April 18, 2014 | 891 users online

Conditioner - Aveda - Smooth Infusion

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2008 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Fashionopolist

Such a disappointment.

I LOVE Aveda products and I will only color my hair at Aveda salons. I thought I would love this conditioner, but it really isn't that moisturizing. I'm very sad that Aveda has discontinued their Sap Moss line, because I preferred that.

It does smell wonderful, but when this runs out I'll be going back to favorite Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2008 4:12:00 PM More reviews by alypagz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Leaves my hair soft with a nice shine & less frizz. I just think is is a little to pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2008 1:35:00 PM More reviews by PunkKitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The same raves I had for the shampoo I have for the conditioner as well. Of all the shampoo and conditioner sets we have on the back bar (and that I also have in my shower), smooth infusion is what I reach for most often (next to color conserve for color clients). It really softens hair. I have very "pokey" straight hair. This doesn't leave me greasy, it just leaves my hair unbelievable soft. This isn't a heavy conditioner, but I do find it moisturizes dry hair nicely. It is also great to use on tangle prone children. I can't reccomend this set enough!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 9:23:00 PM More reviews by rvkma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just used this for the first time today, along with the shampoo, and I am very impressed. The conditioner rinsed out very cleanly and left the hair smooth. I did my usual blow-dry, with just a touch of Aveda Phomollient at the roots, and I was really surprised at how smooth and straight my hair was - it was if I had used a straightening styling product as well. Love it! The scent was very very light for an Aveda product, which I thought was interesting.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2008 12:01:00 PM More reviews by coletteJ

I have long blonde hair (highlighted with aveda enlightener)...I couldn't comb through my hair when wet after using this conditioner. It didn't do its job AT ALL. I returned it to the salon.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2008 1:49:00 AM More reviews by annaalways

I absolutely love this conditioner! This along with the Smooth Infusion shampoo has met HG status for me. The combo makes my hair so shiny, bouncy, light, and smooth. People have complimented me on my hair since I started using it. I do have oily and long Asian hair. This has exceeded all my expectations.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2008 11:46:00 PM More reviews by berned_you

I have a problem with broken ends, not necessarily frizz because of curly hair and this stuff is great in combo with the other products in the line. It makes my hair really soft and silky. It's definitely smoother. Maybe not a miracle product but I'm very happy. I've notice that using the three products together (shampoo, conditioner and style prep) really work nicely together and it's not just marketing. I definitely wish these products were less expensive. I dont think I could afford to use this every day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 11:48:00 PM More reviews by WhereAmI

Smooth Infusion shampoo is probably the best I've used and I expected the same from the conditioner. I should have read the ingredients before purchasing, as the second ingredient, after Aloe leaf extract, is dimethicone. There are lots of good plant extracts in this product, but it appears that silicone is doing a lot of the work. My hair does not do well with silicone, so I rotate this product with others, including Nexus Humectress, which is a "real" conditioner. Still, I had to give this product three lippies because my hair looks and feels light, shiny and healthy when I do use it. I just wouldn't use it every day and give it a chance to build up on my hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2008 3:53:00 PM More reviews by mixedgreens

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just no. This conditioner makes my hair limp and stringy. My stylist rec'd it at my last haircut, so I gave it a try. I have coarse curly hair and usually use Aveda's Damage Remedy (which I love). My stylist said it would help make my hair less frizz, which I guess it technically did, but it left a nasty coating on it - it just felt slimy, and I go for the really heavy-duty conditioners, too. I don't straigten my hair, though, so I can't really talk about this product in the context for which it is intended.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2008 9:23:00 AM More reviews by TudorRose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh, my. My hair. It's.... soft.... smooth... clean. Gorgeous. This shampoo and conditioner are my HGs. They clean hair without stripping it and make it amazingly soft and smooth. All I need for my naturally straight hair to look nice all day long is Aveda Smooth Infusion Shampoo, Conditioner, and Style Prep + about 5 minutes with a straightener for the very top layer. For years I was thinking that I needed creme this and serum that. That must be what was weighing my hair down all these years. Now it looks fresh and shiny, not weighted and greasy.
Finally.