April 21, 2014 | 1201 users online

Treatments - Redken - All Soft HEAVY CREAM

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this is a great product. Used about 2/3 times per week, I found this conditioner leaves my dry, color-damaged hair feeling soft, and healthy. It does not weigh hair down. The proce is a bit steep, but it truly work on repairing the hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2012 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Mexico

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just tried the newly reformulated Redken All Soft heavy cream and I've been left disappointed. I'm afraid that it doesn't cut the mustard for my hair type. For the record my hair is short cropped, thick, brittle and slighly dehydrated. Years ago, my hairdresser recommended that I use some of the All Soft range (Shampoo & Heavy Cream - to be used like a conditioner rather than a treatment) and he was right on the money! My hair became soft and manageable. But alas, with the new formulation of Heavy Cream, the product isn't giving me the same results. After years of using Redken All Soft Heavy Cream, I now will have to source a new hair conditioner. The newly formulated All Soft Heavy Cream would now suit peple with fine to normal hair thickness that is slightly dry. Please Redken, here's one loyal customer who would love you to bring back the old formula!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by heartsinwonderland

I'm really surprised by this product! I tried the reformulated version, and it's great. I got a sample tube, and now I'm hooked! I never tried the older version, but this is amazing! It leaves my hair with great slip, smells great, and it's soooo soft. It really compares to my HG, Kerastase Masquintense. It has a great price, and it's a wonderful alternative to KS!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 9:21:00 AM More reviews by geovani

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i am doing a new review of this................
i LOVE "heavy cream" it made my wavey frizzy hair hair super soft and manageable and shiny
i just LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS AND WILL NEVER TRY ANYTHING ELSE ANYMORE!
i have used all high end brands and lines and NOTHING comes close!
i will allways be a DEVOTED fan of redken's all soft shamppo and all soft heavy cream(hate the all soft conditioner),but we "product junkies" are allways on the look out for the "new best thing",right?
so this is my latest story.......
so i kindda "betrayted" redken and bought the "TIGI diamond dreams" shampoo and conditioner(based on the raves they got for some wierd reason) and i FEEL IN LOVE with the smell of those! they just smell like a strawberry cheescake milkshake! lol
anyhow,i got in the shower and started shampooing and i IMMEDIATELY felt that my hair became like f****** RUBBER!
and i am not used to this feeling becouse with all soft my hair feels AMAAAAZING even before i put on the "all soft heavy cream" mask!
so anyway i kindda convinced myself that it will be ok after the conditioner............so on went the diamond dreams conditioner,and my hair did feel(somewhat) smoother and better.
got out and towel dried my hair(continued with my regular redken "real control crema care" leave in lotion and kerastase "elixir ultime" nourishing oil).
went to bed,and.................................IN THE MORNING MY HAIR FELT SO STIFF AND STRAWWWW LIKE!!! it was puffy,FULL OF FRIZZ,lack of any shine,HARD,"rubbery" and just UGLY AS HELL!!!
i swear i have NEVER experienced this level of distress with any hair product i ever tried!!!(and i cannot belive how those shity products got raving reviews!?!?)
i am back to my LOVED redken products(and i learned my lesson and will never EVER try new things!)
im back to............
1.redken "all soft shampoo"
2.redken "all soft heavy cream"(every other rinse i leave it on for more then the regular 3 min,so i just let it "sit" on my hair for 30 min under a hot electric hair cap).
3.redken "real control crema care",(after towel drying i just put a pea size amount)
4.kerastase "elixir ultime"(1 to 2 pumps of this amazing lightweight oil)
5.kerastase "aqua-oleum"(every three weeks i put on this AMAZING monthly hair treatment for dry hair and let it soak in my hair for about 20 min under the hot hair cap,and then rinse and condition with my redken all soft heavy cream)
6.every two-three weeks i use the redken "Hair Cleansing Cream" to remove any product build-up i have on my hair (and then continue with my regular redken all soft shampoo).

and thats it!!! i get AMAZING,SOFT,SHINY,LUSTROUS HAIR!!!
feel free to ask anything :-)
have fun,
sarai,israel

EDIT: this AMAZING all soft range has been changed from the STUPID redkin brand. they made it a "new complex". they changed it.
i HATE THE NEW FORMULA! DO NOT BUY THIS UNTIL THEY CHANGE THIS BACK!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2011 7:49:00 AM More reviews by tokyorosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My hair is very long, thin-medium thickness, and stick straight. Because I live in a very dry climate, I don't use shampoo everyday, but I do condition every day. I had been using Pantene and Suave's Paul Mitchell knock-off in the shower followed by John Masters detangling conditioner as a leave-in, but I wanted to try something better. I found the Redken All Soft line at Target. The treatment was around $18 (expensive!), but I picked it up as a treat. I have to say: This is awesome stuff. I use it as regular conditioner (that is, every single day). I wet my hair and apply a handful of the Redkin and leave it in while I shower (5-10 minutes). The first time I used it, I skipped my leave-in detangler (just to see the effect of the Redkin) and it was terrific. I haven't used my detangler since! I also noticed one thing that thrilled me: I am losing a lot less hair when combing since I stopped using the Pantene and Suave. My hairdresser told me that Pantene causes hair loss in some people and to stop using it, but I was skeptical. Turns out he was right.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2011 5:03:00 AM More reviews by wildcardinside

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this product today because I tested out some of my sisters and after the first time I noticed that it is amazing. I applied this product after shampooing/conditioning my hair with ordinary everyday shampoo and conditioner and I left it in for probably less than an hour and then I washed it out and left it to dry and all day I haven't been able to stop touching my hair. It is extremely soft and even looks shinier/healthier and surprisingly this prroduct keeps my hair even straighter than what it usually is. Unlike most hair care products, this one actually makes your hair look surprisingly hydrated and healthy. It smells nice, too. The only downfall about this product is that it is quite expensive. I paid $35 for it but like most products, I'm sure it will last many months as it is really only needed probably twice a week depending on how damaged your hair is. You know when you have dyed your hair and you use that amazing conditioner that you can't even buy most of the time and your hair feel and looks like a models until you wash it next? This is what this product reminds me of. Highly recommended.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

anything from the all soft line makes my hair fluffy and frizzy i dont know why i hate it will not reperchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 6:56:00 AM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I must be an exception, but having transitioning 4a/relaxed hair, this stuff is incredible. I have very brittle and dry hair due to consistent relaxer for over 10 yrs. My hair is healthy don't get me wrong, but thanks to the fact that I have a lot and it is so thick, it can feel rough and scratchy. Sometimes no matter how much oil I use, my hair absorbs it all and only gets a soft sheen. I'm also in college and work full time, while also being a fitness nut, and an avid member of many activities, I run out of time quick. Often all I have time for is a wash and go, which is almost impossible to do with my hair. This is the first time I am able to say I could.

This is a very moisturizing and buttery treatment. It is aimed towards people with dry and damaged hair. Thanks to many reviews here and elsewhere, I was hesitant to try this. You know that saying about following your gut? Every time I passed a beauty supply, it always told me to get this. After 5 years of hesitating, I got it and it is the best purchase I've made this year. I used it after Nexxus Emergencee and my hair is beautiful. I mean hair model soft, shiny, voluminous (don't need anymore but still), bouncy, and moistened. Really, soft and shiny. My mom came by to visit and she couldn't stop touching my hair. I can't stop touching my hair. The last time my hair felt like this was before my first relaxer in 2001.

The way to make this work well for you I think is to use a clarifying shampoo and then use a protein treatment. After the protein treatment put this on and leave it on for a few minutes, or hours. I left this for a full day on my hair and just let it air dry and my hair is stunning. I don't use flat irons or blow dry my hair by the way. I've been transitioning for 3 months, which might not be a lot, but it is a hassle since my hair has grown a whooping 4 inches thanks to my hair vitamins in that time. Its very difficult to get a comb through my hair and I broke a big, wide tooth comb trying to do so 6 weeks ago. With this, my new comb glides through. And I see no breakage. I love everything about it from the soft, delicate and feminine smell. I highly recommend it. Wonderful stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2011 5:05:00 AM More reviews by shemilo

Well I use this once in a while when my hair has been heat styled too often or dry and damaged. I take one part of this cream and another part of my John Freida full repair full body conditioner (and sometimes a bit of a after color treatment conditioner if I colored my hair) Slather it all over the trouble areas and wait for 30 mins. After I rinse my hair. It becomes so soft, shiny and frizz free, like I just came out of an ad haha. It's like some super formula. Try it out. I have been able to manage the most difficult hair with this method. Do not do this too often or it will lead to alot of build up. But it works like a charm when you're in a desperate need of hair repair. It's worth a shot to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by aclev

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i freakin love this product. makes my hair so silky and soft. my hairdresser even noticed when i started using this. i use it around once a week, especially during the winter when my hair gets really dry. good results, nice neutral non-overpowering scent, and i can usually catch it on sale. repurchased for years and will continue to do so.