August 27, 2014 | 1702 users online

Hair Color - Color Oops - Regular Strength Hair Color Remover

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by xXkristinagraceXx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Awful. Just ridiculously awful. It was about 5 bucks. So not a bad price. But it smells so bad. Like a sewer or a nasty fart. I thought it was lightening my hair. Through the cap i could see it was blonde again. After getting out of the shower and letting it dry, it went straight back to dark brown. Half a shade lighter at the most. Not pleased at all. I would never recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2012 3:36:00 AM More reviews by alexxkayy

Okay so I had black hair, and i wanted a normal lighter brown color. I used this product because I saw everyone raving about it on utube saying its better for your hair blah blah. SO I decide to buy it, 12 bucks so I'm thinking "I could buy stripper at the beauty supply across the street for less.." but everyone said it was good so I got it. Read the directions carefully did everything it said THE SMELL OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! It smells like sewage and hardboiled eggs and farts. Its horrendous. Had my mom put it on my hair left it there for 20 minutes like the box said. Rinsed it out shampooed my hair literally 6 times. IT STILL SMELT LIKE CRAP!!!! My hair is now a very dark brown almost black still. This product hardly did anything and FRIED MY HAIR. the ends are SO dry I might as well have bleached it and gotten the same amount of damage with a lighter color like I wanted. Its been 3 days and Iv washed my hair twice and it STILL SMELLS LIKE A ROASTED FART!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 2:02:00 AM More reviews by vlullyot

first off, i got this at shoppers and it was suuuper pricey! (45 dollars for two boxes!!!) but all in all it was worth it. my hair used to be bright red, until i dyed over it with "dark brown" hair colour that actually turned my hair JET black. it looked terrible! i was desperate to fix it so i decided to try this (bleach probably would have killed my hair). i followed the directions perfectly and rinsed for around 35 minutes. my hair is now a lovely dark/medium brown with some red undertones!! sadly i do have a few weird reddish/orange streaks but that was my own fault in the first place for not covering all my hair with the brown dye. altogether though, this saved my hair!! it is not damaged AT ALL, and i know a lot of people complain about the smell but seriously, suck it up. it does linger and it does smell rotten, but it's really not that bad. THANK YOUU COLOR OOPS!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by MallorieN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

15 years of pharmacy style box hair dye adds up to hair that WILL NOT bleach.
Or at lest for my hair it does. I have been dying my hair a dark auburn, from an even darker chestnut for over a decade.

I always wanted it a bit lighter but nothing I purchased seemed to do anything but make my roots radioactive in brightness.
So I would grab some demi-permanint brown and coat my hair, just to get rid of the harsh band between root and hair.

Twice now over the course of 5 years I have decided to go lighter, both times I used "oops".

The product is in fact a bit stinky, and quite runny, but very east to work though hair. I would advise two bottles to anyone with a substantial amount of hair. Just to be safe.

Both times its worked beautifully, went in hair, worked though hair, washed with about 5 different brands of shampoo (for very effective stripping) for 20 min, and subsequently dyed it a lighter shade of red.

Hair looks fantastic, feels healthy and fine. I didn't loose hair or anything drastic like that.

As far as I can tell this stuff does exactly what it says it does, removes as much color as possible.

To be fair I have never used black shades, I usually dye it as little as possible, and generally do not require much hair attention.
My experience may be unique, but the dyes I have used in the past have not been, and chemically speaking that says everything.

This stuff strips out typical drug store dyes, smells funky but not horrible, and does not seem largely damaging.

Yay!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by dyingforyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

i was recommended this product by a friend, who has used it many times on her hair. the most recently was that she was getting dark brown from her hair and it went red, so i was impressed with the results. i was trying to go from a very faded black to blonde, knowing it would end up red/orange in the middle, which i was okay with as i was going to bleach it anyways. i bought color oops, kept it on for as long as it said and washed for about half an hour like it said too. when i looked in the mirror after drying my hair some... it was still black. it made my hair just a tad bit redder but it did nothing it said it was going to do. it didn't even lift a level. i'm severely disappointed and i can't believe i wasted my money on this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by kdbates88

I would definitely use this product again. My hair was dark red (very vibrant) and after one use I am at a light golden (not brassy) brown. I do not recommend using the applicator bottle though. I mixed the two liquids together in the bottle and then put it in a regular color mixing bowl and then applied with a color brush, starting in the back and working my way to the top of my head without ever touching the roots. Afterwards I used Loreal Super Blonde which brought me to a light yellow, and then toned my hair...now I'm a very nice medium ash blonde.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by dtrautz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I don't know how anyone can give a good review about this!! I used it and scrubbed my hair literally for over an hour, scrub scrub rinse rinse rinse scrub scrub and even my boyfriend had to help out because my arms were turning to jelly. And yet all it did was make my roots a bright orange!! The rest of my hair is the dark brown that it was supposed to remove! Unbelievable! I cannot believe I pay 14$ for this junk! It's such a rip off. No one use!!! Seriously! I think the people writing good reviews got paid off to. It's a waste of money and the smell is absolutely horrible and lingers in your hair for days!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by giamatteo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been dying my naturally auburn hair jet black for the past 10 years. Not demi but permanent color was used. I have tried bleaching, hi-lift re-color, you name it and all had only lightened my virgin roots and not the mid/end sections of my hair, and of course damaged the heck out of my hair. I decided to research some more and saw the product Color Oops. Read the reviews and decided to purchase.

Upon reading the directions, I noticed that it said for use on the most recent dye job. Well I can tell you that 10 years worth of dying was removed for me. My hair is very short so 1 box was more than enough. The kit came with everything, including cap and gloves. Was runny upon application, but thickened up during the 20 minute waiting period. Make sure to have a towl on hand or baby wipes to clean up the drips down your face, etc. I did not seem to bleach any fabric that was touched by it (my towel). The smell was not as bad as everyone says it is. It did leave my hair feeling dry however my hair was already damaged from all that previous bleaching done.

After 20 minutes, I jumped in the shower and shampooed and rinsed for another 20 minutes. Shampooed again and rinse for another few minutes. My hair is super short and thin so I shortened the time to a total of 20 minutes ( 15 + 5).

Put on a good conditioner and my hair felt super silky and no longer damaged. The color I came out with after the jet black? Was a strawberry blonde due to the bleaching I was doing. The parts that did not bleach were actually my original hair color. :) I had a few stubborn ends though (not very much) that only changed a couple of shades lighter however I used a pre-color (Ion) treatment that I got at Sally's and re-colored my hair the same night without any excess darkening (as warned in previous posts) of the hair dye I used. In fact the color came out exactly as on the box and my ends blended in.

I never thought in a million years that I would be able to strip all that black from my hair. I plan on keeping a box or two for future use. A bit expensive, but I suppose it's worth it. Nothing like it out there and beats the $300+ I was told would cost for the salon to "attempt" a color correction.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 8:05:00 AM More reviews by powersuit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been blonde for years and decided to go back closer to my natural color. I did my hair medium brown using a 'semi-permanent'. It turned nearly black, and I couldn't stand it! Tried hot oil, head and shoulders, clarifying shampoo with a mixture of baking soda in it... hardly a fade! Groan! Weep! Wail and lament! So I bit the bullet and bought this. I was terrified after reading the reviews, but figured wigs these days are awfully pretty, if worst came to worst. It was about 16 bucks Canadian - in my bad hair situation, that was a steal! i donned the gloves, mixed the bottles, and threw the runny, clear mixture in as fast as i could! O.k gals... so it doesn't smell like roses, but it's not unbearably foul either. A mild sulfurous smell at worst. After 20 mins, all was looking promising- a freaky, light orange and goldish color greeted me in the mirror,but it was all good, because i had a color ready to throw in when all was done. Heck, I was just grateful to be light again! I turned on the tunes, and set in for the 20 minute shower rinse. I had my shower comb to keep from tangling, and after 10 mins I used a clarifying shampoo, rinsed for 5 more minutes, and realized the product wasn't damaging my hair- the extensive rinsing was! So I chose to stop rinsing at 15 mins, and threw on a deep conditioning hair hair masque for a few more mins. When my hair felt out of the danger zone, I rinsed yet again and dried my hair and pruney self off. I realize I could have rinsed (starting to hate that word!) longer for lighter results, but my hair dried a nice, very light golden brown that is actually complimentary enough that I have chose not to re-color, and because I heard my hair cry 'uncle' and deep conditioned before the damage got done, it feels soft and looks great! I had really only wanted to fade the color in the first place, but for those of you that want total removal: RINSE RINSE AND RINSE SOME MORE!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by dropdeadlovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought this to lift black dye out of m dark brown hair
it did nothing and there wasnt enough for my hair
but i saturated my bangs and they remained black
but i used them on hair extensions and it lifted the black out
although i used the extra conditioning my hair felt like straw
never buy again !