Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner Pencils (All)

4.4

on 7/26/2011 1:29:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Great range of colours, all very summery and out there! I've got 18c and it's definately a statment lip. I can't really describe the colour its just amazing.. glides on smoothly and it is extremely pigmented I even wear it as a lipstick sometimes with a little lipgloss on top.. But you need to reeeaaaally moisturize your lips beforehand!

on 6/2/2011 5:05:00 AM

Completely awesome. I have 14c which is a really beautiful "muted dusty rose." I needed something for stage that wouldn't come off on someone I was kissing, and this worked great! I totally fill in my lips with this, looks wonderful. Fades a bit over hours but doesn't come off; also a bit drying (even with chapstick on underneath). But it looks so beautiful and it does what I wanted it to (you know, stay on), I just love it!

Edit: Changed rating to 4, it catches every dry part of my lip even after exfoliating and using chapstick. I still love it, just not as much as I thought I did.

on 5/17/2011 3:31:00 PM

I bought 8c, which is strong rouge color. I absolutely love the product. It made my lipstick stay on for horus and it kept it from smudging. The only problem I had was that the plastic seal was a bit hard to remove, and once I slipped the cap off I broke the tip of the liner and needed to resharpen it. I wish it was a little bit easier to open, but I suppose next time I'll just have to be more careful. Definately will buy this product again!

on 3/22/2011 1:01:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have #4c in the MUFE Aqua Lip Liner. The color is a little hard to explain. It's like a warm, reddened mauve. It has a yellow/orange undertone. Its a little deeper than I'd like it to be, but I just take my pinky or a lip brush and soften the color up a bit. I usually wear this liner with my coral lipsticks. The lasting power is probably the best I've tried.. I would definitely repurchase, but a different shade thats more suitable for every day. Check out swatches of all the shades here.. http://karlasugar.net/2011/02/make-up-for-ever-aqua-lip-pencils/

on 3/15/2011 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Seriously amazing. I love these lippies because if I eat something, my lip liner is still there! And that's how it should be!!

Only thing I can say is, to hope they make more colors hehe

on 12/17/2010 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Even though I'm 31 I've never really been a big lipstick girl. I always played up my eyes instead. Lately though I've been taking more "risks" on my lips and it's so much fun! :) I bought this pencil in 8C, which is (to me) a bright pinky-red although I believe they call it classic red or something similar. Anyhow I use this alone, with red lipstick, or with red gloss (a fave combo is 8C + Dior Addict Ultra Gloss in 856) and it really just brightens up my face and makes me look awake when I am SO not. :) It lasts, it's easy to apply... only cons are that like others I wish it came in a twist up pencil, and it CAN be drying but from what I've discovered that seems kind of normal for pencils. I really recommend it and it's well worth the price. A staple for me. I'm NW20.

on 11/24/2010 6:42:00 PM

Kept my red lipstick in all day! Very smooth and pigmented not at all waxy! Perfect to fill in lips and outline. Smudgeproof and transferproof. It would be bettter off in a twist up though

on 10/22/2010 1:05:00 AM

These are long lasting! Even using Palmolive, I needed to scrub to remove the samples from my hand. I echo the writers who gave this only 2 lippies - the color selection veers towards the dark + dramatic. MUFE needs to add lighter nude colors and a nice neutral pink.

on 10/17/2010 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I am very impressed with these MUFE lipliners. I purchased 18C, 16c and 5C which are peach, fuchsia and light brown. The lasting power is incredible. I will give you an example how I use them. First I moisturise my lips with Carmex. I then use the fuchsia 16C to contour my lips and fill in a bit on the lips itself, smudge by rubbing lips together. Then i take my Chanel lip pencil in Roux Siena to outline the lips and go back over with 16C, this is to create dimension. As a last step I go over entire lips with a light touch of Nars Turkish Delight. You then have multi dimensional layered lips which look fantastic and will stay put for a very long time. Another look is to outline the lips with 5C and go a bit inwards on the lips itself, go over and fill in with 18C, finish off with Laura Mercier lipgloss Champagne. Have a go and experiment with the lip pencils, the lasting power will impress you. To take off is super easy, use the highly rated Chanel eye make up remover. Put a tiny bit on a cotton pad and you mildy take the whole thing off in one swipe.

on 9/15/2010 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I prefer liners that have a twist-up mechanism rather than need to be sharpened. However, this lipliner works very well. It is easy and smooth to apply, and is very pigmented. It is so pigmented that it's hard to remove even with waterproof makeup remover. I can't attest to the waterproof nature of it, but I know it doesn't bleed and that it seems to last all day. A very sturdy lipliner.

Popular Lip Liners