April 20, 2014 | 965 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Aveda - Large Paddle Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2009 12:42:00 PM More reviews by colleen_co

I love this brush. I have had it for a couple years now and never had any problems with it. I love the shape and size and it is nice and lightweight, too. It is very easy to clean by just pulling up the hair on the brush in one nice big clump. It isn't rough on my head at all. I bought this in Vegas when I realized I forgot my brush at home. I am really glad I bought it because I have never had a brush I liked more than this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 3:40:00 PM More reviews by yshah0621

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

pros: doesn't cause much breakage, good for blow drying, lots of shine, and pretty

cons: is wooden so not lightweight, price is steep $20

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2009 1:05:00 AM More reviews by aperfectegg

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

To put it simply when I die I want my Aveda paddle brush to go with me. The best brush on the market. I have long curly hair and this brush is just perfect -- detangles, has a lot of spring, doesn't hurt my hair or scalp -- perfect in every way.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 12:50:00 PM More reviews by mujigae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i dont know why I love this brush, but I just love it...
when I first bought it I was just in need of a brush and didnt think I would actually like it this much.
I dont know what it is that made me fall in love but i sure did!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2008 9:36:00 PM More reviews by sat4ngurl

I love this brush! My old brush was cheap and snagged my hair so I decided I needed an upgrade. I came across this brush and I'm in love with it. It is great for detangling my mess of hair in the morning. I have long and thick hair that gets tangled easily... despite how straight it is. The balls at the end of the bristles are great for a head massage.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2008 9:36:00 AM More reviews by madaket

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this brush because I remembered that I had one years ago that I really liked. Unfortunately, I got this one home, brushed my hair with it once, and one of the plastic bristles came out immediately. I have smooth, baby fine hair, so it's not like there was any pulling at tangles going on. This really irritates me. Why is everything such poor quality now?

If I thought it would stop at one, I would keep it, but now I feel like they will probably all fall out, so I'm returning it. Eighteen bucks goes a long way at Trader Joe's!

The quest for the perfect paddle brush goes on.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2008 6:52:00 PM More reviews by missmolliegirl

I have had this brush since 2003! Pretty impressive! I voted I will buy this brush again, but given its track record, I don't believe I will need to for a LONG LONG TIME!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2008 2:07:00 PM More reviews by kyasha

Great brush for use at home; I wish it was available in a smaller size for travel. Gets rid of any tangles and makes my hair straight just with one brush through.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2008 9:14:00 AM More reviews by cristinalia

I love this brush. It's one of my staple brushes. It is great for blow drying medium to longer hair straight. It will also last forever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2008 9:52:00 AM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Aveda and since I had read great reviews here, I wanted to try this brush. I really like it. It is easy to maneuver, lightweight yet sturdy, and really helps create a great blowout. $17.00 is a lot for a brush, but when it is good brush, such as this one, it actually turns out to be a bargain because I no longer have to keep buyng cheaper ones trying to find a good one.