September 23, 2014 | 1639 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by EboniBrandon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I tried this recently because I find myself wanting a flawless look quickly these days plus my skin is finally less problematic. Pared with the Moisture Select concealer it is the perfect combination for me. Flawless looking skin, fast application and reasonably long wearing. At the end of a day on fall/winter days, i look dewy and not oily. Now it's summer I find I look shiny after about four hours, but nothing a blot and touch up cant fix.

Can look cakey if too heavily applied, a touch of setting spray at the end helps loads to fix this if you find you've gone over board on the powder. The sponge it comes with is rubbish. I prefer to apply this with a brush and to cover old acne scars I apply to those areas with a concealer brush and then buff around the outter area to blend.

It is also excellent as a finishing powder when I do decide to wear full makeup now.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by OliviaWalter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall I really love this product, for the price there are cheaper alternatives but this does the job and I really like it so I'm not too bothered by the price tag! I love this on days when you don't want to go to heavy coverage with foundation so I just build this up slightly on my face to help even out my skin tone a bit and it feels so light yet really helps to give my skin a nice air brush finish, you can also just use it with a light hand as a setting powder so it is quite a versatile product in that sense. It is a handy compact to chuck in your bag and I would most likely repurchase it again x

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by chloenic0le

Looks flawless on, though I am not a fan of the sponge that came with it as I think it makes it look a bit cakey so I tend to use a foundation brush to apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by vic37

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product works magic.
So easy to apply & so quick.
I do not break out from this product at all.
I apply before school, last till after school.
Make sure you use a primer & mostiriser.
What I love is you can add whatever coverage you want and your skin will still look amazing.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by minaleonard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually don't wear foundation (or anything on my skin for that matter...) NC40 matches my skin beautifully, but it made me break out like no other. I do have oily skin, but I remove my makeup and cleanse my face everyday. I put it away for about a month, but as soon as I applied it, what do you know? Another breakout. Shame because I love mac lipsticks and oil control lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by karenayala13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

ALWAYS the go to compact! It never fails. Flawless, don't need touch ups and longwear. I've applied in the morning before work with prime, foundation and last but not least studio fix powder and then hit the gym after work and TADAAAAA still matte! How? I have no idea but I love it! :D Now that I'm starting to show some fine wrinkles and laugh lines I must admit it settles a bit into the creases but plan on switching up my liquid foundation to the studio sculpt. (crossing fingers)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 9:01:00 AM More reviews by nena72879

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have yellow under toned Filipino skin. I use C35 for winter and spring and C40 for summer to fall. The colour is perfect and highly pigmented and for me that's the most important thing. Secondly, coverage is AWESOME.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2014 4:26:00 AM More reviews by CatVid

I find this product not worth the price.

I am experiencing breakouts everytime I use it and it goes on very cakey.

Creases into expression lines throughout the day and therefore making it look like you have wrinkles. You will have to check your face in the mirror often to smudge those away...very high maintenance.

Positive aspects are the amount of product you get...I think it contains about 3-4 grams more than the average drugstore powder and it has a very high coverage. Also, and this goes with al MAC products, you will be able to get a colour that really matches your skintone because of their broad colour range.

But I feel it might be the wrong product for people with skinproblems who are mostly seeking high coverage products because it can make their skin worse. I think those should ask for a sample before purchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This wasn't a bad foundation, but I had a real hard time finding my color match. The MAC makeup artists insist that I'm a NW20, but it's just too pink! The product itself does a pretty good job covering, but can get cakey if applied with a heavy hand. Plus, it gets a tad greasy after a couple of hours. I much prefer the Loose Mineral Foundation by MAC, the shade Light Plus is perfect for my skin tone-doesn't provide as much coverage, but it's nothing a little concealer can't fix.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by bobbi0908

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this powder! The color really matches my skin it does crease under my eye, and my smily lines()... But it doesn't cause me to break out and just in the summer time my face gets a little oily so it feels a little heavy in the heat. I apply it over prep+ prime and concealer and it stays put on a normal day, using bare minerals kabuki brush and it works just fine. I would recommend it and I will be purchasing again!