April 18, 2014 | 1341 users online

Loose Powders - Cover Girl - loose powder

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2007 2:47:00 AM More reviews by XxOrchidxX

Ugh, worst product ever!! After reading the reviews here and falling in love with their pressed powder, I thought it would be a great idea to try their loose powder. Worst mistake ever!! Like others have pointed out, the smell is sickening!! I don't mind heavily scented items, in fact, I usually like them, but this scent is just obnoxious. There is sooooo much glitter in this product, and it turns my face orange. I use Cover Girl Smoothers pressed powder in translucent honey and absolutely love it. I bought this powder in translucent honey expecting the same results only to be disappointed.

Bottom line: STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2007 1:35:00 PM More reviews by sigrid_xo

i bought it in translucent tawny and it turns out tht when i put it on i looked like AN ORANGE. the colours i had to choose from was tht one, transclucent medium& light ...i'd re buy this in the medium tho.
cons: big container, too orange, shimmery
pros: soft puff, feels smooth, not heavy

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2007 9:25:00 AM More reviews by hether2783

I really like it; I don't think that the packaging is hard to use at all. I usually apply this over liquid or cream foundation, and it really serves its purpose well. Also, I think it smells clean and nice.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2007 8:36:00 PM More reviews by buechmn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

all I have to say about this product is... what is up with the very obtrusive and sickening scent to it?
It literally made me sick.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2007 9:43:00 AM More reviews by ms_jillian_leigh

I used this on and off for awhile, but as I'm aging, it just doens't cut it for me anymore. It doesn't do much to blot my oily Tzone, but does everyting to accentuate my drier patches. It also settles into pores and fine lines. For younger skin, I think this is a fine product, but as I'm rapidly approaching 30, it's clearly time to move on.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2007 4:21:00 PM More reviews by ksbkd00

It has mineral oil in it. It broke me out. I won't buy again. If you have dry skin, it may work for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2007 7:13:00 AM More reviews by foxytina1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this in translucent fair. It's the perfect color for my very fair skin and dissapears into it. It gives me a very natural look, and makes my skin look flawless. It smells nice too. It's a matte finish, but somehow manages to still make your skin "glow". I don't mind the packaging at all. I flip it upside down with the cap still on, then back over, then dip a big powder brush into the powder, and use the cap to tap my brush in and swirl it around so that the powder is on the brush evenly. Then I tap it against a surface lightly, and then apply. It's always perfect that way.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2006 9:25:00 AM More reviews by punkinpie14

I was very disappointed when I tried this powder. First of all, the holes are sooo big that tons of powder comes out on the applicator and when you put it on it's like a thick mask. Be prepared to have powder on your clothing or wherever you're putting it on. I'm not complaining about the shades, but the design makes it very difficult to put the right amount on. I actually took some scotch tape to try to cover up some of the holes so less comes out. This product is more hassel than it's worth. I think I'll stick with Avon's loose powder which is very easy to apply.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2006 9:42:00 PM More reviews by ben228

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a very good powder! Way better than covergirl's clean pressed powder. I was hesitant to buy another covergirl product since I had a bad experience with their pressed powders, but this was an exception. It goes on smoothy and works wonders at controlling shine and makes your pores look itty bitty! Try it! It is wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2006 3:31:00 PM More reviews by kittykittybambam

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is magic. It covers up my pores super duper good and does not break me out. The only downside is I must reapply throughout the day. I guess this is a good thing since it means it's not sticking to my skin and clogging my pores.