November 23, 2014 | 1565 users online

Bronzers - Physicians Formula - Shimmer Strips in Miami Strip / Healthy Glow Bronzer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2009 12:08:00 PM More reviews by iluvMUA

This Bronzer gives your skin a gorgeous glow! :)

I would buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by L22nene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this in a swap and WOW! What a fabulous find! Such a high quality product at a low end price. I'm about an NC 30 and this particular shade works best as a highlighter than a real "bronzer", or as an added color on me, but I love it. It makes my skin pop, and appear "glowy". I am now curious to try PF's other shades. I'm hearing wonderful things about the Waikiki shade as a bronzer, since this is awesome I will definitely be checking it out. Overall, I would rate this a 5/5!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2009 3:42:00 AM More reviews by cicilykong

This is definetly a great brand in general - I'd say it can compete with departmentstore brands. I love the texture and pigmentation - it's well pressed. It's like a loose creamy/powdery eyeshadow. Hard to describe, but really long lasting. I love it. Can be worn without a primer. I really want to buy their other eyeshadows & bronzers after trying this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 6:29:00 PM More reviews by angelfly39

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a great product! I used it when I was sick & it gave me a really healthy glow! Although it's $12 for a DS product, I think it's well worth it since it'll last me a long time! Who needs to pay $38 for BB Shimmer Brick?? Already bought other colors too!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 4:44:00 PM More reviews by strickers

Wow, wow, wow.

Perfect amount of shimmer, not too shiny, not discoballish. Easy to build coverage, nice sheen and color, not too overpowering. This is the highlighter I've been waiting for all my life.

Thank you, PF!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 2:23:00 AM More reviews by SquishyUmdlaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like PF's shimmer strips -- the blushes and bronzers work nicely as eye shadows as well. The Miami Strip bronzer has five shimmering shades ranging from bronzey-medium toned brown to a light pink. On my olive-tan skin, it works best as a highlighter rather than bronzer and I usually like to sweep it over my cheekbones. Love that the shimmer does NOT make my skin look oily. It retails for $12 which I think is a bit much for a d/s item; I'm waiting for the next PF sale at Rite Aid or CVS so I can stock up on the other colors. :o)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2008 1:34:00 PM More reviews by smh28

I have been drooling over Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks for a long time but did not want to pay the crazy price for them. Last week I had to go to a christmas party and wanted to add a little bronzy shimmer to my make up.
I went into my local drugstore to look and came across the Physcian's Formula line Shimmer Strips which appeared to be a lot like the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick. I was very excited about that but a little hesitant at the price…$18.99 CND! I decided on impulse to go for it.
I picked Miami Strip because, even though I had a bit of a tan from a recent vacation, I have very pale cool tone skin and only wanted a hint of bronze and shimmer…just a light glow. Miami Strip starts with a pale pink strip and works up to a fairly dark brown strip. It has almost a cream consistency to it even though it is in a powder form. I think this is a plus because it seems to stay put a lot better and a lot longer than a powder would.

When I got it home and tried it out I was initially really careful with application because I was afraid to go overboard and either look too bronzy or to disco ball like. I took a large kabuki brush rolled it over all the colors and started with a light layer over cheeks, nose and chin. Then I buffed a little out onto the rest of my face. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it really applies quite lightly and gave me a really pretty glow all over. For someone with pale skin it is perfect because it is not really obvious color. If you want a really bronzy look I would pick one of the other Shimmer Strips. For me it was just right. I have worn this in the evening and, with a lighter touch, during the day.

This is a great multi functional product that I would definitely repurchase. It works great for an all over glow. It is great as a highlighter on cheeks and temples, or as a highlighter on the brow bone or in the inner corner of the eye. The individual colors also make pretty, shimmer eye shadow shades. It is also pretty swept across the collar bone and shoulders. I have even read of a person or two who has added a little to their lip gloss for some shimmer.

I am happy with this product, and even though I find it a bit on the expensive side for a drugstore brand, I would probably repurchase. Although the pan is not very deep it does not take a lot to achieve the look I want and it will probably last me for quite a while.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2008 5:51:00 PM More reviews by tennis4life

I still don't know how I feel about this product. Overall, I found it too shimmery to use everyday all over your face. I think it might be a good cheek bronzer/highlighter. I bought it at the beginning of the summer and used it at night and when going out. I haven't really touched it since and I don't think I will repurchase because it's not practical and too expensive to spend on a product that is not a staple. It does make a good eyeshadow, though, so I can at least use it up like that. I would only buy if you really like the sparkles in your bronzer, otherwise its a waste.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2008 5:21:00 PM More reviews by mollipop03

I must say the product was decent. It gave me a glow (but may I say I did not use this shade, I used the Vegas Strip I think, but don't quote me on that) anywho, I used this and it made me look decently bronzed. Yet, not naturally bronzed. Way to much shimmer in my opinion and not 'brown' enough for me. My search for beautiful cheap bronzer continues. In the meantime, I probably will not be buying this again. Not for the fact it was completely horrible, just that I want to try and find something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2008 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Rigs

I am pale and have used this as a bronzer and highlighter. It is shimmery, but a light dusting did give my skin a healthy glow and some color. Love it as an eyeshadow, too. I'll consider buying again unless I find something even better.