Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 70

3.0

PPD: 9.1 ||| Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3.0%), Homosalate (15.0%), Octisalate (5.0%), Octocrylene (2.8%), Oxybenzone (6.0%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Styrene Acrylate Copolymer, Silica, Diethylhexyl 2,6 Naphthalate, Beeswax, Caprylyl Methicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, BHT, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Acrylates C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Xanthan Gum, Trideceth 6, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disodium EDTA, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance, 9.1

on 1/25/2011 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am extremely fair and generally stay out of the sun as much as I can, but you can't hide forever. So for the times where I do spend days outside in the sun, I want a very high SPF sunscreen. Many reviews mentioned a rash - I didn't get a rash but my skin started to burn moments after applying (not in the sun - it was a burning feeling). Test it if you can before you buy it.

on 1/25/2011 8:47:00 PM

Hmmm. I am somewhat confused by negative reviews on this. I am almost 30 so I wanted to start protecting my face. I am somewhat new to face sun screen. I have very fair skin and do not go in the sun that often. I wore this last sunday when going quad riding. I put my moisturizer on, then applied this on after. I was worried my foundation would not go on properly but it glided right on with no problems. No bunching up or none of that. I did not notice any overly strong smell, and it melted right into my skin without any issues. I was pleasantly surprised. I have worn this a few times since then and have nothing bad to say about this sunscreen. It did not feel heavy either. Worked great for me.

on 12/27/2010 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This sunblock gave me a terrible rash on my neck that lasted 2 weeks!!! This was so unfortunate especially since this was so affordable and everyone seems to love it. :(

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I use this sunscreen on my face everyday in the mornings. If I use it by itself it makes my face look pale so I usually mix it with a moisturizer to tone the whiteness down and to make it easier to blend. I usually wear makeup on top of this so the white cast doesn't matter most of the time. I've used this for almost a year now and I've never broken out or gotten a bad reaction so I'm sticking with this unless I stumble upon something better.

on 9/25/2010 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

Bought this when I was in Hawaii and didn't get burned. It feels really light when you're wearing it but even after I shower it still feels like it's there =(

Overall a good sunscreen though, I wear it when I'm stroking balls on the tennis court often

on 8/1/2010 8:11:00 PM

Well it does the job and protects my skin and is long-wearing. BUT it doesn't absorb well, and if my skin is salty from sweat or seawater it makes the sensitive skin under my eyes sting like hell. And it smells awful. So will not be purchasing again!

on 8/1/2010 3:16:00 AM

This sunscreen works really well, I normally go for a lotion with over 35+ SPF because I'm very skin health conscious & want to be as safe as can be while being in the sun. The one thing I would have to complain about this particular sunscreen is that everything you touch after you apply this, will have a filmy white residue! I applied this in the car, where there is black/gray interior & it got everywhere! So you can imagine what this might do to your skin, it might have a light white over cast on your skin, but you can always blend it away if you pay enough attention to it. Every time I wear this stuff, & get on my iPhone, it makes my phone feel powdery :( gross! But I know that the SPF 55 doesn't have that problem :X The price is very very reasonable though! Try this out, it might be for you! Wonder what the SPF 100 w/ helioplex is like ;X

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This sunblock is perfect for those who want fair skin. I'm shocked to find so many bad reviews here. This is my HG sunblock and favorite product of all time! I've been using this (first in SPF 30, then 45 and 70 respectively) since it first came out years ago and haven't looked back. It doesn't leave a white cast and goes on light, I don't feel it on my face at all. It doesn't ball up under makeup either. It's also matte and keeps my oily face matte all day. The best part is it DOES NOT BREAK ME OUT! (Apologies for the caps, but this is a huge factor for me.) My ultra-sensitive acne-prone skin breaks out from everything so I was beyond ecstatic to finally find a sunblock that's kind to my face. It blocks the sun so perfectly that my acne scars fade really fast - even the stubborn old ones. The only downside, or upside for some, is it really prevents tanning. I just got back from Hawaii where I wore this sunscreen to the beach everyday, and now my face is pastier than the rest of my body! I guess it's great for the body too if you want to keep your skin fair. I use the Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch daily and a tube lasts almost a year, or at least 8 months. Pretty good deal!

on 7/9/2010 11:19:00 PM

I tried using Neutrogena 70 because i'm really sensitive to the sun. I have never really had good results with Sunblock, because my skin is really oily and it has a tendency to break out with this product. I brought this product to Asia with me and I felt it was very heavy on my skin and I felt the dry touch was not helpful my type of skin. BUT, despite being in the sun 24/7, my face did not tan on bit! Good for the body, not for the face!

on 7/9/2010 7:06:00 PM

I used an earlier formulation with no problems, the SPF55--used 2 bottles of that one.

Somehow this SPF 70 gave us really bady rashes, almost like burns on our skin. Of the 4 of us who used it, me, my mom, my son and my husband--only my husband had no reaction to it.

I suspect that the higher concentration of avobenzone or other chemical suncreen (as opposed to physical blocks like zinc oxide or titanium dioxide), might be an issue as I recently purchased the SPF 30 and it had 2% avobenzone, which is lower than the SPF 70.