Bioderma Sebium H2O

4.2

WATER (AQUA), PEG-6 CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC GLYCERIDES, SODIUM CITRATE , ZINC GLUCONATE, COPPER SULFATE, GINKGO BILOBA EXTRACT, MANNITOL, XYLITOL, RHAMNOSE, FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, CITRIC ACID, DISODIUM EDTA, CETRIMONIUM BROMIDE, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM).

on 9/12/2012 3:20:00 PM

I first used the Bioderma cleanser for sensitive skin (Sensibio) and loved it. When it was time to repurchase, I decided to try the Sébium version for combination or oily skin, as that is what I have.

Performance wise, I found it to be identical to the Sensibio version. It removed all my makeup, except waterproof mascara. It does so easily and leaves skin feeling clean and without any residue. I didn't notice any skincare benefits with regards to combating oiliness or preventing breakouts. Perhaps this cleanser is slightly harsher than the sensitive skin version, but not so much that I could spot the difference.

The drawback for me is that, unlike Sensibio, this has a strong floral scent, almost like perfume. While the scent is not unpleasant, it was a bit strong and I didn't like the idea of using perfumed liquid on my eyes. Since the only difference between Sensibio and Sébium was the scent, at least in my experience, I will go back to using unscented Sensibio. If you enjoy floral fragrances in your makeup remover, then by all means, use Sébium H2O.

on 9/11/2012 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Stung my eyes and left me with breakouts. Not sure what this is really good for. I use to clean my brushes and to clean up makeup mistakes

on 9/3/2012 4:56:00 AM

GREAT FACE CLEANSER FOR OILY & COMBINATION SKIN, YOU WILL NOTICE DIFFERENCE WITHIN A DAY!

on 8/13/2012 6:43:00 PM

Just a super gentle but really effective cleansing water that even removes waterproof mascara. Much less expensive compared to other brands: Caudalie $3.88/oz, Koh Gen Do $3.84/oz, Bioderma $1.93/oz

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this in Belgium as up to a few months ago it was not sold in Italy. I bought a two 500ml pack on offer in a chemists at 19 euros so I think it was a jolly good deal. The product is really straightforward to use: just pour a little bit on a cotton pad and go all over your face. It seems so unassumingly transparent but it works really well to take off my face makeup (I use a separate eyemakeup remover). I also use it if I'm home and not wearing makeup to freshen my face as I get really oily during the day. It has had no negative effect on my acne-prone skin so so far so good! I would recommend this totally!

on 8/1/2012 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

An emphatic YES on "would I buy this again"! This is the best skincare product I've ever purchased. If I had to use only one thing, it would be this. This takes off all my makeup, I do take my eye makeup off with a separate eye makeup remover. This leaves my face clean and calm and perfectly balanced. This is my cleanser and toner and when done I don't feel the need to use moisturizer, maybe in the winter though. My skin looks so good that I have honestly cut out the extras in my skincare and really rely on this alone. So glad I found this! I recommend it to everyone with acne-prone or combination skin types. Update: Still loving this, I'm on my 3rd bottle and have introduced friends to this miracle. A word of warning: this will make your skin purge initially but within a week or so it should be smoothe sailing. I couldn't imagine life without this product, I wouldn't use anything else if it were offered to me for free. Update: I still love this stuff, however, when I find at times my skin is oilier, I will use the foaming gel version of this and it helps control oil better for those that have oilier skin.

on 7/10/2012 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This works well to remove my minimal facial makeup - powder and a touch of concealer, so sunscreen or foundation. I use the Crealine h2o version for my eye makeup, after applying argan oil if I've worn something other than my standards - highlighter and a tiny bit of brown eyeliner.
As an oily and clog prone type, this could never be my "main" cleanser, but I do think my skin has improved a bit since I started using this version on my face instead of the original, and I definitely notice a difference if I don't use either.

Complaints:
Dye - why?
Fragrance - again...really?
Have to order it online, though that's not Bioderma's fault is it?

on 7/1/2012 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is good for removing makeup on the face without making it feel oily or stripped. However, do caution against using it on your eye area. This made my eyes sting and it did not remove my waterproof mascara at all. Will update after longer use to see if it helps improve my skin condition.

on 5/31/2012 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HG miracle broth for me. I use it as a toner and it just has a way of toning and removing al the makeup that might be left over, as well as dissinfecting my face and keeping acne at bay. You could litterally wipe this over your face for hours and it will not irratate your skin whatsoever. I knew it was amazing when it removed, in about 3 seconds without any effort whatsoever, the huge stain on my hand from Benefit's Chacha tint, after i had been scrubbing away with cleaners and soap to no avail.

on 5/15/2012 5:51:00 PM

If you are looking for a glentle cleanser for oily and acne prone skin, this isn't it.
I love Bioderma sensibio cleansing water (without fragance) for my eye area, but I really don't like this one (I only tried it on my face). It smells bad (makes me want to flush it down the toilet...) and irritates my skin.