L'Oreal Volume Shocking Waterproof

2.8

on 1/28/2009 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

To start off with, I have to say I bought this product in Waterproof...and I know that tends to wear a little different than the regular, but I hated it. It went on clumpy and I couldn't even get the comb through it. Although I'm still not sure what purpose the comb serves. Kinda odd. I love most L'Oreal products, but won't buy this particular one again.

on 1/12/2009 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Skip this and go for one of Maybelline's double-ended XXL mascaras instead. Compared to Maybelline, it's a huge letdown. The blue lengthening side doesn't extend your lashes much (not as much as I'm used to with Maybelline) and smells weird and plastic'y. You don't want to bring that stuff near your face. The mascara is thick despite the rubber comb brush. I didn't like how despite my lashes being clump-free with the comb brush, they were stuck together into a few thick lashes because of the mascara formula. Don't bother with this well-intentioned but sucky product. I gave it 2 Lipsticks because you can at least get some sort of a nice look from it if absolutely desperate, but you can get something much much MUCH better out there for the same price.

on 1/1/2009 12:59:00 AM

Lucky I got this in a sale, I hated the package the bulky tube!

It gives me panda eyes under 4 hours, I can remove it using shu cleansing oil

will not buy anymore L'oreal mascara!!!!

update: I gave this item another chance and used with clarins top coat! BLAH, I looked like I have black paint smeared on my lids after few hours, bad PRODUCT!!!!!

on 12/17/2008 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love and hate this mascara. I love it because this is the only mascara that holds, lengthen and seperate my lashes all at once. It does give a false eyelash effect and compliments. It does take a little time to get used to the whole prime then coat application but nothing too hard to get used to, just a little time consuming. Oh and it is a good waterproof mascara. But that is another reason to why i love and hate because as others below mentioned; it is impossible to get it off! Like you really have to have the patience to remove this mascara, otherwise it's stuck on till next day. I lost lashes trying to remove this. However I go back to it every once in awhile since I can't find any other mascara that can do what this one can :p

on 11/10/2008 10:25:00 AM

The loreal volume shocking mascara, is better than most MAC mascaras in my opinion. Hand on heart! You can grab this product at drug stores for around 9pounds in the uk. and for about $15 in the US. It comes with both comb and brush applicators, and in waterproof and normal types. It's dual ended, the grey side lifts and volumises lashes, and the black side seperates defines and coats each individual lash in a rich black colour. The only downside to this product, especially if you are using the waterproof mascara, is that it is very difficult to get off! But I say deffinatley worth it to get a gorgeous faulse lash effect. If you're after a natural looking mascarra then i dont suggest you use this, but the define a lash mascarra from maybeline. :).

on 10/12/2008 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This mascara gives my lashes an incredible look!
Although it does take some time to work the mascara, the results are amazing,
Length and volume
(but i have to seperate the lashes myself with a pin)
It holds all day long! im not exaggerating!
Which also happens to be a bad thing when you want to take it off, because it feels like you're trying to take off cement.
You end up losing lots of lashes from the tugging and wiping and after all your efforts, it still wont come off.
Amazing results -time consuming application, and frustrating removal
=
not buying this again

on 9/21/2008 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Dear God, this stuff does not come off AT ALL. It takes more effort and eye trauma than I am willing to invest in a mascara (nearly 10 minutes of chipping and wiping). I'm not opposed to the look this gives, and like the regular VS it works fabulously with a little practice. However, the difficult removal negates the positives. If you want drag-queen-dramatic lashes that stay on for days, then this might be your product. Otherwise, look elsewhere.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I bought this because I loved the regular version.Let me tell you how waterproof is the operative word in this mascara's description. You cannot remove this mascara from your eyes. I went to Miami a month ago and the only good thing about this mascara is that after a day of swimming at the beach, it never budged from my lashes. When I tried to remove it to no avail that night, I was beyond irritated. After trying for ten minutes with soap and makeup remover, I called it quits. I tried to remove the remainder of what was left of my lashes the next morning. This is a horrible nightmare of a mascara for contact lens wearers.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

After reading all the reviews on this mascara I've come to the conclusion that there may actually be some people it works for.
NOT me. I have long, curved, full eyelashes. this mascara makes my lashes clumped and messy and dirty looking.

I think this may work for someone who has thin lashes, or just not as many as i do because its a product that will add a lot of thickness.

on 6/28/2008 10:25:00 PM

This is by far the worst mascara I have ever used. It's waterproof all right... so waterproof I have to use half a bottle of makeup remover to remove it (and I'm not even exaggerating). The first step, some white stuff that has no purpose whatsoever, is so clumpy and thick you can barely get the second step, the actual mascara, on. The brushes are completely different as well, making it even more difficult. The result? White clumpy lashes with traces of dark. Volume shocking, yeah right. Makes you look psychotic. I will never EVER buy this product again. I'll use the dark mascara part once in a while, maybe for the beach, as long as I'm prepared to use HALF A BOTTLE of makeup remover afterwards.

Hate this stuff.
Never, EVER buy it.
I wish I didn't have to give it any lipsticks.

Popular Mascaras