September 22, 2014 | 2193 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Farouk CHI - Chi Ceramic Flat Iron by Farouk

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2013 3:10:00 AM More reviews by lichi79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a good flat iron, but at this price it is overpriced. It is very comfortable to hold, looks chic and comes in a big variety of colors. It comes with a pouch too. The cord is professional length, and has floating plates. The one I am talking about has temperature settings, which the ultra chi does not. What I did not like was that when you open and close the flat iron it squeaks. It is a little too square, so your curls won't come out as perfectly round spirals. For a flat iron this price it should have auto shut off at least, even the cheap Remington at the drugstore has one hour auto shut off, digital temperature control, and looks super sleek too. . Don't waste your time and money.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

A quick description of my hair: thick, wavy and curly. This straightener works really awesome in the first couple of months and then it goes to pure garbage. I have gone through, and I kid you not 5 of these. I would go back to my salon and just exchange it for a new one and then eventually I just gave up and they even told me since the demand for these irons are so high the quality of them has decreased significantly. My first chi was amazing until it just never turned on again, my new ones all snagged onto my hair breaking it off, and I had to go over my hair a lot to get it pin straight. ALSO it took me literally 2 hours to straighten all of my hair which is pretty ridiculous because my new iron takes me about 40 mins now. I would never recommend this to anyone who loves their hair because this seriously ruins it and it is a waste of money because they constantly just die out of nowhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by memorton

These last forever and are hands down the best straightener you can buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by feedmekarats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have had this for about 4 years now (the original black chi) and this is The best flat iron I have ever used. Hair is pin straight and leaves your hair shiny and silky. Do not forget to use a heat protector because this iron gets very hot. You can even curl with it. It's around 100$ at ulta but its worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Ananasbloesem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Simply the best! Even in the Netherlands.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 1:38:00 PM More reviews by camille002

literally the best flat iron out there. i have a ghd and a chi, and they're both amazing. my hair is verrryyy thick, long and wavy, and this does the job in less than 30 minutes! a must have! can't go wrong with chi!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I love my chi and its a great straightener! the only problem I have found with it is there are no settings for how hot you want it so you can burn it out pretty fast. This is been a general problem that a lot of my girls have experienced, although I have been using the same one for 4 years!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by crazypinkhair

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This iron is slender, chic, hot enuff and amazing. my hair is not easy going but this iron con really control it. I got mine at toronto hair care, corner of spadina college. they got tons of stuff there and amazing deals.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2012 9:40:00 AM More reviews by MsScarlet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

*this is a review for the original 1" Farouk CHI ceramic flat iron only*

I used a CHI for the first time 5 years ago after asking a friend how her hair was always so shiny and smooth every day. She let me borrow her iron for a few days and by the end of my "trial" I didn't want to give it back! My hair is very thick, wavy, a bit coarse in the back and extremely prone to frizz. This iron changed all that. It made my hair smooth, shiny, manageable, and nearly frizz-proof. As soon as I could afford it (Chi irons were about 3-4x the price then that they are now-I think they retail for roughly $50 now) I bought one for myself. Thus a long love affair began.

My first iron lasted about a year and would have lasted longer but I ended up killing it overseas using the wrong voltage. I broke down in tears when that happened-that's how good this iron is. I tried a few knockoff versions but they never worked as well so I bought a second one. My second Chi iron has lasted since 2009 and seems to not be petering out anytime soon.

I use my CHI several times a week (usually on work days) and let my hair "rest" in between but I have used it daily in the past. While the glossy, mangeable hair I get from the CHI is addictive, too much heat styling can ravage your hair. It is super important to use heat protectant products to shield the hair from damage, and to never EVER use an iron on wet or damp hair. When I do use it, there is nothing easier and faster to get my hair looking tamed and professional. I only use it from midshaft to ends, flipping it a bit toward the end of my hair to get a curled end. My hair glides through the iron with ease and the heat is just enough to smooth my hair without frying it.

Finally, a few cons toward the CHI: there is no temperature adjustment or varied heat settings, so girls with finer hair should use extreme caution. The iron gets very hot and it's infrared indicator light is inconveniently located on the inside of the iron; you'd have to look down a bit to see it and it's not very noticeable anyway. I knocked a lip off of my review for that reason; even though I am used to it and I love the iron, a newbie could accudentally burn themselves because the indicator is hard to see.
Like all hair irons, the CHI takes some practice to maneuver to avoid burning your neck/fingers. Also like most hair irons it can leave creases in your hair if you use too much pressure clamping down, giving you a "pancaked" effect. The iron dramatically reduces volume and will leave your hair pretty flat, which isn't a problem for me because I have a lot if natural volume in my hair.

Despite my qualms about the indicator light and safety, this is an exceptional product. I'm sure there are better/more high tech/$$$$ier irons out there but this one works great for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Rouge7Femi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Cue the church choir! This straightener is AMAZING! When you run it over your hair i swear it flows like water, and you dont have to go over the same piece over and over again to get a result. For the price it really is worth it, it's long lasting, works like magic and is so slim and cute you can find space for it anywhere! I highly recommend investing in this little slice of hair styling heaven :)