December 20, 2014 | 1649 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - True Match Naturale Mineral Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 9:10:00 AM More reviews by natcoco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I prefer this to any liquid foundation I've ever used. The colour is a perfect match, it blends extremely well and the coverage is superb.

I'm with a lot of people when they complain about the packaging. It's very messy and if you're not careful it will spill everywhere.

But it looks so good that I'm willing to overlook this. It stays put too - although I have no experience using primer underneath this, so I'm sure that would make it more long lasting.

Also, I have some minor dry patches that really show up when wearing liquid foundation, but when I wear this, they're invisible.

The attached brush is good, however I've recently started using the Real Techniques buffing mineral foundation brush and that makes it look even better!

I haven't tried Bare Essentials, so I can't compare but I'm doubtful I'll try them as this does a great job for £15.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by penn4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For someone who hates liquid foundation, I really like this mineral foundation. It works evenly on my skin and actually like the brush that comes with it. It does not cake and actually smooths out my skin perfectly. For me, I like it a whole lot better than Bare Minerals since I found out thru my dermatologist I was allergic to the product after having awful eczema reactions and it made my skin look blotchy.

I agree that the Loreal mineral makeup has terrible packaging but I just dab a bit on a kleenex and swirl the brush into it and I am good to go. I highly recommend the product and will plan to purchase it again. It really goes well with my True Match blush in the Rose color.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Ezzy321

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The packaging for the mineral powder is terrible. As soon as you open the lid the powder falls out all over the place. What a mess ! My first purchase of this item and my last due to packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Kathsabino

This used to be my HG mineral foundation but it is so overpriced for so so quality. THE COLOR ALWAYS TRANSFERS. So it's embarrassing if I wipe my face or nose and makeup will come off onto clothing or tissues. Also, the packaging is not travel safe. The product builds up on the top and spills everywhere when you open it. The brush was soft with purchase but overtime frays and gets scratchy. I really wanted to like this product because it makes my skin look so great, but the overall effort isn't really worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by LaurenKate329

SO quick to apply! Great coverage! Matches my fair skin tone well! I use the light ivory, which never makes me look too pale. Not bad for my oily skin, but I also use a good primer (Too Faced) and Revlon Colorstay Aqua as a finishing powder, which makes this foundation last throughout the day!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by redfox2011

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been buying this makeup for years now and though I've looked for something better numerous times, I have yet to find it. I have extremely fair skin and it is so difficult to find a makeup that will match me but this makeup comes very close. The Soft Ivory (lightest shade) is just slightly too dark for my skin, but it works good enough compared to other shades and makeup brands that I have tried. The coverage and consistency of this makeup is really good and covers my acne and redness very well while still looking natural and not cakey. I do have to reapply 1-2 times throughout the day but I have oily patches so it's to be expected. I have gotten really used to the container and brush and don't really have any complaints. This makeup generally lasts me at least a few months and I would say that the 10 to 12 dollars I spend is worth it. Overall I have been very pleased with L'Oreal over the years and would recommend this product to others!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by lawgirl07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product has been a staple for me for the past few years. It doesn't have a scent, break me out or cause me to flare up with rashes. It has surprisingly good coverage and the only real downsides are the packaging - which can be a bit messy, and the lack of shades that it comes in - the one that I use is a tad lighter than I would like - ok in winter but a bit too light for summer.

I used to use it as my main foundation, mainly because I felt that powder would be less heavy and obvious as liquid foundations. Recently though, I've swapped to a hydrating liquid foundation as my base and use the product as a finishing powder. My main reason for doing this was because I have pretty dry skin and a powder foundation does dry my skin out a bit too much. My other reason is that my liquid foundation is a tad darker than I'd like (I can never find my exact colour) so the powder balances it out well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Susan2148A

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

There are two foundations I always use and always will: Bare Minerals and Revlon Colorstay; but the BM is lousy for travel, so I decided to give this a try, and I am very pleased. The packaging stinks, the product is too expensive, but I'll buy it because it goes on easy, fast and looks great. Plus, you can just toss the whole thing in your bag and not worry about having the correct brush for application. I also use the mattifying powder in the same type of packaging, and I love it as well. There are some days when I want something that goes on fast without a lot of fuss, and this does it for me. I just wish there was a better way to package it and still include a brush that doesn't have to be carried separately from the product. I am NW 20-25, and I use Natural Ivory, 461 C1/2 and it works beautifully.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2012 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product provides a very full coverage but at the price of chalkiness and scratching caused by the brush. Unfortunately, a moisturizer or soft kabuki brush doesn't help. I wasn't ever able to get this to apply evenly.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by WinkaWay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

- Colors: I've used this for a couple of years. It was actually the first foundation I ever tried, and I kept using it. It comes in three tones, each tone has about five shades.
The tones are warm, neutral, and cool. I have consistently used the lightest shade of the neutral tone, "soft ivory." I tried the warm tone of the lightest shade over the summer for some deeper color and found it to be positively pink. I returned it and went back to my usual neutral; the next shade up in the neutral tone is starkly darker! It would not have matched my skin at all.

- Powder: The powder is very...iridescent and can be messy. I find I have to hold my breath if I'm applying it heavier; the powder will get in my nose otherwise and hurt my throat. Definitely cannot apply this sitting down, especially if you're wearing dark colors. It gets all over. It's light and goes on easily, clings to my skin after I use toner, but not when my skin is very dry.

- Packaging: It comes with enough powder for me to use at least a month and a half, and I use it every single day before leaving my house and then again later for touch ups. It comes with a brush that is a little rough, but it is the best quality of brushes I've seen come with a foundation.

- Coverage: I have some acne marks or minor blemishes. My skin tone is not completely even. The reason why I like it so much is that gives perfect coverage. Like, completely masks any marks on my skin. This is the best in terms of coverage. It makes a smooth and even finish that is matte. I've gotten many compliments on my skin wearing this.

- Skin reaction: I've never had any breakouts with this, and it doesn't make current breakouts worse. I have acne prone skin, mostly kept in check with birth control pills. I also have oily skin. This is why I stopped using this foundation. I switched to MAC's pressed powder and was amazed - my face wasn't oily within a few hours like it is with this foundation. It also combines sort of with the oil on my face, especially the nose area, and sort of runs. With MAC, I can wait till evening to use blotting sheets. I would not recommend this foundation to someone with oily skin.

- Price: I find this cheapest at Walmart for $12. Drug stores like Rite Aid or grocery store Pathmark sell it for $14.99 to $16.