July 23, 2014 | 1931 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Eyeshadow Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by beautylatte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked this up on a whim for $1 and whaddaya know - it has become my go-to eyeshadow brush!! I've bought a couple more since and can understand why a few people have had a bad experience with them. The quality varies slightly per brush, and I have gotten one that sheds and another that doesn't at all. It's $1 and so I can forgive the lackluster quality control. Overall, this brush RULZ.

The brush has short, dense bristles that work great for patting color onto the lids evenly. I have small eyelids and so the short bristles work perfectly for me.

Next item on my wishlist is the MAC 239 eyeshadow brush, and I am eager to compare the quality and performance. I fully expect the MAC to exceed the e.l.f. technically, but comparing the price $1 vs $25, and how well the e.l.f. one works for me, the MAC one is already at a major disadvantage. I will update with my comparison once I get my hands on the 239!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by xonicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

There's nothing special about this brush. I use this brush to pack the eyeshadow onto the lid, that's about it. I don't find much use for this brush. I do use this brush very often tho. I love all of my E.L.F products. But, this brush is basic.This brush is definitely a miss for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

This brush works pretty well for putting color all over the eyelid, but it feels scratchy and stiff to me. I have much better quality brushes from EcoTools that cost me only a little more than this brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by ncballerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This eye brush is good for beginners but is by no means the best eye brush out there. It is soft enough and picks up colors well, so for $1 I'm not complaining!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I saw this for 5 dollars so I had to snag it!!

I opened up the package to check it once I bought it (I didn't want to give her something sub-standard), and I was AMAZED that this brush was so good!! It is certainly comparable quality to my MAC brushes. I was so stunned, I went straight back to the store and bought another! I also bought the short-handled blush brush, which was also good quality though not quite as much as this

I definitely recommend this!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by bldsgrsxmgk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Got this given to me in a gift set, and is reflective of its price. This brush is crap for eyeshadow. It sheds, and on mine the bristles were either not cut or glued evenly as it is jagged and misshapen. However, I have found use for it. It works well for moving potted concealer to the face to await finger blending.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by gagaglam03

Am I the only one who doesn't like this product? It sheds like crazy and doesn't apply anything well.. I guess you get what you pay for

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by TheLastOfUs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

With the Eye Defining Brush in the same line doing wonders for me, this brush was a little disappointing. It's pretty good, but not as much as the Eye Defining. It does shed, unlike my other E.L.F. brush. But what can I expect, it's a dollar. I can't be as harsh on this as I would be if a M.A.C. brush did the same thing.

It's not bad for eyeshadow, it applies your eyeshadows well. I still recommend it, if you don't mind some mild shedding (and it'll probably stop shedding after you clean it too).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

Amazing brush for applying eyeshadow to the lids. It picks up so much product and packs on easily to the lids. I prefer this one way over my Urban Decay brush and this was only 1$!!!! I use this every single day and never had any shedding and the hairs are super soft. This is a top quality brush for an insanely cheap price!! Its a no brainer, A MUST BUY!!! Best dollar ive ever spent!! A++++

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Rachel15makeupqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i use this brush daily. i cant live without it