MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 1/15/2015 5:26:00 PM

This is my absolute fav powder foundation so far. It blends very naturally, loved the fact that it has a lot of shades to choose. Definately a keeper!!

on 1/14/2015 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just love it!
It's a must have! I use it every day when I'm in a hurry to get ready.. And sometimes, when I have a more special hing I put it on the BB cream and it gives such a perfect coverage!
I felt sorry to hear that is not good for my skin, but it's so practical and handy that I can't think about replacing it!

on 1/13/2015 12:40:00 AM

STAY AWAY IF YOU HAVE ACNE! I'm an esthetician and when I see young women with horrible, cystic acne and extremely congested skin with blackheads galore, I ask if they use MAC Studio Fix and 9 out of 10 times I'm right! It's a vicious circle because it covers so well that you can't see the acne as much, but then it's clogging your pores so badly while you wear it, that you break out even worse, then.. more makeup, more breakouts, etc. etc... Disgusting stuff! Try Make Up For Ever Duo Mat instead. It doesn't contain Nylon or Silica (which are used in packaging materials!!) and won't clog the pores. The coverage isn't as good, but you won't need as much once you get past the nasty breakouts from the MAC garbage. Get a good deep cleanse, a peel and microdermabrasion after the MAC and before the new makeup.

on 1/7/2015 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this product! I use it every day, it has full coverage on dark spots or pimples. My skin is oily and this foundation control de oil for almost all day; I have to reapply sometimes during the day. High recommended! I've been using this for 2 years and the only thing that bothers me is the price; a little expensive, but it worth.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I haven't worn Mac..since Rupaul was their spokesperson lol I thought I would give it a try again. Drum roll...LOVE IT! Awesome coverage...can be lightly worn with a brush or use the sponge for more. I used smashbox pore minimizing photo finish primer as a base and highly recommend both to someone that battles oily skin.

on 1/1/2015 3:57:00 PM

This is my HG powder. I have been using it to set my foundation, as well as for touch ups during the day, for the past 5 years.

I apply with a brush, and it will last me about 8 months of daily use before I have to repurchase. The sponge is good for application as a concealer if you have a pimple.

I haven't been able to find another powder that matches the coverage and oil control that this does. I highly recommend!!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I have been using this product over my bare minerals foundation for years! Or if I am using a fluid foundation I use this to set the foundation along with giving me extra coverage. I can't fault this foundation at all. I do think however it is hard work using it on its own. I also carry this in my handbag to top up my foundation after a long day and to keep me matte in summer. With a handy mirror and a bottom base for your sponge which is included, it's perfect! Coverage is light/medium if used with another foundation it would be medium.

on 12/30/2014 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought the shade NW45 and it matched with my skin very well. I applied this powder on top of my Studio Fix Liquid Foundation. Unfortunately this powder made me break out horribly. I assumed it was because my skin was not able to tolerate 2 foundations at the same time. I decided to use it alone without any liquid foundation but it still made me break out. It has good buildable coverage but it can look cakey on the skin. Its also too pricey. I gave this foundation a chance and it did not work for me. In general I find MAC foundations too heavy on my skin and they usually break me out. In future I will be sticking to less heavy powders

on 12/23/2014 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The coverage is great and the color was spot on. But within a week of starting this, I started to break out horribly (like worse than my teen years). Severe, painful cystic acne with clogged pores. It made my T-zone so oily while wearing it. I would not recommend buying this product on the chance you might start breaking out. Now I'm switching to a new foundation (and new company) and I'm hoping it can improve my skin and cover the acne scars I now have.

on 12/19/2014 5:59:00 PM

I used to love this product and used if for a couple of years, nc25 suits me well and gives a good coverage until I worked in an airline. It made my whiteheads and blackheads on my nose come out and it doesn't cover it. I had my facial then again when i used this product again it made my whiteheads and blackheads come out easily. I tried to stop it for sometime, and my blackheads and whiteheads lessened. Im just sad because i still have 1compact remaining.