April 17, 2014 | 1748 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 70

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2010 2:49:00 AM More reviews by catlover22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Bought this when I was in Hawaii and didn't get burned. It feels really light when you're wearing it but even after I shower it still feels like it's there =(

Overall a good sunscreen though, I wear it when I'm stroking balls on the tennis court often

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by theseahag

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well it does the job and protects my skin and is long-wearing. BUT it doesn't absorb well, and if my skin is salty from sweat or seawater it makes the sensitive skin under my eyes sting like hell. And it smells awful. So will not be purchasing again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 3:16:00 AM More reviews by ifoundlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This sunscreen works really well, I normally go for a lotion with over 35+ SPF because I'm very skin health conscious & want to be as safe as can be while being in the sun. The one thing I would have to complain about this particular sunscreen is that everything you touch after you apply this, will have a filmy white residue! I applied this in the car, where there is black/gray interior & it got everywhere! So you can imagine what this might do to your skin, it might have a light white over cast on your skin, but you can always blend it away if you pay enough attention to it. Every time I wear this stuff, & get on my iPhone, it makes my phone feel powdery :( gross! But I know that the SPF 55 doesn't have that problem :X The price is very very reasonable though! Try this out, it might be for you! Wonder what the SPF 100 w/ helioplex is like ;X

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by pandancupcake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This sunblock is perfect for those who want fair skin. I'm shocked to find so many bad reviews here. This is my HG sunblock and favorite product of all time! I've been using this (first in SPF 30, then 45 and 70 respectively) since it first came out years ago and haven't looked back. It doesn't leave a white cast and goes on light, I don't feel it on my face at all. It doesn't ball up under makeup either. It's also matte and keeps my oily face matte all day. The best part is it DOES NOT BREAK ME OUT! (Apologies for the caps, but this is a huge factor for me.) My ultra-sensitive acne-prone skin breaks out from everything so I was beyond ecstatic to finally find a sunblock that's kind to my face. It blocks the sun so perfectly that my acne scars fade really fast - even the stubborn old ones. The only downside, or upside for some, is it really prevents tanning. I just got back from Hawaii where I wore this sunscreen to the beach everyday, and now my face is pastier than the rest of my body! I guess it's great for the body too if you want to keep your skin fair. I use the Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch daily and a tube lasts almost a year, or at least 8 months. Pretty good deal!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by bronzeviolet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried using Neutrogena 70 because i'm really sensitive to the sun. I have never really had good results with Sunblock, because my skin is really oily and it has a tendency to break out with this product. I brought this product to Asia with me and I felt it was very heavy on my skin and I felt the dry touch was not helpful my type of skin. BUT, despite being in the sun 24/7, my face did not tan on bit! Good for the body, not for the face!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2010 7:06:00 PM More reviews by zzjulia

I used an earlier formulation with no problems, the SPF55--used 2 bottles of that one.

Somehow this SPF 70 gave us really bady rashes, almost like burns on our skin. Of the 4 of us who used it, me, my mom, my son and my husband--only my husband had no reaction to it.

I suspect that the higher concentration of avobenzone or other chemical suncreen (as opposed to physical blocks like zinc oxide or titanium dioxide), might be an issue as I recently purchased the SPF 30 and it had 2% avobenzone, which is lower than the SPF 70.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by 1290145

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had a weird reaction to this. Broke me out and got a rash on my face. Staying away from traditional sunscreens and staying with the trader joes zinc oxide formula sunscreen. ugh. Also, this made my face white. Just saying.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2010 9:47:00 PM More reviews by strawberrynkiwi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hate sunscreen, because of the greasy and sticky feeling you get. But I like this. I can put it on my face and I got no problem with it. It might not be the best of there, but definitely the most affordable. I just got SPF70 because it was there, but I might go for SPF50 next time.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by ThreeRabbits

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this on my daughter's arms and necks daily. She started to develope itchy rash on her arms. Will not use this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I used to love this. Not sure what happened but now whenever I use it for more than 1 day I get dry, flaky, red spots on my skin. Not blemishes but odd irritations & they last for several days after I discontinue use.
Very disappointed. I will be switching to physical sunscreens