MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Full coverage on top of full coverage! I love a full coverage face anytime I am out for an event or even a get together. I have these in 3 shades to set my full face after i put on my foundation: NC35 for highlight, NC50 (sometimes i use NC45) to contour and NC42 for the in between shades of my highlight and contour. Set it and your face will stay on all day! I pack these babies on esp concentrating on my t-zone areas Bc I am oily/combination. I still have to blot but not as much and my makeup will not disappear after blotting. If you are dry, make sure you moisturize well esp under your eyes if you need to set your highlight area. Other than that, if your looking for that flawless photogenic look at all times set your face with these babies !

I'm torn by this product as its awful as a complete foundation but fab when used for setting and touching up studio fix liquid,as a complete base its sheer talcum powder finish offers no coverage just a very 1990s ghosty powder look with dry eyes an red nose peeking through(this is how I spent my teen years looking)so I was aghast products like these still on market! However when I used it over my studio fix liquid it was beautiful and flawless,avoiding under eye skin of course! So do not purchase unless as a setting touch up compact,although expensive for this purpose, only it will last a long time,warning... The shades run a lot lighter in this product so get a match up first,im nw13 in liquid an the nw18 is close enough, also the lighter the shade the chalkier it seems

I love this product. I've tried so many matte powders, only to have them all flake or look chalky.
It's my go-to everyday powder. The price is a bit steep, and I swear its gotten more expensive since the last time I purchased it, but i'll keep buying it because it works for me.
I like the coverage, but I do agree with a lot of other reviews about the staying power. You'll need to take it with you to do touch ups. I find if i layer it with primer, liquid, and concealer it stays a lot longer than it would without primer.

I've been using this for years and I love the amount of coverage it gives when layered over foundation. I usually use this as a powder concealer as well as an all over powder. Over the course of the day, it does begin to dry my skin out (obviously because it's a matte powder) and causes it to flake more than usual. But, I think that this product should only really be avoided by people with very dry skin.

My go to beauty product to put on a decent face... wish it lasted me more than 2 hours without touch up.... needs reapplying as i have combination oily skin..

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this in Japan when I was on vacation there, and needed to spend a little more to get a bonus item.

This is WONDERFUL coverage. I do have oily skin, with moderate acne that was aggravated by dirty water and air in southeast Asia. It was so helpful in stopping me feeling self conscious every time I stepped out in Asia. The staying power, unfortunately, is rather low by itself. It definitely requires a primer or some kind of setting spray or powder.

The worse thing, even though I absolutely love the coverage: this breaks me out with whiteheads, blackheads, and pimples, and later, if I persist in using it, cysts. I changed my skincare routine just so I could continue using this, but nada.

I haven't thrown it away because I am hoping that in the future I can use it. Or maybe for special occasions.

My skin is very very very oily and this is the only foundation i've tried that somewhat controls the oil. Without primer, I still have to blot after 3-4 hours but it's better than anything else.
It doesn't look cakey, but i do use it quite lightly using a kabuki brush. Probably will look cakey if used with the provided sponge as it picks up way more than a brush would.
Doesn't break me out.
Price is getting more and more expensive here in asia but it last more than a year for me when used every working day.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this product! It's totally amazing! I really needed a powder foundation, since I don't really like liquid foundation and this did the job for me! It's so good,I'm absolutely in love with it! They give it with a sponge, but I prefer to use it with the Mac 193 foundation brush ( I was guided by a lovely lady at the Mac store) and it is really good! A nice texture and not too powdery. I use the shade NC41. And tje packing is fabulous! It comes with a mirror and a compartment for the sponge(below the powder) Totally worth the price!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this made me break out into large bumps on my face

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This broke me out SO bad. I have never experienced break outs like I have had from this, if you are acne prone at all do not go near it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials