July 28, 2014 | 1791 users online

Primer/ Corrector - LORAC - Oil-Free Neutralizer

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2008 9:44:00 PM More reviews by evaescandon

I love this product. I mix it with my Jane iredale warm silk liquid minerals. It makes my skin look flawless and really helps with the redness. The main problem is the packaging. I HATE that the pump sprays too fast and it will spray your clothes if you aren't careful. But its all worth it for pretty skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2008 4:05:00 PM More reviews by MutantFrog

At first I hated this product--very hard to apply and gave a 'mask' look. I usually use the Cetaphil moisturizing lotion and then put whatever makeup on afterwards. The last 2 days I've switched to using Eucerin redness relief night cream underneath the LORAC neutralizer, and it actually blends WONDERFULLY! With the cetaphil moisturizer, the neutralizer was showing up streaky and inconsistent.

The coverage is medium, so for persistent red areas (small patches under my cheeks due to rosacea) I use a concealer on top of the neutralizer. I am light enough that I can use the neutralizer on it's own without foundation. I have some intense redness under my cheeks as well a lot of general 'pink' all over--without anything on, my face looks like a darker shade than my neck. With the neutralizer on, my face and neck look much closer to being the same shade.

The times I did try mixing the neutralizer with LORAC natural performance foundation rather than moisturizer, it turned the foundation kind of an orange color. It did ok underneath a Mary Kay foundation and a MAC foundation.

It lasts (for me) about 6 hours then reapplication is necessary as the red starts peeking through. I have normalish skin (oil-wise), and I found the neutralizer to be slightly drying.

I would say the Neutralizer is best for paler, normal to oily skin who are looking to reduce light to medium amounts of redness. Be aware that it seems to react very differently with other products (from moisturizer to moisturizer or foundation to foundation).

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2008 4:25:00 PM More reviews by luvlymoon

I don't like this product. I bought this a year ago after seeing how great their Sneak Preview Beauty Insider Palette was. I use this when I have some redness on my face and don't want to use foundation or powder. I use a sponge for this product. Its very thick in formula and the problem I had was that since its so think and doesn't run well, its hard to get the last remainder of product from the bottle of the glass where the pump doesn't reach. It takes forever for the product to work its way out of the bottle. Also the color is a bit off on my skin and makes me look sick if I apply this all over so I must limit my use for just red areas of my face. I also don't like how it doesn't look nice under my other powders or foundations. I don't plan on repurchasing this product and I don't recommend anyone buying this either. This was a complete miss for me unlike their eyeshadows and blushes from their Sneak Preview Beauty Insider Palette.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2008 10:39:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

Well I have to be a dissenter here. I hate this stuff. Huge beware if you're at all dry. Don't get me wrong it will help diffuse some redness but at a cost.

1. It is so damn hard to work with this stuff. I have dryish skin and I've mixed it with everything but Crisco and all combos leave me feeling like I slathered chalk mixed with milk of magnesia all over my face.

2. It leaves a weird cast even on my LLL skintone, so much so that people tend to do a double-take when I have this on and it's not because I'm stunning--Ha!

3. Pump is nice but it squirts out too much product and you can't control how much comes out. So yeah, product goes a long way but you pretty much have to mix this on a separate palette or in your hand before applying. Unless you're oily enough to slap it on directly.

4. All this mixing and applying and then trying to move this stuff once it's on makes my morning routine longer by about 15 minutes. Big whoop you're thinking but that's 15 minutes more sleep, ya'll!

And all of the excessive smoothing this requires tends to irritate my hypersensitive skin further.

And really don't we wear makeup to diffuse the redness in the 1st place?? I too have rosacea but I'm thankful I can live without this stuff. Maybe I'll have to change my tune if my rosacea worsens.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2008 8:31:00 AM More reviews by vengland

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this product for covering redness around my nose, cheek and chin. I don't know how this would work for darker skin, but for pale skin I think it's brilliant! I've never had luck with green-toned color correctors, and before the LORAC I was using Benefit's You're Bluffing stick (which I would also recommend, especially for covering small red areas). The formula is not at all moisturizing, so if your skin is dry at all, you'll probably need to mix with moisturizer or another foundation. I like to apply it to freshly moisturized skin for a really sheer/natural look, and mix it with liquid foundation for days when I need more coverage. It only takes a tiny squirt to do the job, so I think the price is worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2008 4:41:00 AM More reviews by jakay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this product best serves those who need medium to light coverage and just need to get rid of a little redness in their face. For those of us who need full coverage, this product just doesn't cut it (don't even think about trying to use it to cover any zits!). In terms of its color, I can't speak for those with darker skin, but it blends pretty well for lighter-skinned folk. As you can see from the bottle, it's sort of a dull cream tone with a very slight green. When you first put it on, you might be mortified, as I was. Just keep blending and let it have a sec to settle, and it'll match your skintone pretty well. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, but I can't really say all the "soothing botanicals" do much more than that.

Instructions for the product from the LORAC website:
"Always prime skin first with aquaPRIME (LORAC's primer). Wear Neutralizer alone or mix a couple pumps with foundation in the palm of your hand. Blend in well with a sponge or fingertips."

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2008 7:39:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I feel like the only person this didn't work for. I bought it after reading all the positive reviews & tried using it tons of different ways. Mixed in w/moisturizer it balled up, under TM it didn't make a difference, mixed with TM didn't make a difference either. I feel like I've tried this product every way possible & it just isn't working. Will be returning to Sephora. Not sure how red the skin is of some of the other reviewers. I'm starting to think everyone who uses this has a normal flush but thinks they have horrible red skin. I DO have horrible red skin. I really wanted/needed this to work. I didn't notice ANY difference though. I'm really disappointed. I paid around $30 for this at Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2008 6:27:00 AM More reviews by cupcake88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is really great. I don't like to wear a lot of makeup on my skin, but I do have redness. This does a really nice job of toning down the redness and evening things out. I use this more as a tinted moisturizer than a primer. Looks very natural, like I don't even have makeup on. I took off a few lippies for packaging because it is a pump bottle, and I've gotten to the last 1/5 of the bottle and the pump can't reach it anymore. So I have to open the bottle and get the product out myself, which can sometimes be a little messy. Other than that, love this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2008 3:16:00 PM More reviews by navywendy

i have been using this for awhile now. at first i used it alone, before applying my foundation. i felt that way it didnt blend too well, so i mixed it with my Lorac oil free foundation, and a little of the tantalizing bronzer, and it works wonderful. it makes it a little more fluid so it blends better. i find that this works well for me. i also have blended it with just foundation in the winter, when im not so brown. all in all it does what it said it would and i will buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2008 10:52:00 PM More reviews by HeatherT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very red skin from rosacea, or wind, or 5 minutes of sun through the windows. Beet red. This is the only product in the 20 years of searching that has covered the redness without feeling like I have a mask on. It lasts all day. I just use one pumps, dot on cheeks, forehead, nose, chin, rub it in lightly and I'm ready to go, no foundation. Don't be tempted to use more than one pump. A little goes a long way. I apply my moisturizer/spf afterwards and it doesn't weaken the effect.

I am certain that I'll be buying this forevermore. It's worth every penny and I just wish I had found it sooner.