April 21, 2014 | 1884 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Dove - Pro Age Beauty Body Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2008 8:24:00 AM More reviews by expatagain

This lotion does an excellent job of making my skin super soft as all products with an AHA do, but as everyone else says, it's just too sticky to be worn everyday. I would buy it again to use at night, but the smell is so revolting and headache-inducing that I can't. Dove, please bring out an unscented version! I put this on before bed one night, and my husband actually said, "it feels like you bathed in jam!"

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2008 6:30:00 PM More reviews by SuzieDVv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to agree with the review below - this is slimy and stinky!
The smell lingers forever and so does the stickiness.
The lotion works very effectively as an AHA - it improved the KP on my arms after only 2 days, but that can't compensate for the hideous smell and the stickiness.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 1:43:00 PM More reviews by rastaxcore

Slimy and stinky. It worked on my rough winter skin, but left a film that didn't go away. I would use this as a foot treatment, or overnight one, but definitely not as an everyday lotion. It doesn't absorb well at all, and is quite runny.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2007 1:04:00 AM More reviews by skincarejunkee

I love the moisturizing effect, but I can't stand the smell. If it was fragrance free, I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2007 6:43:00 PM More reviews by nikknakk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

yes, it smells horrible and yes, it is sticky but I use it before bed and nothing i've tried makes the bumps on the top of my arms go away as much as this. I don't care for this but I do love the feel of my smooth arms so yes I will continue to ue and repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2007 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

Very sticky, takes ages to spread on skin and an overpowering smell. Though I generally like Dove, I'll pass on this one thanks.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2007 3:31:00 AM More reviews by IreneD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love Dove soap, deodorant, and their positive campaigns to improve female self-image. I really wanted to like this product, but I just can't be completely faithful to it. It's thick, which is good, and the scent, although nice, is quite strong. The first time I used this was after a nighttime bath. I couldn't stand the way my legs were sticking together in bed. Yuck! The unfortunate thing is that the stickiness never seems to go away! I don't want to toss it b/c I feel like it would be such a waste...but I can only use this product in the morning if I'm wearing pants/denim. I would not buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2007 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Rosita44

I used this product only once (on my legs) and have a very positive impression. The lotion is rich and I plan to use it after my evening shower to have to full benefit of the lotion during the night. I plan to update my review of this product in the coming weeks to keep you fully posted, but so far I am pleased. The bottle is now nearly empty, and I am less positive than in the beginning, in my opinion this is a very average product for people with a very dry skin. I downgraded my initial rating

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2007 11:34:00 AM More reviews by more_spraygel_please

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I used this after getting out of the shower and just shaving my legs OUCH!!! My legs stung and iched so bad I had to get back in the shower and rinse the lotion off! The following day I applied it only on my arms and belly. It is very sticky so much so that my shirt is now sticking to my belly as I write this. I don't know if this lotion will do what it claims, but I will not continue to use it b/c of the gross feeling it leaves on my skin!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2007 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My girlfriend was telling me how she had bought this and how much she loved this product (she's a daily tanning salon visitor) and I actually noticed her skin looked improved. So I decided to try it. I was surprized at the cost (just over $10 I believe) but figured it would be worth it. Anyway - I'm giving her my bottle. I don't recall if the scent was nice or not b/c I stopped using it after a few tries. First of all I simply cannot stand the sticky feel on my skin - that normally comes from a high glycerin content. Getting dressed, my clothes would pull and stick to my skin - ugh! Walking and moving about, my clothes were always sticking to me - in the hot weather and with the occassional 'personal summers' of peri-menopause I felt completely uncomfortable. Additionally it blotched up my fake tan which never happens with my self tanner so I had to super exfoliate over a couple of days and start again. I was thinking I might use it in the winter as a nighttime treatment before bed (like the previous reviewer suggested - using it as a treatment only) but the super stickyness and the blotching affect is a deterent. Unfortunately with this product I could feel it sticky on my skin all day - "no manx..." I happened to get a big bottle of Banana Boat After Sun lotion for about $3 after that and I have a nice variety of different body lotions I use - this one doesn't make it into my stable!