L'Oreal Voluminous Marker eyeliner

2.2

on 8/4/2011 7:54:00 PM

wow! I can see alot of people do not like this product. well for me i actually do. I went to target finding the maybelline line stiletto liquid eyeliner but i couldn't find it so i went and saw this eyeliner and it was a pen so i wanted to try it out since it was only $5. i was going to get the L'Oreal lineur intense eyeliner since alot of reviews loved it but it was $8 and I'm trying to save money (I'm a teenager). Well anways when i took the product i smelled it and it smelled like a sharpie so one star/lipstick off. -____- but applying it was easy. If you want to make a thin line use the tip. It looked nice on me and i could do the wing. This was my 3rd liquid eyeliner purchase since i use to use pencil but when it's hot the pencil eyeliner tends to be smudged and some of it would go top of eyelid so i decided to be into liquid now. Bottom Line it's a good eyeliner pen just not the smell
I don't know why there's so many bad reviews on this. it works fine on me and it does not smudge. If you want an eyeliner pen that has a tipped brush to make straight lines sure get this. About $5-7
EDIT: I tried the product again today and the tip hurts! it's not soft and when i tried to make the thin line it came out thick. I can see why people don't like this item. I think it's so-so. Next time i'm going to get the Maybelline Line stiletto liquid eyeliner instead!

on 6/13/2011 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Just want to add to all the negative reviews so people thinking about buying this liner will change their mind. I bought this product before I joined MUA unfortunately, so I had no idea how bad it would be.

It is not pigmented at all. The marker type tip is so thick and stiff that it actually makes it more difficult to apply. Also, I couldn't even get a full line out of it when I pulled the tip across my lash line... the product just stopped coming out about a third of the way on my eyes! If I try to go back over to finish the line, the tip will wipe the liner I just deposited off! It's not like I've only tried to use this a couple times either. I have tried SO many times to make this product work. I can honestly say this is the worst eyeliner I've ever purchased and I cannot believe it's still on the market. It's one of the more expensive drugstore liners too... don't waste your money on this crap!

on 6/13/2011 11:58:00 AM

I disliked this product very much. the felt tip was angled but way to thick. The pointed part of the nagle wasn't pointy either it was also flat if that makes sense. The product made skidd marks on my eye lid and just looked awful. I will not buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

pure awfulness

on 6/13/2011 10:43:00 AM

I can't say anything that hasn't already been mentioned, this is utter crap. No pigment whatsoever; the black comes off as a watery grey, even with several layers. There is no control with the bulky marker. I threw this away after 3 uses, should have known to read reviews before buying impulsively.

on 5/23/2011 6:00:00 AM

I bought the color in black, but this is the worst pigmented marker eyeliner I have ever used. I tried to draw a line, but it came out a very watery light gray. Barely any color at all. Don't waste your money on this.

on 5/4/2011 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I thought it'd be easy to use since it's in a marker form but oh boy was I wrong. If it was a thin marker, i think it would have worked out but the Marker tip is too thick to 'line' my eyes.. so I tried using it for tight-lining but the formula is not waterproof and erased off literally in minutes.. I think it might be better off used as a regular marker..

on 3/28/2011 4:11:00 PM

I definitely would not buy this eyeliner again. I got the Black Nior color so I have to retrace about 3 times to get a good, solid black. It disapears rather quickly, also. The marker concept was great but, I can barely make a thin line with it, they all turn out thick.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Horrible eyeliner!.....the tip is dry and when you do get it to come out it looks gray and watery. Returned it to the store pronto. Liner Intense is great tho.

on 1/28/2011 9:20:00 PM

This product sucks on its own. I was hoping it would be a faster way to line my eyes when I'm on the go. I was so disappointed with the color payoff. However, this works great as an "eyeliner primer". I use this as a base to either darken up a brown eyeliner or under an eyeliner that smudges. It stays on ALL day and doesn't budge at all! Also, it comes off so easily. I'd only give it 3 lippies since I don't use it for its real purpose.