Aveda Smooth Infusion

3.6

Ingredients:Aqueous Extract:Aloe Barbadensis Leaf, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Palmamidopropyl Trimonium Methosulfate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Cetyl Alchol, Tamanu Seed Oil, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Tapioca Starch, Tocopherol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, PG-Propyl Silanetrio, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Babassuamidopropyltrimonium Methosulfate, Benhentrimonium Methosulfate, Fragrance, Linalool, Citronellol, Citral, Geraniol, Limonene, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate.

on 1/20/2009 10:14:00 PM

So far, I am LOVING this line from Aveda! I have been trying to find a hair care routine that will smooth out my thick and poofy hair, and this really does the trick. I have nice shine and zero frizz! This reduces the natural bulkiness of my hair nicely, and now I feel like I am wearing my hair, rather than my hair is wearing me (ladies with hard to manage hair will know what that means ;D). I have very thick, color-treated, naturally wavy hair that is on the dry-side. I usually only wash my hair twice a week, due to it's bulk and dryness. These Smooth Infusion products (shampoo, conditioner, and smoothing serum) have not caused my hair color to fade, as far as I can tell. These products have also made my hair easier to style. I just don't think that they'd be appropriate for finer hair, unless you want it to be SUPER flat!

on 1/19/2009 11:56:00 PM

I think Aveda as a whole is grossly overrated, but they do make a few products that work really well with my coarse, wavy, frizzy hair. One of them is this conditioner.

The smell is typical Aveda - powerful and perfumey naturals. The texture is pretty thick and I've only seen it come in the stand-up tube.

Overall, it makes my hair smoother and detangles right from the time I rinse. My major complaint is that it seems to really take a lot to do this - about dollar coin size. Since I've only found it in the smaller tube, this makes the stuff run out way too fast, and therefore it loses its edge over my other preferred conditioning product, Biolage's Smoothing Conditioner.

on 1/15/2009 6:14:00 PM

I use this along with the smooth infusion shampoo and the style prep smoother. I have very fine hair which I flat iron, and this combo of products is perfect for me. I get many comments on how shiny my hair is. I've tried tons of products, but this one is just perfect.

on 1/11/2009 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

As I mentioned in my review for the shampoo...
I found an Aveda salon where I got my hair cut and just loved the way their products made my hair look like. But I guess in order to get the same result you really have to buy and use all the different products they use on you.
Also some friends told me they wouldn't buy anything else anymore, but Aveda.
So I decided to ignore the price and just get it.

The negative to me was:
- the price
- my hair had no shine at all
- my hair wasn't smoother than it was using other products

The positive in my opinion:
- no silicone

Overall I find the product way overpriced. If it was only up to $10, I would consider buying it again. But for this price I simply expect more.

on 1/3/2009 11:38:00 AM

This is my absolute HG conditioner, along with the Smooth Infusion shampoo. I have fine hair, but a lot of it. I wash my hair daily and usually iron it flat. My hair isn't dry or damaged, but it can get frizzy. These products make my hair so sleek and shiny without weighing it down.

I recently tried Fekkai products, but they cannot compare to my Aveda products. I bought the shampoo, conditioner, smoother serum, and a travel body wash in a cute gift box for $60.00, which isn't a bad deal considering how wonderful they make my hair look and how much they usually cost seperately.

The smell is herbal, but no offensive. I am very sensitive to smells, but this one is ok to me. But, for what it does for my hair, I would handle a gross smell.

Overall, this is an awesome product line. I have been searching for products that perform this well for so long. It's nice to finally have found my HG!

Such a disappointment.

I LOVE Aveda products and I will only color my hair at Aveda salons. I thought I would love this conditioner, but it really isn't that moisturizing. I'm very sad that Aveda has discontinued their Sap Moss line, because I preferred that.

It does smell wonderful, but when this runs out I'll be going back to favorite Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm.

on 10/29/2008 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The same raves I had for the shampoo I have for the conditioner as well. Of all the shampoo and conditioner sets we have on the back bar (and that I also have in my shower), smooth infusion is what I reach for most often (next to color conserve for color clients). It really softens hair. I have very "pokey" straight hair. This doesn't leave me greasy, it just leaves my hair unbelievable soft. This isn't a heavy conditioner, but I do find it moisturizes dry hair nicely. It is also great to use on tangle prone children. I can't reccomend this set enough!

on 10/13/2008 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Just used this for the first time today, along with the shampoo, and I am very impressed. The conditioner rinsed out very cleanly and left the hair smooth. I did my usual blow-dry, with just a touch of Aveda Phomollient at the roots, and I was really surprised at how smooth and straight my hair was - it was if I had used a straightening styling product as well. Love it! The scent was very very light for an Aveda product, which I thought was interesting.

on 7/29/2008 12:01:00 PM

I have long blonde hair (highlighted with aveda enlightener)...I couldn't comb through my hair when wet after using this conditioner. It didn't do its job AT ALL. I returned it to the salon.

on 6/22/2008 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely love this conditioner! This along with the Smooth Infusion shampoo has met HG status for me. The combo makes my hair so shiny, bouncy, light, and smooth. People have complimented me on my hair since I started using it. I do have oily and long Asian hair. This has exceeded all my expectations.