July 31, 2014 | 1499 users online

Cleansers - Trilogy - Cream Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2010 4:36:00 AM More reviews by mariavittoria1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this cleansing cream after reading the raving reviews here. I was looking for a more cost-effective alternative to my Weleda Almond Cleansing Lotion, which used to last me like 3 weeks given its 75ml. This one is 200ml. It comes in a pretty glass bottle with a useful pump: I use two pumps to remove my makeup at night and one to wash my face in the morning. The consistency is quite runny so it's easy to spread it all over your face. I massage it for about one minute into every area of my skin and then leave it on for an extra minute while I brush my teeth, then rinse off. While it's on I can feel a mild tingling sensation but it quickly fades away after I've washed it off with warm water, and leaves no redness. It actually manages to even out my skin tone and improve the appearance of my pores (I don't have severe pores issues but it doesn't hurt either). Skin feels hydrated, clean, firm! So far I really like this cream.
I only have two minor observations:
1) The smell, while quite pleasant, is a bit overpowering. It feels like I'm slathering tons of ingredients on my skin, which didn't happen with the Weleda Lotion. I just wish it had a shorter ingredients list, but hey this isn't of great importance.
2) I'll have to update this review in a week maybe, because I'm not sure yet about the effects of the oils it contains. I suspect I might be quite sensitive to some of those (like Rose and Jojoba). I'll check the breakouts situation and then edit.
So far, so good!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by JolieHu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is a mix of makeup remove oil and cleanser. I love it. I can so get rid of my eye make up remove oil now.
Because it has Rosehip Oil, evening primrose oil, jojoba oil and carrot oil in it. I feel it's much better to use this to remove any makeup or sunblock. Also, it remove the mascara completely. Love it

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2010 10:24:00 AM More reviews by ais

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this as a part of the travel set. I'm loving all the products in it, but especially this one. As it's a cream cleanser, I didn't think it would do any good at truly cleansing my skin. But I stand corrected, you need very little of the product and it really does the job of clensing the skin without drying. I recommend, try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2010 3:41:00 AM More reviews by ozmonto23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this cleanser and will definitely be keeping a bottle on hand (although it is not my main cleanser). This really makes ones skin glow, evens out skintone and is non comedogenic. My skin really felt like it was drinking something very nourishing and i would almost say you could go without a moisturiser following the use of this product. Most of the trilogy products are beautiful and i love that they are made in NZ - most NZ products are reliable as the company has quite strict standards.
Please don't be scared off this cleanser if you have oily skin - it may take you a while to get used to the texture but it will honestly nourish your skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by margiemoo

I am on my second bottle of this cleansing cream, which is amazing, because I generally have fairly resilient skin which means I can product hop like mad and therefore, even if I have the intention to repurchase, I rarely ever do. This is a winner on all fronts for me, it's organic, smells fantastic, melts away my makeup (I wear pretty much everything except foundation on a daily basis) and actually visibly improves my skin's appearance, texture and tone. Save for an exfoliator, no other cleanser has really done that for me before? It is also readily available in Australia, where I live, and just makes for a very pleasant start and finish to my days.

It contains more than half a bottle of rosehip oil which is the key selling point for me. I can't always apply rosehip oil to my face, particularly my forehead region (I have a fringe and it just soaks up all the oil - yuck!) and during the summer months which are hot and sticky, so I compromise with this.

One caveat, it comes in a glass bottle which is a pain for travelling but very nice on your bathroom sink. I just pump it into small travel sized bottles for when I'm going away, probably not the best for longer trips though and I usually resort to wipes or something then.

I will repurchase and already have, I do have itchy fingers though and am dying to see how this compares to its pricey spa counterparts like Elemis and Pevonia Botanica.

EDIT: I haven't tried Elemis or Pevonia Botanica cleanser yet, because I am on my 7th bottle of this. Now that my skin is getting drier it really is the perfect cleanser though again, not if you're travelling! I was away travelling for 2.5months and I missed this dearly!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Azie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Really wanted to love this after reading the rave reviews but it just goes to show how different everyones skin is, it didnt do anything for my skin and i noticed that i had a slight stinging sensation around my nose after using this product...some of the ingredients didnt suit my skin..needless to say I have moved on to yes to carrots which seems to be going swimmingly!

Edit- had to give up using yes to carrots aswell , far too heavy for my skin started to breakout badly luckily La Roche Posay was on hand to help also using OCM to take off makeup which seems to be working quite well!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 3:34:00 AM More reviews by hayleysurley

this is my main cleanser and OMG! there are no way that i can ever live without this cleanser again. i was my face in the middle of the day just to feel it on my skin. i have to admit that its not my only cleanser. i am cheating on it with l'occitane red rice cleanser which i love to. but i use this day and night every night and boy do i have such great skin because of its natural silky texture which calms, cleans and nourishes my skin. i absloutely love all of it. i also use it as a makeup remover and it does a fantsstic job. clears and purifies whilst melting makeup away. not a huge fan of scent though. its alright but not great. ohwell i am sure i can stll marry this cleanser ith its faults. for better or for worse. i love this cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by lisant72

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am loving this cleanser with a capital L.
I purchased it because of great reviews, plus I needed a new cleanser. I was a bit worried that the creaminess and high amount of rosehip oil would make my combination skin oily. BUT it has done the opposite! It perfectly nourishes the skin, leaves it soft, not tight or oily/greasy/shiny, takes off makeup beautifully, AND an unexpected bonus - it calms down my rosacea/redness AMAZINGLY well. Normally after I wash my face, even using tepid water, my skin is blotchy, red and my rosacea around nose, cheeks and forehead is redder than ever. It's then the job of my moisturiser to calm my skin down, and it usually takes about 5-10 minutes for the redness to abate.
But with this cleanser - I blot my face with a towel to dry, and the redness is GONE! All I can see is beautiful, soft, cleansed, even toned skin. This cleanser is amazing.

But its essential to use it correctly. I massage one pump of cleanser onto dry skin for about a minute, then wet a washer with tepid water and gently wipe it off. Then a final splash of water, and I'm done. There is no residue, only perfect perfect skin.

Am in love with the Trilogy products -- read the ingredients list - its so full of amazing, effective ingredients.

Can not recommend this highly enough - I've never found a cleanser in 15 years of using beauty products that works this well for sensitive, rosacea skin.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2010 3:22:00 AM More reviews by beautyisskindeep18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Has anyone else noticed how this calms down redness and irration? Love it! I'm giving it 4 lippies though as for anyone prone to getting blemishes it may be alittle heavy. It is a cream cleanser after all. And I've noticed some recently formed clogged pores on my forehead so I'm keeping an eye out that is doesn't get any worse.
I also love how it is natural and made in beautiful New Zealand. The price isn't bad considering what you are paying for.
The lippies I gave it are subject to change depending on how my skin continues on with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by StephGirl96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Amazing cleanser!! I Doubt il ever buy another cleaser! i use one pump morning and night and removes my makeup. My skin has such a nice healthy glow to it and gives my skin the perfect amount of moisture! it is extremely gentle on skin and smells wonderful