October 23, 2014 | 901 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Color Ideal

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2009 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Daniela1985

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice foundation. Right now I am using Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra (which I love) but I have used Color Ideal and I think is a great foundation for an everyday look, specially if you have healthy clear skin because doesn`t provide a heavy coverage. So, if you don't have too many imperfections on your skin and you're looking for a nice, clean and natural look this is for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2009 10:48:00 AM More reviews by green25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation, its a good color match. I am a IV 20 for reference
I purchased mine for cheap price on ebay. I have oily/acne prone skin and the good thing about this foundation is it doesn't make me look greasy or more oily, good coverage as well and if you need more coverage add more foundation because it is buildable without looking like cake face

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by K1SS_M3

UGH !!! I seriously hate this foundation - I have extremely dry skin and I told the makeup lady that when I went in. She gave me this. The next day when I went to apply it I was horrified!!! I exfoliated and moisturized like I usually do - then I applied it with a makeup brush because it is soooo runny and weird texture - it drys really fast so it is really hard to blend. I finally got it to look decent and then I went off to work - When i looked in the mirror a couple hours lately I found that my skin looked disgusting!!! I had gross skin coloured flaky patches and the foundation was totally blotchy and uneven. I tried to take it back to the store that day but the makeup lady insisted that I just needed to exfoliate and she gave me a sample of an exfoliant and told me to try it again...so I did - with the same results - I hate this - I am going to try and take it back again!!! UGH!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2009 3:25:00 PM More reviews by CoganKnowsBest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely the WORST foundation I've ever used in my life. I have very dry skin so I asked the lady at the counter to give me a hydrating foundation. She gave me this. It dries my skin out even more, and makes it flake and look very unappealing. I've tried it several times, to try and get my money's worth, as it cost me forty euro, but I end up scrubbing it off again. I can only conclude Lancome foundations are more for oily skins.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2008 11:35:00 AM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my mom's favourite foundation, just looking amazing on her skin, and it stays after hours. For me the packaging is ok, but i am not much of a fan of this kind of bottles.. if she's wearing it looks her face so even and looks radiant.. with or without a powder layer to fix it just amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2008 4:53:00 AM More reviews by ygvo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't know why I never returned this product. After trying it on at Nordstrom and having it on all day (humid, hot summer day) it did not stay well on my face. It settled into whatever lines my 21 yr old face has and into pores. It also seemed to melt off of my face, too. The assistant didn't put any primer on my face, so I guess that might be the reason.
I had faith so I tried it again. The finish is powdery and it defines my pores and texture of my skin. The color match was not great and because the formula is thin, I get streaks applying with my finger, sponge or foundation brush.
This was my first foundation purchase and I was just too lazy and wanted to love this so badly to return it. Plus, I had already opened the GWP.
**edit: After giving this another shot, I decided to add 2 lippies. I guess the MA put on wayy too much and after she put on primer, she didn't really wait for it to dry for long. Anyway, I use 1.5 pumps for my entire face and the coverage is great. My only complaint is that it is a bit tooo drying.
**edit 2: I like this better except the color is way too light for me... I use this for under my eyes...works perfect because I have yet to find an under eye concealer that wasn't caked on. I also put this when I want to highlight without shimmer... play with shadows the same way you contour but with lighter colors. It is a bit pricey and this bottle is taking me FOREVER to finish by just using it little by little...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2008 6:12:00 AM More reviews by Maude99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tanned skin and the colour match is great. Downside is that I find this product a little heavy, I always mix it 1 part Colour Ideal to 2 parts moisturiser - that's because I don't care for a heavily made up look. If you are looking to cover up flaws this is a great one.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2008 6:26:00 AM More reviews by NukiDuki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

smooth application, looks natural, effectively covers bumps and imperfections.. when applied it lets your skin breath, and does not clog your pores.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2008 9:07:00 AM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this foundation (although I didn't ask for it - a saleslady just put it into my bag with other samples). I thought that this type of foundation was not for me - this is a light foundation and I thought it was supposed for young ladies, I use foundations for mature skin. Anyway I tried it, expecting not to be satisfied (I expected poor coverage and not sufficiently moisturizing texture). But, well, I am pleasantly surprised: this is a nice foundation, very pleasant on the skin, light-feel and the skin can breath. But it also gives a decent coverage (medium, I would say), perfects and uniforms the color of your complexion and have a decent light-reflecting properties... Looks very natural on the face, almost like you have not makeup, but just have a nice, healthy, radiant complexion. No mask-like look, very natural...This would be nice for everyday - day wear, I think that I really should not stick only with heavier foundations for mature skins... This looks nice and it is also very moisturizing, what is very important to me - and I really didn't expect it would be enough moisturizing for my dehydrated, a bit sensitive and demanding skin (it is more moisturizing than a new Lancome's PHOTOGENIC LUMESSENCE foundation for dry & mature skin, which I tried some time ago and was not satisfied at all - it was drying and dull-looking, absolutely not enough moisturizing).
Staying power is also very good - no oxidation or color change, in my case. Lancome web-site says it is a fonudation for "all skin types" , "perfected, even and fresh
natural finish", SPF 15.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2008 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Come_N_Get_It

I am Asian and was using MAC studio tech for some time, but needed something lighter. I love this product because it matches my skin perfectly, since I have yellow undertones. Even chanel did not have an exact shade for me. The only downfall I would have with this product is that I cannot tell when I am about to be out.

It certainly is not too heavy and even has SPF!