April 18, 2014 | 1800 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clarins - Gentle Eye Makeup Remover Lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2007 7:52:00 AM More reviews by DaffodilFields

In love! I've finally found something gentle that's absolutely non-oily! It comes in sleek packaging and smells faint, but good. It's expensive, but that's the only drawback. Gets rid of even the most tenacious eyemakeup better than anything I've ever tried. No tugging required, which means I get to keep all my eyelashes, and it doesn't bother my contacts. Only small drawback is the price, but I will pay b/c eyemakeup remover is one area I will not mess around with. I think it's really dangerous and damaging to the delicate eye area to keep makeup on overnight, or not to remove it all the way..

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2006 11:14:00 PM More reviews by ahbelle

Good for removing light eye makeup only. smells gd, suitable for those who dun like oily eye MU remover. Price is kinda expensive, so if I can find a gd drugstore alternative, will not be repurchasing this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2006 10:16:00 PM More reviews by viverr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Bad product. Stung my eyes badly. I kept tearing up even after I stopped cleaning my eyes. For the price, you might as well just get a drugstore remover that does the job faster, gentler, and cheaper!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2006 11:19:00 AM More reviews by xuelint

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My therapists gave me 2 samples of this (about 30ml each) to try and I have been using it almost everyday (on other days when I feel lazy, I'll simply just use Shu's Light Cleansing Oil).

As its names implies, this is really gentle on the eyes, it doesn't leave any oily residual unlike most eye remover. However, I think this is probably only suitable for removing light eye makeup. This doesn't really help to remove my mascara and liner (and I'm not talking about water proof mascaras or hard to remove liners).

I had been using the Instant Eye Makeup Remover before this and I definitely still prefer this over the one I'm reviewing. I wonder why I wanted to change in the first place. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2006 5:55:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i have this in the blue liquid form. its actually quite good- i usually hate eye make up removers I find them either too oily or too harsh or they sting my eyes and i just use j&j face wipes. however, this didnt sting my eyes at all and didnt leave any oily residue like the lancome bifacial. i did have to use 2 or 3 cotton balls for each eye, but i did have 3 heavy coats of diorshow on so maybe thats explainable! i didnt have to tug or pull and the mascara came off easily. i wouldnt re purchase as i feel its a lot quicker and cheaper to just use face wipes UPDATE: I used this lastnite and it STUNG my eyes, i think its cus i used a bit more of it than i usually put on the cotton bud but never the less it CAN sting!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2006 10:07:00 PM More reviews by sck279

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have very dry/dehydrated skin and use a ton of sunscreen as I work outdoors. This makeup remover is wonderful anywhere on your face and removes all makeup/sunscreen I've come across. It's not drying and leaves skin very soft. This absolutely does not burn or sting eyes...Have used this product for 3 years with no ill affects

Formulation: Water, Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Water, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolized Soy, Protein, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Citronellol

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2005 3:31:00 PM More reviews by echan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this eye makeup remover for 4-5 years. After trying many different so called "gentle" makeup removers, I conclude that this one is the best. I'm wearing contact lens so I don't like to use cleansing oil or 2-layers eye makeup remover. Actually, I use this on my whole face, not just the eye area. It cleans very effectively but at the same time it doesn't dry out my skin. I LOVE this product =)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2004 11:55:00 PM More reviews by helethea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i never tried alot of makeup remover to begin with. although i think DHC cleansing oil would be a popular choice, its relatively easy to take my mascara off. just pour some on a cotton pad and let it rest on my eyes for a few minutes. then gently sweep it off. viola, mascara removed. heard from the sa that it conditions lashes too but i'm supposed to leave it for 15mins.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2004 5:58:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

This is a ok product. This eye makeup remover is not oily and doesnt irritate my contacts. It also doesnt leave that greasy residue. My problems with this product is the price, $22.50 for 4.2 oz is high. The packaging is standard bottle, i prefer a pump to make things even easier. And my biggest complaint, it didnt remove my liner as well as some other makeup removers. I had to rub more to get my liners off completely. Its not a bad product, i just prefer the TM luxe eye remover or Lorac Oil free.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2004 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Alev

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall a very good product for gentle make-up users. Nice and gentle. Eyes look healthier after treatment.