MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 6/19/2015 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

This is a good product for when you're on the go.

- Very convenient packaging. It comes with a sponge applicator.
- The coverage is good. It's a versatile product that gives medium to full coverage
- I used to use this every day and never broke out in spots or anything. It's good for oily/dry/sensitive skin.
- MAC has a big range of shades available for this product.

- You really need to use a brush if you want medium coverage. The sponge applicator only gives a sheer coverage unless you dampen it first.

on 6/19/2015 9:41:00 AM

I am NC 25. Have been using this one on and off for about 15 years. And wasn't able to find a better pressed power. All others ( Estée Lauder, shisheido, Armani, T'le clere ) has less coverage than this one.

When I first used 15? Years ago, I had very oily skin, so much so that , I was being put on accutane a few years later. So, pressed powder, any pressed powder, not MAC in particular, won't work with oily skin. Whatever that hold the powder into a pressed form will gonna hurt your oily skin.

Until recently, I used this with the sponge provided. After I saw this

I apply this with my powder brush ( Shu uemura retractable powder brush), which gives me a slightly less coverage finish ( more natural). I then use my finger to take some powder out, and dab on marks I need to cover, sometimes a few layers on those spots.

Give me a more natural , skin - like look than using the sponge.

So, after 15 years of test driving various pressed powder, this and the Armani one are the only two I will repurchase.

on 6/16/2015 7:40:00 AM

Omg I hate myself for not trying out this product a long time ago. I have been missing out tremendously. Whenever I don't feel like wearing liquid foundation, I'll just use the maybelline concealer with this powder and I'm good to go. This foundation is build able to full coverage and to me it's pretty light weight. It definitely blew the water out of my other high end foundations. This is a must have and must try for others!!!

on 6/15/2015 6:16:00 PM

I was very excited to try this powder after I had purchased the Prolong Wear foundation, but I dont think this suits my skin very well because at first it gives me a nice satin finish, but after 3 hours, my face looks very dewy! I wanted to keep trying it out and used it for 1 week straight and it totally broke me out!

on 6/12/2015 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG Powder. Can not live without. I am NC20.

on 6/10/2015 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I am a light-medium, olive undertoned girl. I have a VERY hard time finding foundation that matches me due to my olive undertone. Everything looks pink on me, even if it looks yellow in the bottle. I use this foundation, because its easy to apply, matches me perfect (i use C30) and has good coverage (medium to full). A few things i wish were better was i wish it was a little cheaper (around $30) and I wish it stayed on longer. I prep my skin with primer and then use a setting powder and spray, and it doesnt last as long as i would like it to (around 4-5 hours). Im fine with reapplying since it matches me perfect, however.

I wish C30 came in a liquid....NC25 is my liquid match, but its slightly pink (of course).

on 6/2/2015 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This powder is SO pigmented and finely-milled. It takes me two minutes to go from bare-faced to nearly-flawless canvas, ready to add color. I can even build it up a bit over areas of hyperpigmentation to hide it a little better. NW43 is my absolute perfect skintone match! Nice matte finish, which is appreciated by my combo-oily face. Can last up to 7-8 hours on me with midday blotting. Unfortunately, this cannot be my everyday foundation, not matter how much I want it to be, because it clogs the pores on my cheeks and forehead. So I'll wear it occasionally, but not repurchase. The search for a beautiful matte powder foundation continues.

on 6/2/2015 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

So this is one of good powders in the market but it is not perfect. If you are oily and applying this by itself, it will disappear and melt like any other powders in the market. A primer cannot hold it on either, unless you use cement. Having said that, I use this over my liquid foundation and on special occasions to create a canvas for my bronzer or blush. As far as the quality goes, just like other MAC products, you need to watch out. The MAC products seem NOT to be fit for everyday use as they could clog pores and dry your skin. Overall, I think this product can be compared to drugstore products at 1/3 of the price.

on 5/28/2015 7:05:00 PM

I love this powder! I have never found a better foundation since the day I started using it, it has really good coverage. I use it everyday by itself, it lasts me all day and I only have to get a new thing of it every few months so its worth it for the price.

After years of buying crap powder from the drug store I finally decided to buy this and I love it! Makes me look like porcelain. My skin doesn't seem to react to it. My only problem with it is it doesn't seem to stay on my skin too long and needs reapplications throughout the day, but as a person relatively new to make-up maybe I'm doing something wrong or skipping a step? In the future as I learn more I'll come back and edit this maybe. Regardless, the quality is great and I love this product.