GOSH X-ceptional wear liquid foundation

3.6

water, cyclopentasiloxane, CI77891, glycerin, nylon-12, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, C11-12 isoparaffin, trimethylsiloxysilicate, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, diethylhexyl adipate, titanium dioxide, dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, magnesium sulfate, CI 77492, hydroxyethylcellulose, synthetic beeswax, tocopheryl acetate, disteardimonium hectorite, dimethiconol, alumino, CI77491, methylparaben, talc, CI77499, alcohol denat, simethicone, benzoic acid, butylparaben, ethylparaben, ethylparaben, dehydroocetic acid, citric acid, isobutylparaben, propylparaben.

on 8/20/2011 3:17:00 PM

This was one of the first foundations I used after searching for ages to find a brand that carried a colour light enough for me. It lasts all day, provides excellent coverage and leaves no pores behind. It should be used sparingly though or else it can look a little caked on and looks best with a powder to set it (I use GOSH's brand of that, too) I've never used it with a primer because it doesn't really need any. Packaging is great, you can get every last drop of it out. It's a little pricey but lasts forever. I've been wearing it for around three years and I'm just finishing up on my third bottle. (and I wear it just about every day) When you wear it, you must pair with a blush or bronzer! All in all, it's worth it!

on 8/5/2011 1:22:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This product has mixed reviews, and i can see why, but for me it's good. My skin is the palest of the pale, and i can never normally just buy cheaper drugstore foundation, but this foundation in '11 Porcelain' is actually a good colour match for my skin. It looks a bit dark/ orange when you squeeze it out of the bottle, but when blended into the skin is really quite pale. The packaging is also good, i much prefer squeezy tubes as it's easy to get the right amount of product out and way less wasteful, and the price is fine too. The major downside to this product is the texture/formula. It's not got the best coverage, but is build-able when applied with a good brush. However, it has this kind of weird sticky texture, and when applied places with fine lines and uneven texture like around the eyes, it sinks into every little crease, looks obvious and makes the skin look awful. Don't even think about using it for dark cirles or anything. That's not such a problem for me, as i ONLY use this foundation on the areas where i have most imperfections and redness (around my jawline, lower half of my cheeks and chin), and then a mineral foundation over everything, which in combination gives more coverage where i need it but a nice natural finish everywhere else. So overall i've given this 4 lippies as it's a good colour match, good price and packaging, and pretty blendable, but the texture lets it down a bit.

on 6/5/2011 1:25:00 AM

I don't know why, but I tried this foundation last year or something too, and didn't like it then. I think my problem back then was that I couldn't find out how to apply it so that it looked good.

Now this is the foundation I use every day. I have very pale skin and porcelain suit me perfectly. It lookes more yellow-ish or something like that at the packaging and when it gets out of the packaging, but on my skin it is not that yellow at all. And I do not have any problem with applying it any more, I get it to look good when I apply it with the Gosh Synthetic Foundation Brush, or just with my fingertips (which is what I usually do). It covers pretty good too, I would say :-)

on 5/24/2011 10:40:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Best colour that i've found untill now for my very pale skin. The texture on the other hand is another story, I could apply it with my fingers (not as smoothly as other foundations but it was a good even result) but it looks fake and shows every pore you have (I don't even have large pores). It's not greasy, even feels a bit to dry, didn't break me out but you constantly feel it on your face. The tube is slick but gets dirty right away, I have to clean the tube after each application.
I will buy it again because of the colour but I've seen I've used it much less than normal because of all the trouble of putting it on and just doesn't feel right, so i only use it when i have no choice.

Very expensive and definitely not worth the money! I have normal skin and it doesn't blend in at all. It looks very cakey and doesn't even cover things properly. Worst foundation I've had.

on 4/17/2011 1:52:00 PM

i bought this product because i was looking for a cheaper alternative to my Loreal true match liquid foundation, however i was dissapointed.
this foundation is distinctly average. it doesnt spread very well, and is quite thick, and doesnt help my already oily skin, it does do a good range of colours and does make me look vaguely radiant, however i would rather pay a few pounds more and purchase something different.

on 4/12/2011 12:09:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Having tried so many foundations from high-end department store brands to drugstore to mineral makeup, I'm going to settle with this as my HG for now. Have been pleasantly surprised by GOSH's quality for a drugstore brand (check out their Intense Lip Colour lipglosses- amazing!). This foundation has very good coverage, very little goes a long way to cover uneven texture, enlarged pores and surface acne scarring (harsher dark circles and scars would need concealer). Finish is radiant, soft and matte. This has better oil control than Guerlain's Parure Extreme and about the same lasting power. I only have to blot twice during a typical 10-hour day and it still looks good at the end. The key to it not looking cakey is the application; I use MAC 187 which allows me to control coverage. Natural matches my light, yellow-toned skin.

When I found this I was really excited by how light the lightest shade was, as I am extremely pale and I have only ever found one foundation that truly matches my skin tone (Bobbi Brown's Skin Foundation in Alabaster). Unfortunately, despite the good colour, this is the worst foundation I have ever tried. I have combination skin which is on the oily side and it's quite rare for me to get extremely dry patches, however within a week of using this foundation my skin was almost peeling off! It doesn't blend well, it looked cakey and made me break out as well and drying my skin to the texture of a lizard's. Maybe it's just me as this has got quite a few good reviews, but I wouldn't recommend this foundation to anyone.

on 3/27/2011 4:20:00 PM

This is a foundation that does not look chalky or unpleasant in strong daylight. It smoothes across the skin and blends well and does not dry out into creases. I have combination skin and this foundation does not create a greasy t-zone. It performs like a foundation more than double the price and the shades work really well. I have bought this product three times now and used different shades to accommodate winter and summer skin tones. I would recommend the Gosh Velvet Primer underneath as that is a fantastic primer for the price.

on 3/20/2011 3:33:00 PM

I heard so much positive feedback about this from so many people, but the only thing I liked about this product is how pale the palest shade it.
I found it extremely drying on my face, hard to blend and very thick. I think it would only really suit normal/oily skin types as it looks terrible on dry skin and really enhances it.