input. First, the scent: it's very strong. I've got a fairly sensitive nose and am always worried about products smelling to strong, but in this case, I love it. Peppermint is one of those scents that always smells fresh & clean IMO. But hey, I could bathe in peppermint oil and it wouldn't bother me one bit, so take that tidbit with a grain of salt. Just know that the scent is very potent. In regards to using it as a shampoo, my curly tresses soaked it right up - to the point where my hair felt squeaky clean. Some may consider this to harsh for their hair, as it will likely strip it of all natural oils. I'll probably only use it once or twice a month as a shampoo. In regards to using it as a face wash, my oily, acne-prone skin soaked it right up (see a pattern here?), and I had no problems with dryness. Also, it didn't make my skin feel tight and stiff like some cleansers do (*cough cough* neutrogena). I followed up with Simple moisturizer and whadaya know, my face wasn't an oil slick by the end of the day - as per usual. In regards to using it as a body wash, no complaints there. My only negative comments are about the packaging. It really is "liquid soap," so it's easy to pour out too much of the product and therefore waste the goods. I got mine for around ten bucks at target, and I'll definitely be re-purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Lilybelle911

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I haven't used Dr. Bronner's in a long time but I used to love it. Like the reviewer below, I've even used it as toothpaste. When I was very young, around nineteen (long before cell phones and internet), a friend and I shared an apartment for a while, and we were so poor we could barely buy food or toothpaste or anything, and Dr. Bronner's liquid soap was our household bath soap/toothpaste/all purpose soap. It was so entertaining to read the label while bathing or showering. I thought it was from some commune or Moonie cult. I like this peppermint one and the castile one, and the lavender is my least favorite - only because I like very pure true lavender, and it seemed a bit perfumey. But I'm remembering from a very long time ago. Maybe I would like the lavender one today. It's just very pure all purpose soap. I am a bit of a soap nut, the way people love shoes or bags or whatever their thing is. My thing is soap, although I have slacked off a bit lately because I'm trying not to become a full blown hoarder. That would be weird: to become a soap hoarder, wouldn't it? :-O Maybe that's what happens when you get old. I might buy some Dr. Bronner's again soon. The peppermint would make a cooling foot bath in summer, and it will be fun to remember carefree days by using it again so many years later. Fortunately, I can now afford toothpaste. :-)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by BigBlueEyes32

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this soap! I love that it's natural and doesn't test on animals and not too expensive for how much it is. I buy the big containers and use it for almost everything...my body wash, my shampoo, my laundry detergent, sometimes I'll even use it as a toothpaste if I'm in a pinch. You just need a little bottle of this when you're traveling - it does it all. and so concentrated that a drop or two is literally all you need. It lasts forever! As a shampoo it can make my hair pretty tangly, but use a good conditioner afterwards and you're fine. I love all the scents but the peppermint is by far my favorite - especially in hot summers. On a 90+ degree summer day, just take a cool shower, use this stuff and you come out feeling so refreshed and cooled down - and so clean! Definitely would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this to wash my makeup brushes and it is fantastic! I will repurchase

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by debbrumb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have used this and the lavender several years ago and liked them. I rebought this after seeing the video on Netflix about it. I like it as a body wash and face wash but definitely NOT as a shampoo. The consistency is oily but when I put it in my hair it became very hard and crusty almost and was hard to wash out. My face hasn't broken out at all using this and the smell is great in the morning!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by jujube21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so happy to see such good reviews for what I think sometimes is a misunderstood soap. It is VERY tingly and can be much for some people. I use a loofah and squirt a little and it works GREAT. My husband uses it full-strength. This packs a punch. Peppermint wakes you up and you feel refreshed. It cleans very well without drying your skin. I do recommend you be careful before using it on your face but I actually love the feel of it - it completely wakes me up!

I have never used this on my hair so I can't speak much about that but as a body wash -this is excellent.