November 26, 2014 | 1735 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Sheer City Block SPF 25

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by ashleighannei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not 100% sure what this product is for. There are better primers, richer moisturisers, and more obvious choices for mattifying products. Needless to say, I am going to give this product another chance whilst on holiday to see if it becomes a holiday make up bag hero then! SPF 25 is pretty good and it says it 'wicks away perspiration and absorbs excess oil'. Will update when I've given it a test run in warmer climes!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 9:42:00 AM More reviews by katmatthews8888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this moisturizer!! Even though I have normal to dry skin and it does attach itself onto some dry patches I find it moisturizes my skin perfectly. It leaves a beautiful glow on the skin so I don't need to wear foundation although I have tried it under my other foundations and it still gives a perfect finish. It doesn't give me eczema or itch my eyes like my Aveda tinted moisturizer. For €20 its a great price as it lasts forever. I will repurchase over and over again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 4:34:00 AM More reviews by glamarlo1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this about a month ago and I am not disappointed! This helps my foundation stay on longer and it goes on smoother, plus it has a perk of spf! I do not regret purchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2013 3:57:00 AM More reviews by rqhooi

I tried this out a few times after receiving a sample tube and liked it enough to buy the full size.

Pros:
- it gave my rough, dehydrated, patchy skin(basically shitty skin full of scars and huge pores)a very polished and dewy look to it without slathering tons of foundation on
- SPF25 and chemical+oil free.

Cons:
- started to have a slight sting after 1-2 weeks of usage when i put it on
- proceeded to a very tight/pulling feeling later in the day
- somehow seems to suck up all my skin's moisture and natural oil and gave me a very ashy,tired look even though i have combo oily skin
- look and felt like i have a plastic film on my face

Overall its not a bad product, but it just wasn't suitable for my skin. I stop using it when I start getting weird bumps along my jaw area which is an indication that one of my skin product is aggravating my already sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Beatrice28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm so mixed about this product. It glides on smoothly, blends well, makes pore look almost invisible, doesn't have that thick white cast that zinc oxide and titanium dioxide-based products have, and it doesn't break me out or irritate my sensitive skin.

However, when it dries, it leave my normal skin feeling SO dry and tight -- especially around my eyes, which are tight to the point of burning. I've tried adding a couple drops of jojoba oil to it, but it only helps a little. I wish Clinique would make a non-matte version of this for those with dry skin or for normal skin during the winter. And I wish they'd make the light yellow tint a little darker.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The Clinique sales person recommended this product when I told her I wanted to add a sunscreen to my skincare routine without switching moisturizers. This layers over my Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion seemlessly leaving a dewy finish that isn't oily or sticky. The light tint provides a slight glow on days when I don't want to bother with foundation. However, this is light enough to layer under foundation when I want more coverage. I only wish you got more product for your money. However, I've wasted loads of money on cheaper products that didn't perform. So I guess you get what you pay for.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by EcoPretty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin's become really sensitive the past couple years, probably from years of being a skincare junkie and using too many aggressive products. For the past two years, I've been looking for a great tinted moisturizer with non-chemical spf. I tried Jane Iredale, Aveda, Tarte and Too Faced's tinted moisturizers with mediocre results and moved onto this.

The pros: Contains titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, is antioxidant-rich, and has a built-in primer which leaves skin looking smooth and poreless.

The cons: It's very drying for normal and dry skin. After 15 minutes on, my face is unbearably tight and chalky -- in the hot, humid summer nonetheless. I've also noticed that my eyes become really watery and tight too. I tried adding a couple drops of jojoba oil to it, but it didn't help.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Alesya1900

At first I had problems applying this sunblock. Once I applied it to wet skin, right after shower, it worked as magic. It doesn't like to be layered with other products. When I feel oily I put some powder on top. It stays all day. If my skin is dry-ish I use something else.
I found good alternative, it is more expensive but works great too - Up the Anti SPF 30.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Paisleyann

I like that this is an all physical sunscreen (since that's all I can wear).
I like that it has antioxidants and no fragrance. I like that I didn't get tanned all summer using it. I'm just finishing the tube which lasted all summer.....
........but I don't like it.
It's too heavy, thick, and makes my pores look larger. And yes....this is the Sheer City Block. It also leaves this strange cast to my face like a pearlessence. It doesn't look healthy.To be fair, I have been using physical sunscreen for years, and most are like this, it just sits on top of your skin. This one just felt heavier. I'll go back to my trusted Trader Joe's Enrich SPF15. I thought I would try something different, but Traders Joe's at $4.50 may be basic, but its light, effective, and doesn't make you look ill.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by LussyCakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Too greasy for me :( And it was hard to apply as well...