August 1, 2014 | 1967 users online

Moisturizers - Burt's Bees - Radiance Night Creme

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 2:55:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

I got Burt's Bees Radiance Night Creme with Royal Jelly for 20% off at Ulta, which brought it down to about $14.40 USD plus tax. What I love about this night cream is how smooth it leaves my skin, but the reason why I'm dropping it to 3 lippies is due to it's scent and texture. First, the texture is overpoweringly synthetic and floral and never goes away. I apply it before bed and I wake up and I can STILL smell it on my skin. Second, the texture of the cream is very smooth and silky, but never quite seems to sink in completely, so instead I feel like there is a barrier on top of my skin. I can't speak to it's claims of making my skin more radiant, but I have noticed that my skin seems smoother and softer since using this night cream. Also, this cream comes in a glass pot, which wouldn't be a problem except it seems to leak and gunk around the rim, which equals a waste of product as well as the hassle of cleaning the pot. I won't buy again as the night time moisturizer I love is LUSH Vanishing Cream, and I'm saving up for a pot of that even if it costs a bit more. Overall an above average night cream, but not quite what I was looking for. EDIT June 5 2011: I realized that this, in connection with my toner, was making me break out so badly. Discontinued using it, and my face is clearing up. Dropping to 1 lippie.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by creamcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided that I no longer wanted to slather toxic chemicals on my face and this is the second product I tried. Amazingly it has worked wonders for me! I have dry skin and so opted for the night cream for more moisture (I use it during the day!)- it is not greasy, absorbs well, is very moisturising and has made my skin feel very smooth! The biggest plus point however, is knowing that it is 98.02% natural! The packaging is ok, nothing special but has a vintage feel. I was suprised by the pearlescent sheen to the cream however,as that is not very natural!!

I know that not all products work for everybody, but if you want to de-toxify your skin and have dry skin, than its worth a try. I will definitely repurchase again if my skin continues this way, it does feel radiant and smooth! But for the winter, I know I will need even more moisture so I might try out the carrot nutritive night cream.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2010 10:54:00 PM More reviews by LadyDarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I forced myself to use this for two weeks even if the smell made me ill each time I put it on.
It just wasn't the right product for me. It didn't do anything for my face and the smell made me sick to my stomach.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by almostcosmic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I took a shot on this because i was looking for a good natural intense night time moisturizer. I recently got my skin back to a good place with no breakouts.

I tried this and the next day my skin looked like hell. It was red and blotchy with numerous white heads and other acne. I mean this stuff is bad. A total waste of $18.00

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by emily420

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

i would not buy this again -- at all.
it did NOTHING to my skin, which sucks because it wasnt cheap. i would of paid that money with something more effective. plus the smell is very funky, ew. i really thought i would see atleast SOMETHING from this, but i hate it. i have better luck with Clinique's moisturizers.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2010 10:43:00 AM More reviews by lovelyhead318

I bought the radiance kit for about $15 at walmart, and I'm not too amazed with any of the products. Except I am fond of the bar soap, it mosturizers and brightens well. However, the day, night and eye cream are nothing special. First of all, I definately do not enjoy the smell, and it doesn't feel smooth when I apply them. They all are practically the same thing, I see no difference between them. Not mosturizing and not worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2010 10:42:00 AM More reviews by hroohi

This has become my HG moisturizer.

I have combination skin. I love using this on my cheeks and chin. It keeps them moisturized throughout the day without breaking that area out. I avoid using thiso n my nose on forehead though. It is too rich for those areas. I have been using this for about 8 months and though it is a night cream- it is the perfect day cream for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2010 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Kelly9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you have used anything by Burt's Bees before, then you aware that each product is strongly or uniquely fragrant and you either like it or you don't. I like the Baby Bee line, and have used some of their face creams in the past. I expected a big scent, but the night cream was totally different than I expected.

Opening the jar impressions: Shampoo is in here! Looks like shampoo, gooey and pearly colored. Smells like shampoo. Not some kind of naturally scented shampoo, but some kind of L'Oreal concoction. Not what I expect from Burt. Okay, if it works I can live with that.

It feels okay to use, but the moisture level is not there for me. I need something heavy duty and penetrating; this cream isn't quite it. If your skin is normal and you want something protecting for night time, and you don't mind heavy fragrance, then this is for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 4:27:00 PM More reviews by mldavis79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my HG for nighttime moisturizer. I have sensitive, acne prone, normal-to-dry skin, and this product makes my face feel so moisturized and refreshed right before going to bed. I sometimes have to use a little extra around my nose where my skin can become ultra dry, but so far it works. In the morning my face feels so incredibly soft that I can't help but touch my skin..hahaha. I've been using this product for a little over a month, and at the moment couldn't imagine using another nighttime moisturizer. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the packaging. The consistency is a little runny so getting the right amount of product out of the jar can become messy if you're not careful. About mold problems, I haven't had anything even remotely like that happen to my jar.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2010 3:16:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am echoing other reviewers with this product that I initially really loved at first. At first I really loved the smell and moisturizing properties, my skin felt like the moisture was getting locked in and looked glowwy and "radiant" after application and in the morning. After a while I have started breaking out while using it and I haven't broken out for a very long time so I think it is either because of this orrrr it could be healing my skin and counteracting my acne preventative benzoyl peroxide too much. I'm not sure. Also when using this the skin around my hairline seemed to be more affected by the benzoyl peroxide because the moisturizer is too thin. It's a shame because I LOVE the smell and that it's all natural. I liked putting this on my lips as well. Also it didn't work well at all under my makeup because even after shaking it up it would ball up and peel off. Not a good look for me! And I know it's a night cream but I'm someone who believes you should be able to use a good cream for day or night. I also ran out of this really ridiculously fast. Only lasted about a month and a half? Oooh almost forgot, on the plus side I am not 100% sure but I think it did a little work to smooth out some fine lines around my mouth and forehead!