January 28, 2015 | 1433 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by woooooosha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. It doesn't go on like your typical foundation, and I was really surprised hat how watery it was at first.

I love how it applies, actually, you have to sort of massage it into your skin. It leaves your skin feeling light and smooth, and you can barely tell its there. It's incredibly gentle on your skin, and slightly resistant to water. I did order a shade too dark, so you can tell in pictures that it's not the right color for me.

It has a good amount of coverage for how watery it is, and it is build-able.

Unfortunately, my skin is too much of a wreck to continue buying this since I go through it too quickly to cover up a lot of blemishes. There's just no way I could sustain buying this at 40 bucks a pop that often! If it had better coverage, it would be my HG.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this foundation to be just meh. I goes on nicely, feels nice and lasts throughout my workday but it didn't make me say ooooh niiiiice. It is my HG...nope.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by husveges

HG foundation. I've tried the entire drugstore, all of Clinique and some Estee Lauder. That was four years ago. Now I skip the fuss and always use Make Up For Ever Face and Body. It's sheer and blends like nothing else, and it's fool proof. (Btw, see my notepad about my new favorite secondhand designer clothing store.)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It literally feels like water! I have a problem with foundations clinging on to dry spots on my face. For the first time I'm able to say I have no dry spots and this foundation hydrated my skin so nicely. It is a sheer coverage foundation, so if you have spots you need a concealer. The finish of this is also very natural, quite dewy so I do put a setting powder over my t-zone. My skin is very oily, acne prone, and sensitive. Not loving the scent though. All of Make Up For Ever foundations have a heavy fragrance unfortunately.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by paleandpink

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So I have pale dry/dehydrated skin and as I have said before I can not stand any foundation that has a yellow tint/hue to it. I have pinkish undertones and the yellow hue makes me look nasty. I bought this face and bod foundation in #38. I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! People always comment on how beautiful my skin looks. I do not use a primer under it. I only use my moisturizer and sunscreen. I started applying it with the beauty blender sponge and loving it.
One of the best foundations out there for skin like mine. You won't be dissapointed (unless you buy the wrong shade)!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by redshift

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best foundation I have ever tried. And I have tried hundreds. It covers what I need covered, can be built up, never looks cakey and lasts through heat and humidity in Oklahoma summers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

I had gotten this in a swap out of curiosity to see how it performs next to macs version. I am very fickle with how much coverage I like, so I swapped it away again. It was a very enjoyable foundation to use when I had it, but I felt like something more heavy duty for the wintertime.
This week I had gone home to my hometown for xmas and the only foundation I packed (mufe hd) was too dark and seemed to emphasize every nook and cranny of my face, making my skin look absolutely horrendous. I wanted something buildable, looks good in photos and at least wouldn't melt or emphasize my flaws further.

This stuff does a pretty darn good job. It looks ultra natural and with my bars concealer my complexion is flawless but still human. You don't see every peach fuzz, lines, or pores magnified. For every day this really is the best you can do if you feel like everything else you have is caking especially in cold weather.

I am nc25-30 and use 32. Its forgiving enough but If I build too many layers it looks too peachy and not yellow enough. One coat is enough for me. I spot conceal any dark spots or redness.

Also remember to shake vigorously and apply straight onto your face if you can. I use fingers for best results.

The smell is strange and artificial but it goes away after a minute. If you are sensitive to scent this may be the biggest deal breaker. Otherwise I am looking forward to using this more often as my daily foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an amazing product and I am surprised I have not gotten this sooner. Well it's better now than later as this is an excellent and my favorite foundation hands down! I'm a 36 in this or Pink Porcelain and an NW20,N1 in MAC and light or fair in anything and I have a cool undertone. Natural blonde with green eyes and this gives me a soft focus, natural finish. Honestly out of all my bases this one actually looks like skin. It's totally natural and I love that I will most definitely be getting it in a little darker colour for Summer. But for now this is amazing I applied with my hands and a stipple brush and that worked great. I cannot get over how natural it looks and the scent I do not mind but I like certain scents and I'm not sensitive to them thank goodness because I love this!

It doesn't feel heavy and would be very hard to cake up on yourself so to me this is a total winner. I have decent skin so I didn't have much to hide so about 1 and a half pumps works very well for me. It sheers out beautifully and dries very natural on the skin. If you don't have much to cover or want light coverage this is the foundation you want. It truly delivers a beautiful, natural finish. I also love the pump top, you have to shake the bejeezus out of it but for that beautiful colour I'm sold. Mine is like a beige light pink skin it matches me perfectly and it blends with or without primer. Lasts a very long time you forget you're wearing this because it's so light. I adore this product. Highly Recommended!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by ilec

I just bought this and tried it out today. First thing I noticed was that there were foundation stuck on the glass bottle in patches, you can see it when you hold it horizontally, did I get a bad one or had it expired? Or is it just this gross looking? Also, when I took the pump out to look at it, the foundation that was sticking on the tube was all gloopy and not smooth, is this normal? If someone else had the same situation, can you let me know? I don't even wanna talk about the scent, it is just so strong and giving me a headache. I put this on my face for a short while before washing it off, not sure if I wanna try longer than that.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by nellyninja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

FINALLY!

I've been on the hunt for a good make-up for quite some time now! I have pale, dryish skin with freckles, and find that most make-up is either too yellow/pink, oxidises or accentuates any dry patches as the day goes on.
Leading up to my engagement party I decided I needed something without SPF for photographs.

I was quite sceptical about this make-up as I know it is sheer, but took the risk and ordered a sample.

It is sheer, but buildable! I team it with a few touches of concealer on any freckles and blend everything together with a stipple brush (best application technique fyi!!!)

It gives a natural finish with more than decent coverage (2 pumps + concealer here or there). Photographs beautifully!

I find the lasting power of this is between 6-8 hours without powder, and 10-12 with a touch of powder.

Definitely worth ordering a sample! You won't be disappointed!

My make-up quest is over <3
I use #38 Pink Porcelain - the lightest shade.

SUMMARY:

PROS
- Buildable coverage
- Natural finish & photographs beautifully
- Easy to blend (stipple brush, ladies, stipple brush)
- Last for hours
- Activity proof! (I'm an aerialist, so yeh, it stays!)
- Doesn't sink into fine lines/dry patches - and if it does, just get that stipple brush and do a light blend!
- faint scent, not overbearing

CONS
- Sheer if only using 1 layer
- A bit pricey - Approx $59