July 28, 2014 | 1428 users online

Conditioner - Aveda - Smooth Infusion

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 6:14:00 PM More reviews by JosephineSD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this along with the smooth infusion shampoo and the style prep smoother. I have very fine hair which I flat iron, and this combo of products is perfect for me. I get many comments on how shiny my hair is. I've tried tons of products, but this one is just perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2009 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Casyopaja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As I mentioned in my review for the shampoo...
I found an Aveda salon where I got my hair cut and just loved the way their products made my hair look like. But I guess in order to get the same result you really have to buy and use all the different products they use on you.
Also some friends told me they wouldn't buy anything else anymore, but Aveda.
So I decided to ignore the price and just get it.

The negative to me was:
- the price
- my hair had no shine at all
- my hair wasn't smoother than it was using other products

The positive in my opinion:
- no silicone

Overall I find the product way overpriced. If it was only up to $10, I would consider buying it again. But for this price I simply expect more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by sugarlumples

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my absolute HG conditioner, along with the Smooth Infusion shampoo. I have fine hair, but a lot of it. I wash my hair daily and usually iron it flat. My hair isn't dry or damaged, but it can get frizzy. These products make my hair so sleek and shiny without weighing it down.

I recently tried Fekkai products, but they cannot compare to my Aveda products. I bought the shampoo, conditioner, smoother serum, and a travel body wash in a cute gift box for $60.00, which isn't a bad deal considering how wonderful they make my hair look and how much they usually cost seperately.

The smell is herbal, but no offensive. I am very sensitive to smells, but this one is ok to me. But, for what it does for my hair, I would handle a gross smell.

Overall, this is an awesome product line. I have been searching for products that perform this well for so long. It's nice to finally have found my HG!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2008 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Fashionopolist

Such a disappointment.

I LOVE Aveda products and I will only color my hair at Aveda salons. I thought I would love this conditioner, but it really isn't that moisturizing. I'm very sad that Aveda has discontinued their Sap Moss line, because I preferred that.

It does smell wonderful, but when this runs out I'll be going back to favorite Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2008 1:35:00 PM More reviews by PunkKitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The same raves I had for the shampoo I have for the conditioner as well. Of all the shampoo and conditioner sets we have on the back bar (and that I also have in my shower), smooth infusion is what I reach for most often (next to color conserve for color clients). It really softens hair. I have very "pokey" straight hair. This doesn't leave me greasy, it just leaves my hair unbelievable soft. This isn't a heavy conditioner, but I do find it moisturizes dry hair nicely. It is also great to use on tangle prone children. I can't reccomend this set enough!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 9:23:00 PM More reviews by rvkma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just used this for the first time today, along with the shampoo, and I am very impressed. The conditioner rinsed out very cleanly and left the hair smooth. I did my usual blow-dry, with just a touch of Aveda Phomollient at the roots, and I was really surprised at how smooth and straight my hair was - it was if I had used a straightening styling product as well. Love it! The scent was very very light for an Aveda product, which I thought was interesting.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2008 12:01:00 PM More reviews by coletteJ

I have long blonde hair (highlighted with aveda enlightener)...I couldn't comb through my hair when wet after using this conditioner. It didn't do its job AT ALL. I returned it to the salon.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2008 1:49:00 AM More reviews by annaalways

I absolutely love this conditioner! This along with the Smooth Infusion shampoo has met HG status for me. The combo makes my hair so shiny, bouncy, light, and smooth. People have complimented me on my hair since I started using it. I do have oily and long Asian hair. This has exceeded all my expectations.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2008 11:46:00 PM More reviews by berned_you

I have a problem with broken ends, not necessarily frizz because of curly hair and this stuff is great in combo with the other products in the line. It makes my hair really soft and silky. It's definitely smoother. Maybe not a miracle product but I'm very happy. I've notice that using the three products together (shampoo, conditioner and style prep) really work nicely together and it's not just marketing. I definitely wish these products were less expensive. I dont think I could afford to use this every day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 11:48:00 PM More reviews by WhereAmI

Smooth Infusion shampoo is probably the best I've used and I expected the same from the conditioner. I should have read the ingredients before purchasing, as the second ingredient, after Aloe leaf extract, is dimethicone. There are lots of good plant extracts in this product, but it appears that silicone is doing a lot of the work. My hair does not do well with silicone, so I rotate this product with others, including Nexus Humectress, which is a "real" conditioner. Still, I had to give this product three lippies because my hair looks and feels light, shiny and healthy when I do use it. I just wouldn't use it every day and give it a chance to build up on my hair.