April 18, 2014 | 1986 users online

Cleansers - Trilogy - Cleansing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2010 3:41:00 AM More reviews by ozmonto23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this cleanser and will definitely be keeping a bottle on hand (although it is not my main cleanser). This really makes ones skin glow, evens out skintone and is non comedogenic. My skin really felt like it was drinking something very nourishing and i would almost say you could go without a moisturiser following the use of this product. Most of the trilogy products are beautiful and i love that they are made in NZ - most NZ products are reliable as the company has quite strict standards.
Please don't be scared off this cleanser if you have oily skin - it may take you a while to get used to the texture but it will honestly nourish your skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by margiemoo

I am on my second bottle of this cleansing cream, which is amazing, because I generally have fairly resilient skin which means I can product hop like mad and therefore, even if I have the intention to repurchase, I rarely ever do. This is a winner on all fronts for me, it's organic, smells fantastic, melts away my makeup (I wear pretty much everything except foundation on a daily basis) and actually visibly improves my skin's appearance, texture and tone. Save for an exfoliator, no other cleanser has really done that for me before? It is also readily available in Australia, where I live, and just makes for a very pleasant start and finish to my days.

It contains more than half a bottle of rosehip oil which is the key selling point for me. I can't always apply rosehip oil to my face, particularly my forehead region (I have a fringe and it just soaks up all the oil - yuck!) and during the summer months which are hot and sticky, so I compromise with this.

One caveat, it comes in a glass bottle which is a pain for travelling but very nice on your bathroom sink. I just pump it into small travel sized bottles for when I'm going away, probably not the best for longer trips though and I usually resort to wipes or something then.

I will repurchase and already have, I do have itchy fingers though and am dying to see how this compares to its pricey spa counterparts like Elemis and Pevonia Botanica.

EDIT: I haven't tried Elemis or Pevonia Botanica cleanser yet, because I am on my 7th bottle of this. Now that my skin is getting drier it really is the perfect cleanser though again, not if you're travelling! I was away travelling for 2.5months and I missed this dearly!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Azie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Really wanted to love this after reading the rave reviews but it just goes to show how different everyones skin is, it didnt do anything for my skin and i noticed that i had a slight stinging sensation around my nose after using this product...some of the ingredients didnt suit my skin..needless to say I have moved on to yes to carrots which seems to be going swimmingly!

Edit- had to give up using yes to carrots aswell , far too heavy for my skin started to breakout badly luckily La Roche Posay was on hand to help also using OCM to take off makeup which seems to be working quite well!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 3:34:00 AM More reviews by hayleysurley

this is my main cleanser and OMG! there are no way that i can ever live without this cleanser again. i was my face in the middle of the day just to feel it on my skin. i have to admit that its not my only cleanser. i am cheating on it with l'occitane red rice cleanser which i love to. but i use this day and night every night and boy do i have such great skin because of its natural silky texture which calms, cleans and nourishes my skin. i absloutely love all of it. i also use it as a makeup remover and it does a fantsstic job. clears and purifies whilst melting makeup away. not a huge fan of scent though. its alright but not great. ohwell i am sure i can stll marry this cleanser ith its faults. for better or for worse. i love this cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by lisant72

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am loving this cleanser with a capital L.
I purchased it because of great reviews, plus I needed a new cleanser. I was a bit worried that the creaminess and high amount of rosehip oil would make my combination skin oily. BUT it has done the opposite! It perfectly nourishes the skin, leaves it soft, not tight or oily/greasy/shiny, takes off makeup beautifully, AND an unexpected bonus - it calms down my rosacea/redness AMAZINGLY well. Normally after I wash my face, even using tepid water, my skin is blotchy, red and my rosacea around nose, cheeks and forehead is redder than ever. It's then the job of my moisturiser to calm my skin down, and it usually takes about 5-10 minutes for the redness to abate.
But with this cleanser - I blot my face with a towel to dry, and the redness is GONE! All I can see is beautiful, soft, cleansed, even toned skin. This cleanser is amazing.

But its essential to use it correctly. I massage one pump of cleanser onto dry skin for about a minute, then wet a washer with tepid water and gently wipe it off. Then a final splash of water, and I'm done. There is no residue, only perfect perfect skin.

Am in love with the Trilogy products -- read the ingredients list - its so full of amazing, effective ingredients.

Can not recommend this highly enough - I've never found a cleanser in 15 years of using beauty products that works this well for sensitive, rosacea skin.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2010 3:22:00 AM More reviews by beautyisskindeep18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Has anyone else noticed how this calms down redness and irration? Love it! I'm giving it 4 lippies though as for anyone prone to getting blemishes it may be alittle heavy. It is a cream cleanser after all. And I've noticed some recently formed clogged pores on my forehead so I'm keeping an eye out that is doesn't get any worse.
I also love how it is natural and made in beautiful New Zealand. The price isn't bad considering what you are paying for.
The lippies I gave it are subject to change depending on how my skin continues on with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by StephGirl96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Amazing cleanser!! I Doubt il ever buy another cleaser! i use one pump morning and night and removes my makeup. My skin has such a nice healthy glow to it and gives my skin the perfect amount of moisture! it is extremely gentle on skin and smells wonderful

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by rvmc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My skin somehow changed from combo oily/normal to combo oily/dry, and I'm not sure how. But it meant the other Trilogy cleanser was a little bit too stripping for me, as was my Living Nature Purifying Cleanser. I tried out this one - love the brand, love the range, love the fact that it's made in my city so it's not coming from too far away - and I'm impressed! I thought it was going to be awful on the oily parts, but it has assisted in clearing out the pores and calming my skin down. I massage it into my face for a while just so it can go deep down, then wipe it off with either a facecloth or cotton pads.
Packaging is recyclable and rather nice looking, scent is DIVINE, works a treat and lasts for ages, so the price isn't actually as bad as it seems... I was hesitant to use it because of my oily skin, but it's turned out better than the other cleanser, so if you've got a case of the oilies - definitely give it a try (at least try a sample if you're really unsure)! :>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 3:13:00 PM More reviews by rocker

I love this cleanser. I have dry/combo skin that needs tlc especially in the winter. I find it hard to get a cleanser that cleans properly without stripping my skin and this does the job perfectly. This has a gentle rose scent and leaves my face clean and soft and is surprisingly good at taking off make up without leaving a film behind. I also love the fact that its all natural. The packaging is great - the pump dispenses just the right amount. The glass bottle makes it impossible for travel but you can get travel sizes or decant into a little jar. Im already on my second bottle and will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2009 11:05:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

I love Trilogy products and this one falls into that category. It's very thick and creamy and has the signature Trilogy scent which I love. It cleanses gently without drying out the skin.

I usually use the Shiseido Tiss Deep Off Oil if I'm wearing heavy make up and then use this cream cleanser to remove any remaining residue. It leaves the skin feeling really soft and nourished. I personally prefer glass packaging. It feels more HQ to me when it's in glass, and it's even recyclable which is great.