Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray

4.2

INCI Name WATER SD ALCOHOL 39-C POLYHYDROXYSTEARIC ACID ISONONYL ISONONANOATE ETHYLHEXYL ISONONANOATE SODIUM COCAMIDOPROPYL PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate PVP PHENOXYETHANOL CAPRYLYL GLYCOL Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide DIMETHICONE PEG-7 PHOSPHATE GLYCERETH-5 LACTATE GLUCONOLACTONE SODIUM BENZOATE PPG-3 BENZYL ETHER MYRISTATE METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSS POLYMER ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE FRAGRANCE

on 1/23/2013 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

How can you not love this stuff? I use it after I powder and it makes everything blend nicely together. It also give my skin a little glow and brings it back to life from any over powdering. It hasn't broken me out and I am on my second bottle. I also like that it sprays evenly and nicely, unlike Model in a Bottle which squirts insteads.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I buy a backup to my backup of this product. That's how much I love it. It sets my makeup in place for the whole day and takes away the powdery look of my BE foundation. It smells awesome, feels great, doesn't make anything cakey and is a MUST HAVE for my makeup bag. I buy the 8oz bottles when they have their free shipping specials and it lasts me about three months. Mind you I love spraying this stuff on my face. I want to try the bridal version but I love this so much I'm not even sure if I should try another kind. I am far from oily so I can't speak to its oil preventing powers but it helps the makeup stay in place when I workout so that's gotta be a plus! Love love love it!!!

on 12/31/2012 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This spray is pretty good. It helps my makeup look fresh for a longer amount of time. It gets rid of the cakeyness and if you applied to much powder, it helps bring some life back into your face. It does not help with oil control but there's a separate spray for that. I got this on haulerdeals.con for ten dollars, not sure if its still there. But it may be gone after new years since II think it was s holiday deal

on 11/17/2012 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

What am I doing wrong?! I spritz this three times after my entire makeup routine, and while it takes away any cakiness, I don't see much of a difference in the staying power of my makeup. Any tips on how to best utilize this spray? I really want to make it work for me since it is a little pricey!

on 10/21/2012 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I own both the original finishing spray and the No More Shine makeup finish spray. I found this worked better which is odd because I was expecting the No More Shine spray to work better for my oily skin.

The spray is extremely fine and dries down within 30 seconds which means you can just head out right after you done the spray and still look perfect. This has transformed my makeup routine because this makes my makeup have the most amazing lasting power. I do not wear makeup up till 16 hours because I think it's very damaging for the skin to be wearing makeup for such a long duration. Making my makeup last to 8-10 hours is perfectly fine and I'm sold!

This is great for those who loves to wear powder foundation or overdid your loose powder because it just melts your powder together, leaving you smooth skin that doesn't look powdery at all. I love to use this after I buff on my powder foundation which I spray in the "X" and "T" way. This does not make me look dewy or overly matte, just my natural skin should look like but with better coverage.

However, the smell of alcohol denat which is denatured alcohol in this is quite prominent. This very main ingredient kind of turns me off somehow. I will still repurchase but just the original spray because the no more shine spray doesn't seem to work very well for me.

on 10/5/2012 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Did absolutely shit all for me. Which is unfortunate.
Bought the No More Shine version and it looks fine for maybe five minutes. Very shortly afterwards it leaves my face looking plastic and by the end of the day, my face looks more greasy than ever before.

I've tried different methods. Spraying from further away, applying it to the brush, fingers, etc. NOTHING.

It just makes me look much worse than otherwise.
Such a shame.

on 10/2/2012 5:19:00 AM

I stumbled upon the skindinavia finishing spray due the fact I have oily skin so I have to wear powder to stop my makeup literally sliding off. At first I was super skeptical as I have had no success with primers so thought this would be a similar story. Well I am glad I gave it ago as it is amazing. The one huge bonus is if you get to carried away with your powder and start looking way too matte it corrects it, and makes you look great. Somehow this product instantly turns your powder into a second skin and not a powdery mess. I am incredibly breakout prone and found this not to irritate my skin or cause any problems. I have recently run out and I am waiting for my new bottle to arrive and I can honestly say that I notice a huge difference not wearing it . You know a product is good if you are desperately waiting for it!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Love love love this for so many reasons. If you are looking for a way to make your makeup last longer, this is it.
I have primers but find myself not reaching for them as much as this. This is a must-have if you use powder products i.e. powder foundation, mineral foundation. It just melts all the products together and your powder makeup will then look like skin, but set that way.
Even if I am not using a powder product, I use this to 'freeze' my face, and it will last that way all day! This will give me a good 15 hrs wear to my face, and that is with a non-long-wearing fdtn.
It will also freeze eyeshadow really nicely!
I have the bridal version, because it works just as well or better than the original version (without making your face feel like you've put hairspray all over it) and it was a lot cheaper. I got the large bottle for $30! I think the original is double that price.
Plus if I do makeup for a bride, they will feel as though I'm using the appropriate product haha.
Overall, if you are looking for a setting spray, this one works fantastically. I have not used any of the others on the market, but I know that this one and the MUFE one are the forerunners.

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60, BeneFit Champagne, Bobbi Brown #4, MUFE Sand/Desert
Sunscreen everyday - alternating between Sofina and Invisible Zinc

on 6/27/2012 9:04:00 PM

Doesn't control the oil like it should, I still need to touch up and I don't like the slimy feeling my skin gets, and I can't touch up powder over the top. Plus I still look really oily in photos so I've stopped using it.

on 6/27/2012 5:32:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Love, love, love! My makeup still looks good at the end of the day. I really like the sprayer...it disperses a fine mist unlike other sprays. The price is the only downfall but totally worth it.

Popular Primer/ Correctors